Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Love how's there 3 clubs interested and most supporters except Geelongs are saying he's not worth a 1st. His value is a pick from 8 - 12. I guarantee you if he gets traded there will be a 1st involved or a 1st + involved.
Cats supporters have seen this movie before

We haven't had a conga line of quality players lining up to join us, we have missed out on some big fish over the years recently.
Only since Fly has joined the club are we starting to get some opposition quality through the door.
Now we have a strategy where we will be targeting quality from other clubs more so due our cap opening up over the next 3 years.
The opportunity to play with a big club, with a big draw card must be an attractive proposition for a lot of players.

Pies have admitted the draft is broken and have an aggressive player poaching policy.

It's been happening forever. Remember Eddie's rant over GWS draft access?
"We will come hard at poaching those Vic kids".

Love how's there 3 clubs interested and most supporters except Geelongs are saying he's not worth a 1st. His value is a pick from 8 - 12. I guarantee you if he gets traded there will be a 1st involved or a 1st + involved.
I’d have him slightly lower because he is OOC, coming off an ACL, had been in poor form prior and seems to want out.. I’d have him between pick 15-18 (late first).. Probably aligns with Cats first, would need to be a future first if it’s Hawks. I wouldn’t think he get you a top 10 pick..

Bailey Smith (Western Bulldogs)

“I think it's more likely he leaves now. I think a lot of people have got their head around that,” Cleary said on SEN Breakfast.

“There's three in the race - Geelong, Hawthorn and Collingwood.

“I think Hawthorn needs a first-round (draftee) as a key position player, but they might have a look at Bailey Smith.

“We'll see how that one unfolds, I don't have a clear frontrunner yet.”

Bailey Smith (Western Bulldogs)

“I think it's more likely he leaves now. I think a lot of people have got their head around that,” Cleary said on SEN Breakfast.

“There's three in the race - Geelong, Hawthorn and Collingwood.

“I think Hawthorn needs a first-round (draftee) as a key position player, but they might have a look at Bailey Smith.

“We'll see how that one unfolds, I don't have a clear frontrunner yet.”
hawthorn will drop out of the race fairly quickly i'd wager.

Most Hawk fans agree he’s worth a first, just not our first.

Why do you think that?
they can throw all the money in the world at him, but i think it'll be heavily dependent on what he wants (and perhaps the AFL, if you excuse the tin-foil cap). i reckon that both of those clubs will have players who'll happily accept paycheque reductions to be able to get high quality players, and since both geelong and collingwood will be premiership fancies over the coming years, i think that he'd likely try and go somewhere within Melbourne that will be close to their premiership, which i think rules out hawthorn, essendon, st kilda etc.

i also don't think that his playstyle would fit the current iteration as it stands, but i can only speak on the few games i've watched this year, and i cannot include hawks vs. the suns, because no one in the midfield played well that day.

they can throw all the money in the world at him, but i think it'll be heavily dependent on what he wants (and perhaps the AFL, if you excuse the tin-foil cap). i reckon that both of those clubs will have players who'll happily accept paycheque reductions to be able to get high quality players, and since both geelong and collingwood will be premiership fancies over the coming years, i think that he'd likely try and go somewhere within Melbourne that will be close to their premiership, which i think rules out hawthorn, essendon, st kilda etc.

i also don't think that his playstyle would fit the current iteration as it stands, but i can only speak on the few games i've watched this year, and i cannot include hawks vs. the suns, because no one in the midfield played well that day.

Hawks fans comments indicated they thought he was going to play wing like he was at the Dogs. I thought that was half the reason he wanted to move though

Hawks fans comments indicated they thought he was going to play wing like he was at the Dogs. I thought that was half the reason he wanted to move though
i'm by no means a fan of smith (think he's a bit of a tool personally) but i reckon he could be a very good inside midfielder, it's been a while since he's been at his best but when he's good he moves through the play very, very well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven’t seen too many Hawks say that he’s not worth a first.

i'm by no means a fan of smith (think he's a bit of a tool personally) but i reckon he could be a very good inside midfielder, it's been a while since he's been at his best but when he's good he moves through the play very, very well
I think he has attributes to be a good power mid but if he's picking up disposals on the outside, yes he can run, but you're exposing his execution by foot. I think he's perfect for the cats so long as his knee recovers like Petracca instead of O'Meara

Bahahaha I was talking about Danny mate. No dramas.
Oh s**t, comprehension fail

Just fade me now fellas

Tv Show No GIF by The Daily Show

He can play inside mid at Geelong all he likes. And our first this year will be around the mark I reckon.

He can play inside mid at Geelong all he likes. And our first this year will be around the mark I reckon.

I don’t know about academy or father sons in the opening 12-15 picks but I’d say a pick between 8-12 is fair right now (if there’s no academy or father sons that push it further up). I think you’ll make finals but won’t make a huge splash (no offence) so I think your first is gonna be close. But I’m expecting Power to play hard ball as he’s clearly highly rated internally .

I don’t know about academy or father sons in the opening 12-15 picks but I’d say a pick between 8-12 is fair right now (if there’s no academy or father sons that push it further up). I think you’ll make finals but won’t make a huge splash (no offence) so I think your first is gonna be close. But I’m expecting Power to play hard ball as he’s clearly highly rated internally .

No offence taken. Perhaps we might need to swap some later picks around to make it work, but I think we are in a decent position to get a trade done if it falls that way. The ACL helps us on trade value no doubt.

Meh, it's close to the mark. I'm sure they could work it out amicably from there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back