Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Ed Allen traded from Pies to Freo for one of their 1sts.

Collingwood dont have a 1st rounder to trade this year and will need to get one.

A 2nd and a F1st is daylight robbery. Getting a tad tired of the congo line of quality players who want to move to Collingwood every single trade period. On top of father sons and not travelling as much as others. No wonder they dont drop to the bottom to rebuild.
Who are the quality players on this "congo line" every trade period.
We are one of the teams that get very few of the trade targets we chase.
I think you will find Richmond and Geelong,. have a better destination club record than us.

Collingwood dont have a 1st rounder to trade this year and will need to get one.

A 2nd and a F1st is daylight robbery. Getting a tad tired of the congo line of quality players who want to move to Collingwood every single trade period. On top of father sons and not travelling as much as others. No wonder they dont drop to the bottom to rebuild.
100%.

Watching superstars like Billy Frampton, Lachie Shultz, Nathan Kreuger, & Dan McStay make their way to Collingwood has been horrifying for the rest of us.

i reckon smith is the polar opposite to a jesse hogan/joe daniher type player - player's whose careers have improved since they departed from the footy-mad states, he loves the limelight & his best football is outstanding, but it's similarly telling when he has a shocker. i think realistically that collingwood will likely avoid him (though having that existing relationship with the current playing group doesn't hurt the odds that he will end up there), but instead will end up at one of Geelong or St Kilda. i personally think Geelong as they have a track record of recruiting highly coveted players (think J Cameron) but also because he'll be able to play his best possible football in an environment that will support him and enable him, as we've seen for countless years with Geelong being a consistently performing team. i think that St Kilda is the dark horse in this one because i think that smith represents the star power that the club needs.

Collingwood getting him would be weird to me, I wouldnt be accepting a Pies future 1st if I was the Dogs, too much risk it's a horrible pick in the 20s so who would they need to push someone out to make it work? Generally managers dont want their clients picking somewhere unless there is a relatively obvious path to getting traded

Ahhh yes, "gun"
Definitely not exaggerating the use of that term lol

Did he also "train the house down" in preseason?
Not sure what your point is. Schultz is a very very good player. I don't judge a player after just a few games. His career to date has shown his capabilities.

And when talking about Bailey Smith, Gawn and Petracca did their ACL's too yet turned out pretty good. Bailey Smith is still young to well and truly get himself back to being one of the best young players in the game.

Not sure what your point is. Schultz is a very very good player. I don't judge a player after just a few games. His career to date has shown his capabilities.

And when talking about Bailey Smith, Gawn and Petracca did their ACL's too yet turned out pretty good. Bailey Smith is still young to well and truly get himself back to being one of the best young players in the game.
FootyLad0 this is the same bloke who has already written off Jhye Clark, right?

Collingwood getting him would be weird to me, I wouldnt be accepting a Pies future 1st if I was the Dogs, too much risk it's a horrible pick in the 20s so who would they need to push someone out to make it work? Generally managers dont want their clients picking somewhere unless there is a relatively obvious path to getting traded

If I was Collingwood I wouldn't be trading their future 1st either. Could finish just about anywhere in 2025.

100%.

Watching superstars like Billy Frampton, Lachie Shultz, Nathan Kreuger, & Dan McStay make their way to Collingwood has been horrifying for the rest of us.

Bobby Hill plenty horrified the Lions when it mattered.

Shultz is a very good player.

McStay doing a knee makes the fact they got him as a UFA mean nothing?

Brownlow medalist and now a Collingwood premiership player in Tom Mitchell.

Bobby Hill plenty horrified the Lions when it mattered.

Shultz is a very good player.

McStay doing a knee makes the fact they got him as a UFA mean nothing?

Brownlow medalist and now a Collingwood premiership player in Tom Mitchell.
So they picked up some good-ordinary footballers while in the premiership window?

Stop the presses! We've never seen this before!!

Everybody has done it. Geelong, Richmond, Hawthorn...even your club with Kelly.

Clubs who are winning are attractive propositions to opposition players, who would have thought that?

Outside of Collingwood, Geelong, & Sydney who are always up the top, the destination clubs change every few years.

Even Norf have had their fair share once they spent a few years in the finals.

You're making a problem out of nothing. If the bottom feeders don't like it, then win some games. It's pretty simple.

Anyone who believe's anything coming out of the media at this stage is bonkers. It's early April and they drum up anything to make it a story. There's so many different factors at play here including managers who are doing their best to leak little bits of information to increase their player's value.

The reality is that Smith could be playing footy at a bunch of different clubs next year (including the Dogs) and likely doesn't even know what he wants to do yet.
Thats cute :D.

Do you really think he is in doubt of where he wants to go?
Or are you just living in hope.

You dont know where he wants to be.
I dont know where he wants to be.
All the so-called experts on this site, dont know where he wants to be.

I can guarantee you though, that Bailey Smith knows exactly where he wants to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade to get their own pick back?

So they picked up some good-ordinary footballers while in the premiership window?

Stop the presses! We've never seen this before!!

Everybody has done it. Geelong, Richmond, Hawthorn...even your club with Kelly.

Clubs who are winning are attractive propositions to opposition players, who would have thought that?

Outside of Collingwood, Geelong, & Sydney who are always up the top, the destination clubs change every few years.

Even Norf have had their fair share once they spent a few years in the finals.

You're making a problem out of nothing. If the bottom feeders don't like it, then win some games. It's pretty simple.

Simple as landing Moore and two Daicos as father sons.

Ok. Simple.

A Pies supporter pretending the club isnt a destination club. Lol.

Simple as landing Moore and two Daicos as father sons.

Ok. Simple.

A Pies supporter pretending the club isnt a destination club. Lol.
So now it's got nothing to do with trades & free agency, and it's now about the F/S rule?

I'm not going to clog up this thread more than we already have...but next time pick a lane and stick to it.

People might take your ramblings seriously as a result.

A 2nd and a F1st is daylight robbery. Getting a tad tired of the congo line of quality players who want to move to Collingwood every single trade period. On top of father sons and not travelling as much as others. No wonder they dont drop to the bottom to rebuild
We haven't had a conga line of quality players lining up to join us, we have missed out on some big fish over the years recently.
Only since Fly has joined the club are we starting to get some opposition quality through the door.
Now we have a strategy where we will be targeting quality from other clubs more so due our cap opening up over the next 3 years.
The opportunity to play with a big club, with a big draw card must be an attractive proposition for a lot of players.

Don’t really need him, nor do I really care if we get him. A lot get knickers in a knot when someone wants to come to Collingwood.

Collingwood have been the 1 club who have been totally bent over at the trade table over the past 5 years, so I think a few can cool there jets.

Personally I hope we look at a Zurhaar type in FA as I think that suits our needs a bit more.

End of the day it's Smith's choice not the dogs, though they can make it hard he'll still get there.

He has a choice to make. I know where I'd advise him to go

Schultz is 100 games into his career....he's got credits in the bank.

I'm not ruling Jhye Clark out but many cat fans talk as if he's already made it as an afl player when he clearly hasn't. That's premature in itself.
I'm confident. He's 5 games in and showing more than enough to me. He's well below his final playing weight and holding his own

Remove this Banner Ad

Back