List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 02-MAY-2024)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Errol Gulden
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley
James Rowbottom

Contract Expires - 2029:
Oliver Florent
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:
To my eye eye he's looked good enough. He was our first pick before Buller so we obviously rate him. Gould must surely be leaving. Melican must be a question mark with his cheesy hamstrings. Edwards is a bigger unit but 2 or 3 years behind him. How does debuting play into that?
He’s a mature age player - so I’d have anticipated that if he was going to debut, it would have been among the injury carnage this year.

Given he wasn’t deemed up to a debut this year, I think that unless the club thinks he’s on an upward trajectory, he’s likely to be delisted - as are most mid season draftees.

He’s a mature age player - so I’d have anticipated that if he was going to debut, it would have been among the injury carnage this year.

Given he wasn’t deemed up to a debut this year, I think that unless the club thinks he’s on an upward trajectory, he’s likely to be delisted - as are most mid season draftees.
We did mention our picks were for short and longer term at the time. I think in the case of losing Gould, not being able to trust Melican's body, Paddy potentially retiring, we'd be mad to delist a guy who has looked pretty good after just arriving.

We did mention our picks were for short and longer term at the time. I think in the case of losing Gould, not being able to trust Melican's body, Paddy potentially retiring, we'd be mad to delist a guy who has looked pretty good after just arriving.
Time will tell (as it always does!), but personally I can’t see us retaining Arnold whilst at the same time delisting Gould.

My thoughts exactly. You put it perfectly.

The bus is loading and every year some miss out.

Franklin - Thanks for everything it was an unbelievable ride.

P McCartin - unfortunately, he should be on the bus (medically retired). A bizarre but enlightening career. Nearly out of the game, changes clubs and plays a GF with his brother. Heart melting moments.

Reid - Aaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhh. His best is incredibly good however his kicking and body are somewhat flaky. Can you set a team around him in a key position and then disappear with a season ending injury again. More experience (181 games) then the next 3 key forwards combined (114). On the bus or cheap contract in Sinkers VFL, or AFL when required.

Stephens - Will volunteer to jump onto the bus. Burnt at pick 5. Norf quality .
Traded to where he wants to go for 3rd Rd pick.

Arnold/Gould - surprised if both stay or go but likely 1 will go.

Melican - just don't know

Sheather- unlucky but plays hard and injured constantly.

HHK - will be offered a contract somewhere else.

Gulden and McDonald contracts need to be done NOW, ASAP, PRONTO, STAT

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

If we keep Buller and Arnold (🤞) we could delist say Owen (for instance) and promote McAndrew and Wicks.
That would leave us with the 5 Rookies.
Buller
Arnold
HHK
Magor
Fox
Room for May perhaps?

May we could rookie via the Cat B list if we delist Sheather as I would imagine would be the case

McLean would get much more somewhere else and we were in negotiation and his value is growing each week. Might be that one that got away.

McLean would get much more somewhere else and we were in negotiation and his value is growing each week. Might be that one that got away.

As much as it would be nice to keep him as he is in good form, I think Buller will overtake him eventually anyway. If he leaves, Buller gets fastracked so I'm not overly concerned if he does.

Does any or all of Paddy's contract amount for next season - 2024 - count against next year's cap?

EDIT: Just adding that based on the the article from The Age republished in the draft/trade thread today, Buller and Arnold are signed up to the end of next year, 2024, not 2023 as listed above?

Last edited:
Does any or all of Paddy's contract amount for next season - 2024 - count against next year's cap?

EDIT: Just adding that based on the the article from The Age republished in the draft/trade thread today, Buller and Arnold are signed up to the end of next year, 2024, not 2023 as listed above?

Tap the Sign.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My guess is McDonald has been told by his manager to hold off, play well and try to get that extra $100k per year
Most likely. But I don't think Sydney are going to take too many risks here. We will offer him a very fair contract imo.

One-year extension for Lewis Melican

The Age, 22 August

Mid-season draftees Harry Arnold and Jack Buller added another 12 months to their contract almost as soon as they arrived in the Harbour City

Remove this Banner Ad

Back