Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood getting him would be weird to me, I wouldnt be accepting a Pies future 1st if I was the Dogs, too much risk it's a horrible pick in the 20s so who would they need to push someone out to make it work? Generally managers dont want their clients picking somewhere unless there is a relatively obvious path to getting traded
If (and it's a big if) Smith sets his sights on the Pies. The trade currency we have to hopefully get it done would be:

Future 1st (pick 15-22) Hawthorn's 2nd 2024 (pick 25-27). I think if we give up both of those we are close to a deal.

If (and it's a big if) Smith sets his sights on the Pies. The trade currency we have to hopefully get it done would be:

Future 1st (pick 15-22) Hawthorn's 2nd 2024 (pick 25-27). I think if we give up both of those we are close to a deal.
How is ed Allen going in the vfl ? Would be interested working him into a deal possibly

How is ed Allen going in the vfl ? Would be interested working him into a deal possibly
Usually picks up mid 20 possession games playing wing and less frequently mid/inside mid. Still a bit skinny for his 194cm frame. He is showing signs. He is contracted to the end of 2026 I believe.

Been told by a player manager that the Dogs are in the process of revising their offer to Smith. (Player manager) believes that Smith is happy to stay at the Dogs, if the deal is right.

Doubt we'll match the other offers on the table, but I do agree that the two we offered him was a dick move. I'd offer him 3 with a trigger for 4 on good money and see what pans out.

Although, at the end of the day, might just need a ''fresh start''

Been told by a player manager that the Dogs are in the process of revising their offer to Smith. (Player manager) believes that Smith is happy to stay at the Dogs, if the deal is right.

Doubt we'll match the other offers on the table, but I do agree that the two we offered him was a dick move. I'd offer him 3 with a trigger for 4 on good money and see what pans out.

Maybe he wants Dogs to lock him up long term on big money then requests a trade the next offseason?
Guys do that in NBA a lot. Get their bag then ask out. Guaranteed to still get paid but join a new club because "reasons"

Not to provide directly contradicting info

But from what I was told, will take Bevo being sacked for him to stay at this point

Maybe he wants Dogs to lock him up long term on big money then requests a trade the next offseason?
Guys do that in NBA a lot. Get their bag then ask out. Guaranteed to still get paid but join a new club because "reasons"

NBA teams willing to do that cause they can trade players without player permission. Harder for AFL clubs to consider this as they usually negoaite with the one team the player chooses.

I'd assume we'd offer 4 no triggers but I don't know anything. Hawks might offer more again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back