Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [Herald Sun] LDU has parked contract talks with the club & is expected to command offers of more than $1m a season

Remove this Banner Ad

If ldu was at another club and open to a move, what would we offer? Of course, we would go hard.
That $$ should be the offer from us to him to stay. He doesnt have to be perfect. How many a graders reach the open market? Not many.
For star players, Usually it works out that they take a bit less to stay if they are happy/wanted or leave for a lot more esp if salary cap issues. Its very unlikely someone will outbid us so he would really want to go if he leaves.

campaigners at work “ldu is leaving” … ****ing has 2 years essentially on a contract..

I said “this is the media street the club needs”

Supporters need to get pissed off. **** these weak campaigners

It's classic media weasel word play.

The sensible inference from Clark's words is that he could leave.

People then extrapolate that to mean he will actually leave.

A story built on sand.
It is. 💯 its click bait, footy hyperbole.. however, it could have an impact on the club which could mean they ****ing pull their heads in.

Do you mean Max Holmes type of gone?

The media was certain Max was gone because of his anger at the Club about the circumstances surrounding him missing a premiership because of injury.

So gone, he just signed a 4 year extension.
Was Max Holmes part of a side who has had 4 coaches in 7 years, won 19 of 85 games and 0-6 and will be lucky to win 2 games?

No he wasn’t, next.

It’s not. Look at Fitzroy of the early 90s. The Mastermind has brought up the list of players who left - Pert, Lynch, Roos, Blakey, Gale, Armstrong etc. different generation

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Because they weren't winning?

Won 9 games in 92 and 10 games in 93, I guess not qualifying for finals but i think it was more what Fitzroy could pay these players as opposed to other clubs.

Players leaving us now will still be paid about the same.

Its weak. Be part of the solution, don't run for the hills and says so much about their weak minds as to why we are struggling so badly.

Because they weren't winning?

Won 9 games in 92 and 10 games in 93, I guess not qualifying for finals but i think it was more what Fitzroy could pay these players as opposed to other clubs.

Players leaving us now will still be paid about the same.

Its weak. Be part of the solution, don't run for the hills and says so much about their weak minds as to why we are struggling so badly.

It may be the environment of the club. Wanting to work for a boss who you dont respect is hard for some people lol

This is all speculation BTW

Another factor at play here is that Willem Duursma is one of the favourites for the #1 pick in the 2025 pool.

The other consideration is Dyson Sharp.

I'm good friends with one of the VC u/16 coaches and his words to me last year when South Australia were absolutely annihilating VC in the u/16 champs were "Harley Reid 2.0".

In fact he went as far to say he's never seen a better 16 year old in his life and the SA underage coaches think he's a few levels above even JHF was and the best SA prospect they've seen in the modern draft system.

These all have to be considered when factoring compo vs a 2024 trade or else if Sharp and Duursma turn into absolutely top line prospects and we've bent into trading LDU for pick 9 and a future pick 20, when we could have landed one via FA compo..... the media furnace will be even higher.
Oh nahh, he is being held until FA period. There is not a ****ing chance in hell he is walking from his contract.

Another factor at play here is that Willem Duursma is one of the favourites for the #1 pick in the 2025 pool.

The other consideration is Dyson Sharp.

I'm good friends with one of the VC u/16 coaches and his words to me last year when South Australia were absolutely annihilating VC in the u/16 champs were "Harley Reid 2.0".

In fact he went as far to say he's never seen a better 16 year old in his life and the SA underage coaches think he's a few levels above even JHF was and the best SA prospect they've seen in the modern draft system.

These all have to be considered when factoring compo vs a 2024 trade or else if Sharp and Duursma turn into absolutely top line prospects and we've bent into trading LDU for pick 9 and a future pick 20, when we could have landed one via FA compo..... the media furnace will be even higher.
You just know we will magically scrape into 16th and miss em both. Mean while the Crows or Port end up with pick 1 from a "down year"....nothin to see here

We are kidding ourselves if we think letting LDU go is not going to a ****ing disaster for our club

It will just start a domino effect. Why the hell should you stay in this garbage environment if LDU isn't?

Something is VERY wrong at our club and we as fans have no idea, we've had zero communication about the feeling around the club, its all "we are so engaged and the feeling around the club is still great" **** off Clarko and the rest of yah.

There is no way in hell, that 90% of our players don't even look like they wanna be out there., are engaged and have a good feeling about putting respect to the jumper we all love. And leaving and jumping ship isnt going to prove anything and only damage our club even further. "stuff him if he wants to be a sook, he can leave" we got no idea what is going on for him to look to leave. None.

Him and TT would be absolute GUNS in a decent club, run by a proper administration etc etc etc you watch.

This is only going to be a negative for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

Don’t think he has ever had the commitment and desire to be a top liner, a leader or a North legend. It’s what us fans generally expect from a top 5 pick. Not with LDU unfortunately. Stupid us. Whether it’s his own introverted nature or our shitness he simply looks like he’s coasting and happy to be collecting a pay cheque. Footy probably doesn’t mean too much for him. Slowly joining the long list of never getting the best out of themselves list at North. Here is a perfect opportunity for him to show some true leadership at a time when the club is on it’s absolute knees and sign up, but instead he’ll be ******* us around for the next few months trying to squeeze every cent out of the club whilst feeling sorry for himself and going through the motions out on the field like he has been so far.
Being introverted has nothing to do with killer instinct.

Jordan, Woods, Bird, Beckham just a very short list of players to ascend to be the greatest in their sport for a while.

Being outgoing and using your voice vs being timid and quiet is probably what you want to critiquing.

I’m sorry, maybe Goldie gets a pass after 18 seasons at North and then pissing off to the Bombers.

But someone entering their prime chasing success at another club should paint them as none other than a mercenary.

What did he expect going top 5 in the draft? Not every club can be a Gold Coast, Sydney, Geelong, Collingwood, Bulldogs and remain competitive while working the system repeatedly to get elite talent.

The greatest players in team sport where there is an equalisation measure in place are regarded so because they stuck fat with a sh*t team to make it great.

This generation…

Last edited:
campaigners at work “ldu is leaving” … ******* has 2 years essentially on a contract..

I said “this is the media street the club needs”

Supporters need to get pissed off. * these weak campaigners
Haven’t you heard: contracts aren’t worth the paper they are written on these days.

How is it possible (outside of bereavement/illness) any club or player can break a contract and ask for a trade? When actually did this happen?

I’m sorry, maybe Goldie gets a pass after 18 seasons at North and then pissing off to the Bombers.

But someone entering their prime chasing success at another club should paint them as none other than a mercenary.

What did he expect going top 5 in the draft? Not every club can be a Gold Coast, Sydney, Geelong, Collingwood, Bulldogs and remain competitive while working the system repeatedly to get elite talent.

The greatest players in team sport where there is an equalisation measure in place are regarded so because they stuck fat with a sh*t team to make it great.

This generation…

This isn't a serious post is it?

What did he expect going top 5 in the draft? Not every club can get a Gold Coast, Sydney, Geelong, Collingwood, Bulldogs.

This generation…

You know this is his 7th season right? Will be 8 at the conclusion of next season, and you'd think nearly a decade is more than a reasonable timeframe to expect the club you got drafted to to go from the bottom back to contending again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back