Player Watch #6: Caleb Windsor – the kid just has 'it'

Remove this Banner Ad

Both Hunt and Frost are ahead of Windsor at the moment so I'm not sure what your point is. Frost was actually really good yday vs the Cats and Hunt had a great season last season and came 4th in the BnF, yes for West Coast, but 4th is still 4th.
Nah means nothing, Dean Terlich came third in our BNF one year and was a terrible player.

Ryan Crowley winning Freo's best and fairest over Pavlich and McPharlin one year

Daniel Jackson winning Richmond's BNF over Martin, Cotchin, Deledio and Rance one year.

Club bnfs are often weird, every team does it a bit differently.

I still don't get the comparison other than speed?

Hunt ran fast in straight lines, but had no agility. He also made bad decisions and had average disposal by hand

Windsor runs fast, but also has agility. He makes good decisions and has excellent disposal by hand.

It's an absolutely ******* stupid comparison to begin with.

I still don't get the comparison other than speed?

Hunt ran fast in straight lines, but had no agility. He also made bad decisions and had average disposal by hand

Windsor runs fast, but also has agility. He makes good decisions and has excellent disposal by hand.

It's an absolutely ******* stupid comparison to begin with.
100%.

And unless valid comparisons can be made aside from "skinny guy runs fast weeeeee", further posts on the topic will be removed as it's just turning into boring drivel that derails the thread.

100%.

And unless valid comparisons can be made aside from "skinny guy runs fast weeeeee", further posts on the topic will be removed as it's just turning into boring drivel that derails the thread.
Yeah but Goodes and Kozzy are the same player.

Ryan Crowley winning Freo's best and fairest over Pavlich and McPharlin one year

Daniel Jackson winning Richmond's BNF over Martin, Cotchin, Deledio and Rance one year.

Club bnfs are often weird, every team does it a bit differently.
I do agree. But Hunt had a good year last year. a very good year. Playing in a terrible team and he was a consistent performer. Worked hard both ways, was decent by foot and broke the lines.

I do agree. But Hunt had a good year last year. a very good year. Playing in a terrible team and he was a consistent performer. Worked hard both ways, was decent by foot and broke the lines.
That's fine. He and Windsor are still nothing alike. Also a bit silly to talk about him being ahead of Windsor in that way. Comparing a 4 game 18 year old to a bloke in the prime of his career. It's like saying Rory Lobb is ahead of Jed Walter, like it might be true but which one would you rather have on your list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's fine. He and Windsor are still nothing alike. Also a bit silly to talk about him being ahead of Windsor in that way. Comparing a 4 game 18 year old to a bloke in the prime of his career. It's like saying Rory Lobb is ahead of Jed Walter, like it might be true but which one would you rather have on your list?
I totally agree. But when people are comparing him to Judd and giving him votes etc. then I think it's fair to remind them that he's just an 18 year old who averages 14 touches a game. A guy who is a fringe player (at the moment), has been subbed out of a game and will likely be the sub again a couple more times this season I'd imagine. He'll be a good player. in time. As will Tholstrup who I think will be even better.

I totally agree. But when people are comparing him to Judd and giving him votes etc. then I think it's fair to remind them that he's just an 18 year old who averages 14 touches a game. A guy who is a fringe player (at the moment), has been subbed out of a game and will likely be the sub again a couple more times this season I'd imagine. He'll be a good player. in time. As will Tholstrup who I think will be even better.
It's hardly new to get excited about what a young prospect could be. Just look at the coverage of Harley Reid.

Youre the last guy who should be judging young talent given you said Jefferson was better than Cadman after you made a big deal about watching all their games in person at the championships, claiming no one else had a clue on here coz they didnt attend games. ******* terrible recruiting eye.

Understandable why Dan quotes and leans on stats all the time isnt it. Coz he hasn't a clue when it comes to watching games.

Understandable why Dan quotes and leans on stats all the time isnt it. Coz he hasn't a clue when it comes to watching games.

Couple of classics. Complains about people accusing of hyperbole then calls Trac the worst kick at goal in the AFL

Then proceeds to demand people give 18 year old Jeffo a chance while slamming Windsor.

People like throwing away trendy words like hyperbole and troll and don't even know what it means. All I said was that petracca is probably the worst shot in the afl. And we crunched the stats that supported this. And Crustydemon was actually talking about it and providing some sort of analysis instead of just throwing grenades at every post.

We draft an 18 year old Jefferson and several guys have already called him a bust and yet you call me the troll? But yeah sure.

Jefferson will be a gun and hopefully our next years first rounder too but Jackson was never going to be a forward.

Good enough to play in his first season! WOW

Screenshot_20240401_193750_Chrome.jpg

Both Hunt and Frost are ahead of Windsor at the moment so I'm not sure what your point is. Frost was actually really good yday vs the Cats and Hunt had a great season last season and came 4th in the BnF, yes for West Coast, but 4th is still 4th.
Windsor can kick. Frost and Hunt can't. I know which player I'd prefer.

I find it strange you keep coming back to this.

I also find it strange people are comparing handpasses of Windsor and Hunt. Every handpass looks the damn same unless you wear a Dees jumper in which by law it needs to go to your targets feet. (Or throw the ball in bulldogs case).

1. Windsor and Hunt both run fast
  2. Windsor and Hunt both play wing
  3. Windsor and Hunt both have good defensive running
  4. Windsor and Hunt both break lines
  5. Windsor and Hunt can both roost a goal from 50 out
  6. Windsor and Hunt both miss targets / team mates regularily by foot
  7. Windsor and Hunt both don’t solve our gaping hole in next generation inside mids/KPP on our list
  8. Windsor and Hunt both struggle to rack up 20+ disposals a match

Yes Windsor may develop into a better player than Hunt long term, he wasn’t worth throwing all our eggs in for when we already had a plethora of wingmen or blokes capable of playing wing on our list - Langdon/Hunt/Brawshaw/Billings/Howes/Woewodin/Salem
Some of these are some of the most useless points ever made in bigfooty history. Congrats 👏

Windsor struggling to get 20 disposal 4 games into his career what a beaut.

Windsor not a KPP forward 😂 what a campaigner of a bloke

Hunt almost never played wing for Melbourne, he was HBF and small forward so congrats on making s**t up

Windsor already has 4 goal assists, that would be hunts 3rd best ever season for goal assists and only 3 away from being his second best every GA seasons.
Windsors played 4 ******* games 😂

Neither are inside mids 😂 no s**t Sherlock, we've got an inside called sparrow locked to the HFF struggling because we are loaded their. Imagine how dumb wed be to spend a high pick on one

Jayden Hunt has absolutely no composure in traffic, Windsor has alot of composure in traffic.

Hitching a hate wagon to an 18 year old is honestly one of the stupidest things I've ever seen on this forum.

Salems never played wing, Brayshaws retired, Hunts gone and didn't play wing for us at any decent level, billings is a HFF, Howes is playing in the back line

May aswell include Fullerton, Sparrow, Adams

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back