Player Watch #6: Caleb Windsor – the kid just has 'it'

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it strange you keep coming back to this.

I also find it strange people are comparing handpasses of Windsor and Hunt. Every handpass looks the damn same unless you wear a Dees jumper in which by law it needs to go to your targets feet. (Or throw the ball in bulldogs case).

1. Windsor and Hunt both run fast
  2. Windsor and Hunt both play wing
  3. Windsor and Hunt both have good defensive running
  4. Windsor and Hunt both break lines
  5. Windsor and Hunt can both roost a goal from 50 out
  6. Windsor and Hunt both miss targets / team mates regularily by foot
  7. Windsor and Hunt both don’t solve our gaping hole in next generation inside mids/KPP on our list
  8. Windsor and Hunt both struggle to rack up 20+ disposals a match

Yes Windsor may develop into a better player than Hunt long term, he wasn’t worth throwing all our eggs in for when we already had a plethora of wingmen or blokes capable of playing wing on our list - Langdon/Hunter/Brawshaw/Billings/Howes/Woewodin/Salem/Tomlinson

Meanwhile we are looking to rely on Sparrow and Laurie to lead the way in the guts and blokes like with Jed Adams needing to carry our D50 in a few years.
Where the hell did this Windsor compared to Hunt thing start? They are both quick, that's where the comparison should end. Nothing alike. Their running patters aren't even the same. Don't even play sane or similar roles. Windsor looks much more composed and much more damaging. Hunt was one of the most frustrating players we've had in recent times. Had 1 quite promising season then never lived up to what we'd hoped. That's why he's currently on arguably the worst list we've seen in years

I find it strange you keep coming back to this.

I also find it strange people are comparing handpasses of Windsor and Hunt. Every handpass looks the damn same unless you wear a Dees jumper in which by law it needs to go to your targets feet. (Or throw the ball in bulldogs case).

1. Windsor and Hunt both run fast
  2. Windsor and Hunt both play wing
  3. Windsor and Hunt both have good defensive running
  4. Windsor and Hunt both break lines
  5. Windsor and Hunt can both roost a goal from 50 out
  6. Windsor and Hunt both miss targets / team mates regularily by foot
  7. Windsor and Hunt both don’t solve our gaping hole in next generation inside mids/KPP on our list
  8. Windsor and Hunt both struggle to rack up 20+ disposals a match

Yes Windsor may develop into a better player than Hunt long term, he wasn’t worth throwing all our eggs in for when we already had a plethora of wingmen or blokes capable of playing wing on our list - Langdon/Hunter/Brawshaw/Billings/Howes/Woewodin/Salem/Tomlinson

Meanwhile we are looking to rely on Sparrow and Laurie to lead the way in the guts and blokes like with Jed Adams needing to carry our D50 in a few years.

Both Windsor and Hunt don't solve our need for new inside mids soon or a KPP now?

THE 4TH GAMER HAS STRUGGLED TO GET 20 POSSESSIONS SO FAR?!

1898110_681895081868777_1257543082_n_zps14f2d7d5.png

Is there a way mods can auto-deny any posts in this thread that mention the word 'Hunt'....

season 14 episode 13 GIF

He also picked Jefferson and Laurie :p
But seriously, Windsor looks decent but the comparisons with Hunt are justified. Both have speed, both have question marks over their foot skills, both play an outside role. Windsor a bit more composure with the ball. People hating on Hunt for some weird reason. The guy is going to play almost 200 games from pick 57 in the draft.
Weren't you really hot on Jefferson in his draft year? :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love that we draw the line here on BF over Windsor and Hunt comparisons and not drugs rumours. This is how forums are supposed to work.

Love that we draw the line here on BF over Windsor and Hunt comparisons and not drugs rumours. This is how forums are supposed to work.
Did you miss the shitshow I had to deal with in the Oliver thread over summer? Lol

Poor Jeffo.

danster said he'd be out-performing our other key forwards in his first year and he's already dropped him.

danster zero loyalty to his boys.

I'll never forget when Danster said that Jeffo was going to be more physically equipped to play senior football in round 1 of his draft year than Ben Brown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back