Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [Herald Sun] LDU has parked contract talks with the club & is expected to command offers of more than $1m a season

Remove this Banner Ad

He is more out than in right now.
The way its heading is that him putting off contract talks is a genuine move to seek a trade this year or exercise his rights through free agency.

Don't think many realise that what the club says to the members and what the club communicates to the players, it seems we just have to cop the rebuild stuff and to be patient.

He is genuinely gone if results don't turn. Think Dusty weighing up our offer in 2017 before Richmond got its s**t together and he stayed.

Unless we can show in the next 12 months we are on the right track, there is no reason for him to extend.

The supporters yelling like mad men on here are doing so because if LDU and Cam leave, were still going to be anchored to the bottom of the ladder regardless of compensation.

Richmond getting its s**t together was largely because of Dusty playing out of his skin.

Much better from LDU today, he earned his possessions at stoppages and got back to help the defense. If he keeps up that standard he can name his price. Powell and Phillips however...............

The great man in action.

As usual, wrecked by the umpires. That decision against Michael Nettlefold.

Superboot nearly did it on his own. One of the great quarters of football.

Any idea what this sport is called H? It has vague similarities to AFL football but it's better in every respect. I reckon it would be popular if there was a mainstream competition where it was played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much better from LDU today, he earned his possessions at stoppages and got back to help the defense. If he keeps up that standard he can name his price. Powell and Phillips however...............
For the 10th time today - Powell only had 5 cba's for 2 x centre clearances. He played forward all game and kicked a goal and set another up.

Why is he being s**t canned? He has made decent strides so far this season but obviously has a bit to work on defensively.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's close to tearing a game to shreds, and when he does, it'll be our best chance at pinching a game.

X - tap the ball and get the heck out of the way so our mids can go to work. End of.

His scruffy follow-up work is shitting me to tears tbh.

For the 10th time today - Powell only had 5 cba's for 2 x centre clearances. He played forward all game and kicked a goal and set another up.

Why is he being s**t canned? He has made decent strides so far this season but obviously has a bit to work on defensively.

Because Tom barely touched the footy. This was easily his worst game for the year. He was played mostly as a high half-forward and didn't provide an option or help in transition at all.

Because Tom barely touched the footy. This was easily his worst game for the year. He was played mostly as a high half-forward and didn't provide an option or help in transition at all.
When he's playing oop, it's hardly the time to sink the boots in for a bad game. The fact it only went i50 40 times and was ALL low quality ball is another reason...

When he's playing oop, it's hardly the time to sink the boots in for a bad game. The fact it only went i50 40 times and was ALL low quality ball is another reason...

Tom was playing mostly high half-forward, he wasn't sitting in the goal square waiting for someone to kick it to him. He should have been one of the players kicking it into the 50, but he barely touched it and didn't do this once. He had a bad game. Not sure why you need to make excuses for it.

The ball was run out of our forward line so hecken easily and he was one of the reasons...

That's the fist game I've seen since before my youngest kid was born and it was pretty poor.

Alot of campaigners just don't chase at all. I get what some of youse are whinging about now. Paul Curtis is a pretty shithouse runner but at least he tries unlike some of the better runners we have that just don't.

Adelaide were running thru the middle in numbers with no one doing anything about it. Honestly you don't see it properly on tv but as a result I just assumed it was players were gassed and unfit not that lazy. Stevens, Powell and even Scott (maybe, he did alot of running as well so maybe I'm being unfair,), they all look similar but it was all of them at one point, and they were just standing there as Adelaide players waltzed out of the backline with no one going with them or even trying. It was shithouse. They weren't the only ones tho. Adelaide were sitting off us too, waiting for a skill error or turnover about 30m out from goal and just set up for it. Curtis and Drury were the only players who worked hard from the forward line to stop Adelaide's run. Neither of them are as fast as some other players who didn't work hard.

It'd be almost worth putting Sheezel forward and telling him to play like he's in defense and its Adelaide's (or anyone we're playing lol) forward line. That's where we need to defend from. And we need someone else creative down there. Curtis is ok but it was a bit sad otherwise. Would have liked to have seen Eddie Ford's game if he'd played. Curtis was okay in the middle too. Someone like Jed Anderson would be really handy in the middle right now just as a bit of muscle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back