Player Watch #6: Caleb Windsor – the kid just has 'it'

Remove this Banner Ad

Checking in with the beloved BF neutrals to see if I'm being OTT with Windsor (I'm not)

Windsor is a stud. Scary prospect for them.
Caleb Windsor just has 'it'
Windsor a rising star chance ? ( good Lysterfield Wolves lad)
Good so far. Lightning fast.
Windsor moves so smoothly that it's hard not to think of another champion demon winger when you watch him play.
Windsor is a player!
Windsor is a classy player.
Chandler is another Dees young gun along with Windsor.
That new number 6 for Melb looks good. Windsor
Windsor looks the goods too.
Caleb Windsor looks quality.
Windsor is so clean and uses the ball so well . No wonder he went pick 6.
Windsor worth a flutter for the rising star.

I said to get on Windsor (and Wardlaw) 2 weeks ago at $15, into $13 now, im sure he'll come in more on the back of tonight also

Re: Rising star... Reid has been fine, but there is a fair difference between he and Wardlaw from what ive seen over these two rounds (to be expected as GW is a second year player) Prices are: Reid 3.50 Wardlaw 4 McKerecher 5 Sanders 5 Walter 13 Windsor 15. Think the value is in Wardlaw and Windsor, Wardlaw should be clear fav imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that Kingy, who probably puts as much time into his analysis as any media expert, said this morning that Windsor looks as talented as any player in his draft so far.

He must've missed all the errors some on here have astutely picked up on.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah but when Kingy said he was a fan of him I did have to consider that I might actually hate Windsor now

See, Kingy gets it..

King singled out draftee Caleb Windsor as one player who has come in and made the Demons stronger in 2024.

The 18-year-old put in another tireless shift on the wing, picking up 16 disposals to continue his strong start to his debut season.

“This kid Caleb Windsor has come in. I think right now, Windsor at Pick 7 has been one of the great selections,” he added.

“We’re only a month in, it’s very early, but he looks like he could have been a Pick 2 or 3.”

See, Kingy gets it..

King singled out draftee Caleb Windsor as one player who has come in and made the Demons stronger in 2024.

The 18-year-old put in another tireless shift on the wing, picking up 16 disposals to continue his strong start to his debut season.

“This kid Caleb Windsor has come in. I think right now, Windsor at Pick 7 has been one of the great selections,” he added.

“We’re only a month in, it’s very early, but he looks like he could have been a Pick 2 or 3.”
Dont use Karen King as proof of my favourite players being good. Ill start questioning myself.

Dont use Karen King as proof of my favourite players being good. Ill start questioning myself.
b1 GIF

Just shows you that it's still hard to tell with 18 year olds. It also helps when these high picks go to established teams rather than rebuilding teams. There was just no expectation on Windsor to impact so early on. Another example of a good pick going to an established team was Selwood (also pick 7) when Geelong had one bad year but were already a good team. I'm not saying he was the missing piece, just saying he wouldn'thave had the same first year had he gone to Carlton or a bottom team.

The comparison to a certain other Melbourne winger…can we kick JVR out of the 2?
... actually, I think he reminds me of Stan Alves... maybe Langers number coming up soon enough.

He's not in the Flower class just yet.

While were on numbers, How about giving the number 31 to Mr Petracca... much much more like the Barassi styled game; than an outside type wearing it.

Just shows you that it's still hard to tell with 18 year olds. It also helps when these high picks go to established teams rather than rebuilding teams. There was just no expectation on Windsor to impact so early on. Another example of a good pick going to an established team was Selwood (also pick 7) when Geelong had one bad year but were already a good team. I'm not saying he was the missing piece, just saying he wouldn'thave had the same first year had he gone to Carlton or a bottom team.
I agree with everything your saying but that's probably a bad example lol reckon Selwood was a bit Nathan Jonesy in that he has a great career anywhere. Bloke clearly motivated himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back