No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually yes, it is.

Clubs are governed under an independent commission model (the AFL). As part of that model, the clubs can and do share information such as this.

They didn’t “advertise it”.

As for Thomas himself - I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever. None. He’s gone and done it yet AGAIN:

Those playing the “good bloke” card, or somehow trying to portray Thomas as deserving of sympathy are, in my view, part of the problem.
Next chances ultimately need to be earnt by at least showing some remorse and wanting to change.
I'm again reminded that the Swans acted appropriately in similar circumstances.

Assuming that the Pies beat the Weagles tomorrow the ladder will be:
Swans 32
Cats 28
Bombers 26
Dees 24
Giants 24
Port 24
Blues 24
Pies 22*
Probably the only real surprise would be the Bombers on 98.3%.
They've beaten the Hawks, Saints, Dogs, Crows, Eagles and Giants plus a draw with the Pies.
Our next 3 games are biggies vs Blues, Dogs, Cats and the bye. Blues and Cats at home.
No reason we can't be 11-1 mid-way.

Assuming that the Pies beat the Weagles tomorrow the ladder will be:
Swans 32
Cats 28
Bombers 26
Dees 24
Giants 24
Port 24
Blues 24
Pies 22*
Probably the only real surprise would be the Bombers on 98.3%.
They've beaten the Hawks, Saints, Dogs, Crows, Eagles and Giants plus a draw with the Pies.
Our next 3 games are biggies vs Blues, Dogs, Cats and the bye. Blues and Cats at home.
No reason we can't be 11-1 mid-way.
Why put the kiss of death on us , i'm sure the coach is worried about this week only !

I'm sure you're right, as he should be.
I said at the start of the year that we are a massive chance and i never do that as i get too nervous and you can make an idiot of yourself . I know who we play the next 3 , but just want to beat the rats on Friday night , shocking mob

So just checked the ladder after round 9 and I don't think this has been mentioned by the media or others yet (tho happy to be corrected on this).

The Swans are the no.1 team for points for and against.

View attachment 1987588

Also the fact we have beaten 4 top 8 sides too not just beaten up on junk make it even better.

Plenty of work to do though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To make it even worse the woman murdered in Forbes, Mollie Ticehurst, was Nick Hind's cousin.
Hind and three of his Essendon teammates went to the funeral.

But still Scott talks of "wrapping our arms around" Thomas, a person who sent a barrage of threatening and abusive messages to a woman.

Let's not forget after Hannah Clarke and her 3 children who were killed by her estranged husband (who was also the children's father) by being doused in petrol and set alight in the family car, in 2020, a Qld detective inspector declared that the murderer may have been "driven too far".
Too often people seem more concerned about the perpetrators of domestic violence rather than the victims.

Brad Scott was on 7's Talking Footy this week in an attempt to clarify his comments and tied himself into knots about his responsibility as a coach to look after his players (he coached Thomas for 1 year at NM) and yet again failed to mention the victim.
If only she footballed.

Great post Mr H Biker. The terrible deaths of Hannah and Kids exemplified the ghastly attitude of some blokes that partners and kids are possessions.

The QLD filthy copper exemplified the attitude of scum who refused to attend domestic violence call-outs. It took decades of work to convince the Filth they had to treat domestic violence calls seriously.

Hopefully fixture out tomorrow , you would think our return games against the Filth and Essendon would be Friday nights , even the Port game , no Thursdays or Saturday 1pms please

Id selfishly like 4:30 saturday every week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back