AFLW AFLW Season 4, 2020 - Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Tired of hearing everything Geelong does is lucky and eveything NM does is class.

Commentate dont barrack.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't get to see the match but tried to keep up to date with things via social media - this photo is just heartbreaking

Not one person from North acknowledging or wishing Nina all the best in their post-match interviews. Disgraceful.

Yeah I thought their celebrations and the commentary were just ... well, a bit oblivious.

Morrison is just so brilliant with her game awareness. Horrible for her, the team, and the club.

Does anyone know the extent of Jordan's injury? The Fox commentary team were too busy waving their light blue and white pom-poms instead of even bothering to shed light on what the injury was, let alone how severe it was.

Just bumped into Paul Hood at the local milk bar while picking up the morning paper. Said the side was devastated about Nina and it was very hard to get their minds back onto the game, for obvious reasons.

On a positive note though, he said Jordan just rolled her ankle and is a chance to get up for this week.

I like the way you got the coach to answer this question.

I thought enquiring minds would want to know so went straight to the source. ;)

He also said the VFLW girls have a practice match today as well, but didn't say where or against whom.

Just bumped into Paul Hood at the local milk bar while picking up the morning paper. Said the side was devastated about Nina and it was very hard to get their minds back onto the game, for obvious reasons.

On a positive note though, he said Jordan just rolled her ankle and is a chance to get up for this week.

Was Nina's injury our first major in-game injury?

Thinking about that response - is it a case of this is something the players haven't had to deal with before and that women tend to show their emotions more freely, it's something the players may have to learn to deal with in a more blunt manner when it comes to match injuries, so they don't lose focus?

Not sure how easy that is to do, but maybe it's something that needs to be looked at - it's not necessarily about taking the emotion out of the game, but learning how to better refocus or not lose focus after something like that

Was Nina's injury our first major in-game injury?

Thinking about that response - is it a case of this is something the players haven't had to deal with before and that women tend to show their emotions more freely, it's something the players may have to learn to deal with in a more blunt manner when it comes to match injuries, so they don't lose focus?

Not sure how easy that is to do, but maybe it's something that needs to be looked at - it's not necessarily about taking the emotion out of the game, but learning how to better refocus or not lose focus after something like that

I think its more a matter of if you take the engine out of the engine room - you are not left with enough fire power against the top side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back