List Mgmt. AFL Senior List Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
SYDNEY SWANS CONTRACT STATUS (Updated 02-MAY-2024)

The minimum list size for each club will be 37, which can be made up of as little as 36 senior listed players and one rookie.

To reach 44, clubs can carry 36-38 senior listed players, four to six Category A rookies, and two Category B rookies.

List make up - 37 Senior Listed players, 5 Category A rookies and 2 Category B rookie.

Contract Expires - 2024:
Harry Arnold (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Jack Buller (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Harry Cunningham
William Edwards (Cat B Rookie 2nd Year)
Robbie Fox
Aaron Francis
Will Hayward
Indhi Kirk (Cat B Rookie 1st Year)
Jacob Konstanty
Jaiden Magor (Cat A Rookie 2nd Year)
Lachlan McAndrew (Cat A Rookie 3rd Year)
Logan McDonald
Lewis Melican
Caleb Mitchell
Sam Reid (Cat A Rookie 1st Year)
Cooper Vickery

Contract Expires - 2025:
Braeden Campbell
Caiden Cleary
Joel Hamling
Peter Ladhams
Jake Lloyd
Luke Parker
Dane Rampe
Matthew Roberts
Angus Sheldrick
Patrick Snell
Chad Warner
Corey Warner
Sam Wicks
John Longmire (Senior Coach)

Contract Expires - 2026:
Taylor Adams
Joel Amartey
Will Green
James Jordon
Justin McInerney

Contract Expires- 2027:
Brodie Grundy
Tom McCartin
Hayden McLean

Contract Expires - 2028:
Errol Gulden
Issac Heeney
Tom Papley
James Rowbottom

Contract Expires - 2029:
Oliver Florent
Callum Mills

Contract Expires - 2031:
Nick Blakey

Last edited:
Information gleaned over lunch (from a reliable source):

Both Logan and Chad are extremely happy in Sydney & have formed strong social bonds. Neither has any inkling of “homesickness” - they’re loving the Harbour City.

Risk of “go home factor” is negligible.
I can back that up, from Logan's perspective anyway. I sat beside his granddad at the GF and he said exactly that, he loves Sydney life and loves the club and the mates he's made

Heading into 2023, there’s two names with contracts expiring that I’m anxious to see re-signed (quickly):

Stephens, D
Sheldrick, A

C’mon Swans, get it done.
Stephens is used to living away from home and Mildura is pretty far away from both Adelaide and Melbourne. Gus probably just wants to get some games before getting a new deal, either that or his extension isn't the normal 2 year one and is taking a while

loop spoilers GIF

With tassie being announced today and likely to enter the comp in 2028, I think it's fair to say clubs will try and lock their players so contacts don't expire in 2027.

Currently Tom McCartin is our only player who's contact express in 2027. Although you couldn't guarantee it,i think the risk of him leaving is low. Heeney and Papley the others to watch here as their contacts expire the year after and may be tempted into a trade with only a year to go on their contracts.

I don't imagine there will be many players who populate that 2027 list now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With tassie being announced today and likely to enter the comp in 2028, I think it's fair to say clubs will try and lock their players so contacts don't expire in 2027.

Currently Tom McCartin is our only player who's contact express in 2027. Although you couldn't guarantee it,i think the risk of him leaving is low. Heeney and Papley the others to watch here as their contacts expire the year after and may be tempted into a trade with only a year to go on their contracts.

I don't imagine there will be many players who populate that 2027 list now.
I think our backoffice will be raided more than the players.

I don't know which thread this observation was most appropriate in, but when I look at our all time list of games played, I'm still constantly struck at the fact I've seen 9 of the top 10 (Goodes, Bolton, McVeigh, MOL, ROK, JPK, Parker, Grundy and Jack) run out for us. It shows the durability as well as increased retention the club has seen over the last 25 years. It's an absolute credit to the club, and I'd be shocked if any other club (except newbies) had a similar recency weighting to us.

Swans Spreadsheet.

Just last year status. Fox and Buller are Rookies next year.

Maybe just me, but not great to have Parker, Lloyd and Rampe ending the same year although we tend to contract players past their due date.
edfa57d871b551841a2eac02e0536cee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Swans Spreadsheet.

Just last year status. Fox and Buller are Rookies next year.

Maybe just me, but not great to have Parker, Lloyd and Rampe ending the same year although we tend to contract players past their due date.
edfa57d871b551841a2eac02e0536cee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
I take it from the 6 Cat A rookies in the top group that Jack Buller is a listed player upon Franklin's retirement? Have I got that correct? No, I see I haven't.
And that Harry Arnold's position is still dependent on what happens with Paddy McCartin or if someone else is delisted to create a vacancy? He would have to be a rookie too if he was extended.
That would make three going into 2024 so out of HHK, Magor, McAndrew, Owen and Wicks three would need to be promoted or delisted to maintain a maximum of 6.
This stuff gives me a headache!

Last edited:
I take it from the 6 Cat A rookies in the top group that Jack Buller is a listed player upon Franklin's retirement? Have I got that correct? No, I see I haven't.
And that Harry Arnold's position is still dependent on what happens with Paddy McCartin or if someone else is delisted to create a vacancy? He would have to be a rookie too if he was extended.
That would make three going into 2024 so out of HHK, Magor, McAndrew, Owen and Wicks three would need to be promoted or delisted to maintain a maximum of 6.
This stuff gives me a headache!

We currently have 8 Cat A rookies - Arnold, Buller, Hall-Kahan, Magor, McAndrew, Owen, Wicks and Fox - due to two being added at the mid season draft to replace Inactive players on the senior list.

We can only have 6 Cat A rookies, so if we keep Arnold and Buller (and its assumed the Buller has had his contract extended by a year) then two Cat A spots need to be opened up somehow. That could be in delisting two Cat A's, promoting two to the senior list or a mix of the two. Our problem will be finding the space on the senior list for 3 draft picks, 2 promoted players and any traded in players from other clubs.

We currently have 8 Cat A rookies - Arnold, Buller, Hall-Kahan, Magor, McAndrew, Owen, Wicks and Fox - due to two being added at the mid season draft to replace Inactive players on the senior list.

We can only have 6 Cat A rookies, so if we keep Arnold and Buller (and its assumed the Buller has had his contract extended by a year) then two Cat A spots need to be opened up somehow. That could be in delisting two Cat A's, promoting two to the senior list or a mix of the two. Our problem will be finding the space on the senior list for 3 draft picks, 2 promoted players and any traded in players from other clubs.
If we keep Buller and Arnold (🤞) we could delist say Owen (for instance) and promote McAndrew and Wicks.
That would leave us with the 5 Rookies.
Buller
Arnold
HHK
Magor
Fox
Room for May perhaps?

If we keep Buller and Arnold (🤞) we could delist say Owen (for instance) and promote McAndrew and Wicks.
That would leave us with the 5 Rookies.
Buller
Arnold
HHK
Magor
Fox
Room for May perhaps?
Then we would need to trade/delist at least 4 up to 6 from the senior list to make room for ND and trades. Getting difficult.

If Arnold doesn’t debut this year, I’m not sure how he keeps a spot on the list.
To my eye eye he's looked good enough. He was our first pick before Buller so we obviously rate him. Gould must surely be leaving. Melican must be a question mark with his cheesy hamstrings. Edwards is a bigger unit but 2 or 3 years behind him. How does debuting play into that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back