Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [Herald Sun] LDU has parked contract talks with the club & is expected to command offers of more than $1m a season

Remove this Banner Ad

It may be the environment of the club. Wanting to work for a boss who you dont respect is hard for some people lol

This is all speculation BTW

No that's not true. It was the constant speculation about the future of the club and whether or not they would be paid. They certainly had to wait to get paid, however were pretty patient as I recall. As far as I am aware, they all eventually got paid, unlike St. Kilda in the 1980's, where some players and others had to accept 22.5 cents in the dollar when the club was broke.

No that's not true. It was the constant speculation about the future of the club and whether or not they would be paid. They certainly had to wait to get paid, however were pretty patient as I recall. As far as I am aware, they all eventually got paid, unlike St. Kilda in the 1980's, where some players and others had to accept 22.5 cents in the dollar when the club was broke.
My mates old man played for fitzroy, I’ll ask him about pays

He is more out than in right now.
The way its heading is that him putting off contract talks is a genuine move to seek a trade this year or exercise his rights through free agency.

Don't think many realise that what the club says to the members and what the club communicates to the players, it seems we just have to cop the rebuild stuff and to be patient.

He is genuinely gone if results don't turn. Think Dusty weighing up our offer in 2017 before Richmond got its s**t together and he stayed.

Unless we can show in the next 12 months we are on the right track, there is no reason for him to extend.

The supporters yelling like mad men on here are doing so because if LDU and Cam leave, were still going to be anchored to the bottom of the ladder regardless of compensation.

The way its heading is that him putting off contract talks is a genuine move to seek a trade this year or exercise his rights through free agency.

Don't think many realise that what the club says to the members and what the club communicates to the players, it seems we just have to cop the rebuild stuff and to be patient.

He is genuinely gone if results don't turn. Think Dusty weighing up our offer in 2017 before Richmond got its s**t together and he stayed.

Unless we can show in the next 12 months we are on the right track, there is no reason for him to extend.

The supporters yelling like mad men on here are doing so because if LDU and Cam leave, were still going to be anchored to the bottom of the ladder regardless of compensation.
We seem to be anchored to the bottom with them anyway.

If he's told you he's out then that's his choice and we move on.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Has he told you that directly?

The great man in action.

As usual, wrecked by the umpires. That decision against Michael Nettlefold.

Superboot nearly did it on his own. One of the great quarters of football.
Thanks for that, Horace.

I forget how great football was in the 80s and 90s. The skills were phenomenal.

Were them goal of the year clips all from the '83 season? Larks dodging and weaving through traffic in the pocket, Mitchells blistering pace, and 10 odd bounce goal. Insane football.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walked past the Hawthorn coaches box on Sunday. They literally had a board up with “LDU”, I assume tracking his influence. Clubs are putting an enormous amount of time into him. He’s our one wood and is getting very little help. Anyone that thinks we can afford to lose him need to f*kn educate themselves.

Yes we could because if he is the only good player on our team then shutting him down means we are finished.

Fatten him up and ship him out, he doesn't want to be there and if he stays, then we are relying on a player who isn't going to perform. Might as well rejig the board and find a new strategy moving forward that might actually turn things around.

Quite often, a big name player leaving forces the club to change and that often inadvertently turn things around.

Zurhaar and LDU both need to go as they are those 8 year players who are not performing at their peak level and the club is revolving around them to do so hence why we are in the ditch. Both of them had their run, they will never get to their potential at our club and if they stayed, they will turn into plodders.

Ship both players out for band 1 picks that we could trade for marquee players.

I imagine less than 3 wins will mean we haven't improved - which is the most likely scenario at this stage.

If he is out then we need to weigh up whether a trade in '24 will net us more than waiting until the first round compo pick in '25. If he is going to the Saints then it will need to be their first this year and next - assume around pick 6 this year and pick 10 the following. Rather than that pick 10 in '25 we should like to get a mature player.

I have no problem losing CZ to FA - he is not an important cog in the rebuild. But losing LDU is more important - not life and death - but he is a player we would like to keep.

Let him gone, we rely on him to lead but there is no support, he is the odd one out and even if he does stay long enough until the 2022 to 2026 crop gets good, he would still be the odd one out.

Him going would get us top picks in which we could trade for other more relevant players.

We need a few solid mature mids to take allow the 2022 to 2026 crop to mature a bit, it's that easy.

Having larkey, xerri, sheezal, simpkin signing until 2030 meaning player for life, we have the future locked away.

The big name players are not even the priority but it's to ensure the likes of taylor, powell, phillips, ford, curtis etc to develop and lock in. These support players are sometimes much more important.

Player managers leak like sieves. Everyone in the industry knows that. Some of it’s strategic and some of its because they all have big ego’s and love to get things out in the public.

LDU’s management aren’t going to make an official statement during the year saying their player wants out especially when he still has 18 months to run on an existing contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back