Arden Street this Saturday

Remove this Banner Ad

Urmoe

Premiership Player
North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Dec 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
none
North Ballarat will now play Frankston at Arden St, North Melbourne on Saturday, March 14 instead of Learmouth Football Oval.

Reserves kick-off at 11.10am followed by the seniors at 1.40pm.

Im not sure who is available but I'm assuming NMFC NB affiliated players not playing in Bendigo for NM will be playing.

From a past thread by Ben, I believe Werribee first practice match is the following week as they have a bye in the first week of the regular season.

I guess the following are the only players eligible for the game on Saturday (if fit or not rested). All other NB aligned players are listed for the NMFC team to play in Bendigo tomorrow:

Warren Benjamin
Aaron Edwards
Cruize Garlett
Corey Jones
Jesse W. Smith
Andrew Swallow
Marcus White
Michael Wundke

except for Jones
Jones didnt train with the senior squad today so unless they are resting him, he will probably play in the vfl practice match.

Robbie Tarrant will be playing in this match.
From an article in the Bendigo Advertiser about the NMFC vs Essendon match.

Tarrant, the Kangaroos’ first pick in the 2007 draft, is recovering from a right shoulder injury that has hampered his pre-season.

Tarrant’s first season at the Kangaroos last year was wrecked by a pre-season injury to his left shoulder.

“It looks like he’s going to have a hit-out in the VFL with North Ballarat this weekend, which is a positive,” Daly said.

“Hopefully, both his shoulders are now fixed up and it can be all systems go for him.

“As much as it has been frustrating, it has probably been a very good learning curve for Robbie in spending a bit of time in rehab with some of the older players at the club.

Strange Tarrant is playing since he's now aligned with Werribee. That may mean North/Werribee players will get a game.

Urmoe - Did anyone else in the squad not train with the main group?

Strange Tarrant is playing since he's now aligned with Werribee. That may mean North/Werribee players will get a game.

Urmoe - Did anyone else in the squad not train with the main group?
There was only 1 group training, the boys from the listed squad that didnt train this morning were Corey Jones, Todd Goldstein, Levi Greenwood and Nathan Grima.

I only saw 25 on the track but is hard to track who is actually out there at training as guys are all over the place and the caoches and fitness guys all had the gear on as well. I definitely didnt see any sign of the boys I mentioned above.

There was a group of guys training in the gym, not sure who they were.

interesting......most werribee boys playing for NB this weekend.....no JWS and still no Riggio...looking forward to seeing Adams line up again however.

Welcome returns for VFL hit-out

8:13 PM Thu 12 March, 2009
120309_Garlett_IA.jpg
North Melbourne's Cruize Garlett will play for VFL affiliate side North Ballarat this weekend against Frankston.

Kangaroos’ affiliate side North Ballarat will take on Frankston this Saturday at Arden Street in both the seniors and reserves.

North Melbourne listed players are set to feature prominently as the Rooster’s look to put themselves on the right foot ahead of the VFL season.

The reserves match starting from 11.10am will show off some of the Roos younger players, with Luke Delaney, Nathan O’Keefe and Conor Meredith all set to play a big part in the match – while Robbie Tarrant will make his long awaited return 18 weeks after a shoulder reconstruction.

"I've been doing full training for about a month. I could have played a month ago, but there wasn't really any use in me playing.” the delighted forward said after the club’s final training session for the week.

Leigh Adams will also look forward to the match, the in and under midfielder playing in just his second match after a knee reconstruction prematurely ended his 2008.

Experienced North Melbourne stars Daniel Harris and Aaron Edwards will be the main draw-cards in the seniors match starting from 1.40pm.

Edwards has been solid in the practice matches so far and will be itching to get back into the Kangaroos’ uniform for the club’s Round 5 match against Richmond.

Cruize Garlett and Andrew Swallow will also be looking to impress after some good form throughout the pre-season.

Below is a list of North Melbourne players set to appear in the match:

Seniors:

Greenwood
Grima
Goldstein
Swallow
Harris
Garlett
Benjamin
Wright
Jones
Edwards
Wundke

Reserves:

Delaney
Meredith
Obst
White
Speight
Adams
O’Keefe
Tarrant

What: North Ballarat reserves/seniors v Frankston reserves/seniors
Where: Arden Street Oval
When: Reserves 11.10am, seniors 1.40pm – Saturday 14 March

Thanks for that Urmoe.

Pity Grima and Greenwood have missed out instead of Power and Watt. Good to see Warren get another game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any reports?

Not a good day for Shagga the coach. Frankston goalless!

I think the score was

NB : 10 9 - 69
Frankston : 0 9 - 9

Conditions were very wet early on easing to slippery later in the game which affected the game obiviously.

Quick observations.

Some perfomances that really found my G spot.

Goldstein - Seemed to NB's only ruckman. Dominated.

Grima - Practically impassable up back. Very Very impressed

Greenwood - Love Him. Excellent game. Getting the pill. Laying tackles. Good Disposal.

Garlett - Conditions not ideal for him but got plenty of pill and always constructive.

Tarrant got through unscathed in the earlier game. He laid some extremely heavy tackles and the shoulders stood up to the test. I think he may have kicked a goal as well.

Any reports?
Only got to see the third quarter, so pretty limited review, but for what it's worth... I was up near the North Ballarat forward line.

Aaron Edwards seemed switched on and was running around, but didn't touch it much in the 3rd Q. How did he go in the other quarters?

Corey Jones was making a real effort to get involved. Got tackled a couple of times. Lined up for a kick at goal from about 45 m out, and then he helicoptered it through for a point I think.

Goldstein dominated in the ruck. Kicked a nice long goal as well.

Noticed Harro was getting in the thick of it, and got the ball out a couple of times.

Only noticed Swallow once or twice.

Be interested to hear how Edwards and Jones went over the whole game.

Cheers.

I looked for the fabled 'Wright' and couldnt see him anywhere.

I thought Swallow looked good, and Goldy was flat out ****ing dominant, to the point where he was sharking the taps of the opposition ruckmen if the boundary throw in made him out of position.

Only saw the first half, and bonus points for cars around the boundary.

Swallow - Probaly has Leather Poisoning. Disposal ordinary on occasions but understandble in the conditions. Very Good Game.

Harris - Good Solid game. Lot of hard in an under work. Perhaps not the dominant game he would need to get back in the good books though. Not sure why but just seems to be struggling for his best form at the moment.

Jones - Had a real crack. Played pretty well. Kicked 2 or 3 goals and missed a couple of others.

Edwards - Difficult conditions for him. Attacked the contest well though. But generally a quiet day

Wundke - See Edwards. Took one very nice grab and kicked a goal from it.

Wright. - I only saw him once on the ground. I did miss the first 10 minutes tho. He was off in the second half. In his civvies. He wasn't limping as far as I could tell so not sure if injured or was only ever playing the first half.

Benjamin - Was OK. Seemed to be playing as an outside midfielder and got a fair bit of the ball. Tried to do too much on several occasions and got caught. But conditions he wouldn't be used to. Early Days.

No senior players there. Got a call at half time that explained why. A mate at the Dees/Dogs game said they were all at Casey. Presumbaly spying on The Dees in preperation for Round 1.

Correction on that score. It was actually 10.10=70 NB to 0.7=7 Frankston.

The seconds played earlier, and I was a bit late so I'm not sure of the score as I got there 1/2 way through the first quarter.

Tarrant played more than just the 1/2 that was originally stated. He played into the fourth Quarter. It was good to see him play.

Also great to see Patch Adams playing. Both players pulled up OK.

All of our rookie listed players played in the game as well. Hard to rate anyone's game as it was difficult conditions and the were playing VFL seconds.

Luke Delaney looked good, though. A big guy in those conditions isn't ideal.

As for the Senior game, Cruize looked very good and appears to be twice the size he was last season.

Swallow got a bit of the ball.

Benjamin looked strong and was amongst it.

Grima looked far too good for his opponents. He was too strong, too quick, and he reads the play and the flight of the ball well. Certainly looks like he is trying to get back to the AFL side.

Corey Jones played well and got a bit. His kicking was a bit ordinary at times.

Wundke is still a beautiful kick at goal, but he needs to get more of the pill.

Harro was OK. He was also amongst it, but nothing special and I would have thought that Swallow and Cruize (although he's rookie listed) would currently be ahead of him.

Sam Wright sprained an ankle. I don't think it was too serious, but he left the game early and watched the rest from the sidelines.

Levi worked well and played pretty well. He also got a fair bit of the ball.

Todd dominated the ruck contests, but is still working on stamina as he was knackered in the fourth quarter!

Hard to rate as Frankston was hopelessly outclassed by a side that was loaded with AFL listed players and filled out by the reigning premiers!! The Frankston boys never gave up and actually kicked two of their 7 points late in the game when they probably had the weight of possession.

hmmm, well i got to watch both games, so i am a little footballed and rained out! in the reserves game it was good to see Adams get out on the park. went very well, got a load of it, in and under and runs well, marked well. this bloke is a good footballer. Speight too was good running through the midfield and onto the forward flank. Like Adams he is good in close and both had generally good disposal in atrocious conditions.
Grima was another who went well. showed he is above the level he played today. had good run, good attack on the ball and the man and had good distance with his kicking. even tried a little concrete demolition at the end of one tackle!
Tarrant was ok throughout. Had good second and third efforts when the ball went to ground, layed some good tackles and tested his shoulders well enough. White was good too i thought. got a little bit of the ball and usually used it well. showed good composure at a couple of clearances. First time i have seen Delaney - he is a big hombre and went ok. showed good closing speed and aggression at the ball and the player. Meredith was playing across half back and had a couple of good passages of play running or linking through the backline. O'Keefe i never really noticed til later in the game, but i think he may have been at or about CHF, and he did spend some time down at FF. reminds me of Burton at Adelaide and more than likely had a greater influence than i have given him credit for.

As for the seniors game, most of what has been written i agree with - Greenwood was really good. marshalled the defence, attacked the ball, got the ball, smashed blokes etc etc Swallow, Harris and Garlett were all good through the midfield. complemented each other with different assets, whilst all being hard at it. All three made clearances, made tackles, got crashed, bashed and smashed and got up and went again. Jones is another who had a good work rate. was heavily marked - as you'd expect - but kept at it with second and third efforts. Benjamin looks lively, and likely. got a little bit of the ball and has some wheels as well. showed good composure when outnumbered and close to the boundary. Wright started but then i spent the rest of the game trying to find him.

Fantastic stuff everyone. Thanks for braving the weather and the detailed reports.

Some wooses stayed inside and watched the races and Sound Relief (including "You am I" from Sydney) on the box.

Fantastic stuff everyone. Thanks for braving the weather and the detailed reports.

Some wooses stayed inside and watched the races and Sound Relief (including "You am I" from Sydney) on the box.

Including a ripping run through of "Berlin Chair".

Although if someone could do me a favour and kill that twat from Eskimo Joe, that'd be great.

And, again, cheers for the reports, guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back