Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 18: Insert your ideas here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Just LOL.

Once again, it’s all just negative transference from you. You have nothing constructive to say about anything.

It seems you embody MAGA, just hatred of “the other side”. You have no ideals of how you want the world to be, or seemingly able to have a good faith debate.

Give us something, how do you want American politics to go?

Who did you want to be the GOP nominee?

Do you think Trump is a less bad option than Biden? If so, why?

This from the side that thinks anyone who voted for Trump 'Is a bad person'

You’ve created this strawman argument claiming all conservatives are victims.

I know how Trump came to be popular, comes down to both parties being beholden to donors from about the late 70s onwards. However I beleive Trump is a case of the cure being worse than the disease.

Only positive of trump would be if the system is destroyed as it was and something better (more democratic without donor money having 95% of politicians brought and sold). If Trump and his enablers get what they want, you will see creeping authoritarianism.

See that is my view, now if you disagree, explain why you disagree.

Arizona’s SC legitimately swinging the election.

Democrats now favourites for the first time.

Religious conservative nutjobs - thanks I guess?

He went to jail because he lied on the size trumps apartment in legal documents ironically The civil trial goes back to criminal campaign finance trial starting monday ( unless trump gets a hail mary ) . Michael cohen made allegations in the congress saying trump et al lied about bank and insurance applications

Lol . No butthead so laura can direct rnc to pay for her father in laws massive self inflicted legal bills

Last edited:
Maybe he can share a cell a share with allan and pete (navarro for you russian bots )

Once again, it’s all just negative transference from you. You have nothing constructive to say about anything.

It seems you embody MAGA, just hatred of “the other side”. You have no ideals of how you want the world to be, or seemingly able to have a good faith debate.

Give us something, how do you want American politics to go?

Who did you want to be the GOP nominee?

Do you think Trump is a less bad option than Biden? If so, why?
So much projection in the first two sentences. This thread isn't constructive at all. You're only allowed to say Trump is bad otherwise you're a Trump fanboi. There is no room for anything in between. Not sure how that is constructive

And I don't hate the other side. Majority of my friends are Labour. I happily debate them, not just hate them as seems to be politics in this day an age. I also think MAGA is just a really dumb term used to turn what should be a positive 'Make America Great Again' into a term used to demonise people. I think it is akin to 'deplorables' and only solidifies voters behind Trump, not push people to vote against him. The reason Trump remains popular despite all his cases etc is because the Dems aren't welcoming voters that have voted Trump before back. They have made it clear that if you voted for Trump you are a bad person and we don't want anything to do with you. Not a good ploy in my opinion. It's why more voters are moving to RFK than to the Dems.

I would probably choose DeSantis out of those that primaried. Another one demonised by Dems but he won Florida with a very small margin but Florida is now out of play and is solid red. Floridians obviously like the way he governs. My concern with him is he might just be a too good for the minors but might struggle in the majors. I don't think the pool on either side is very strong.

Finally I do see Trump as a necessary evil over Biden. Despite all his rhetoric I find him to be a very divisive POTUS. You can say that about Trump as well, the difference I see is that Biden and the Dems attack whole swathes of voters by calling them MAGA, alt-right etc. but Trump only ever attacks individuals not a whole voting bloc. He welcomes voters from the other side, whereas I think Biden doesn't. He needs a divided American to win.

I also think a Government should first and foremost put their own citizens first. I don't think Biden does this. The first bit of his SOTU speech was about Ukraine. He then spent the rest attacking his predecessor. The Jo Biden of the 80s and 90s sounded a lot like Trump and many of the issue he pushes now he objected to and vice versa. For this reason I don't think he is is charge at all and I'm not keen on the student politician graduates that appear to be running the show. He's also too old, not at all statesman-like and is making the US weaker on the world stage.

Not sure why I bothered to type all this out. You'll all just find one word or sentence to attack me as MAGA or a Trump fanboi. Have at it.

You’ve created this strawman argument claiming all conservatives are victims.

I know how Trump came to be popular, comes down to both parties being beholden to donors from about the late 70s onwards. However I beleive Trump is a case of the cure being worse than the disease.

Only positive of trump would be if the system is destroyed as it was and something better (more democratic without donor money having 95% of politicians brought and sold). If Trump and his enablers get what they want, you will see creeping authoritarianism.

See that is my view, now if you disagree, explain why you disagree.
You all keep saying this but I don't think I'm a victim. I don't like a lot of the ways this board and site are run but I'm hardly a victim. I just believe in fairness.

I agree that donor money in the US is out of control but there is very little chance of it ever changing.

8039dec31152d4c7819cfada330ea83d.jpg

Trumps cfo going to be sentenced for perjury today from the civil case . He may go to jail for second time for doing dirty deeds for Trump .
Revolving door prisons!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...I also think MAGA is just a really dumb term used to turn what should be a positive 'Make America Great Again' into a term used to demonise people.
So much to unpack from that post but the above is just silly.

It was Trump and his crew that coined the term 'MAGA', and it is the actions of him and his supporters that turned MAGA into both a noun and also an adjective - as to whether that adjective is taken as being complementary or derogatory depends on what you think of the MAGA movement, what they say, what they stand for, what they justify, what they want.

Basically it is like "smurf"...it can mean what you want. If you hear the term 'MAGA' and interpret that as a slur used to demonise those that wear the red hat then maybe there is hope for you yet, and so I will stop short of saying you are such a MAGA MAGA.

So much projection in the first two sentences. This thread isn't constructive at all. You're only allowed to say Trump is bad otherwise you're a Trump fanboi. There is no room for anything in between. Not sure how that is constructive

And I don't hate the other side. Majority of my friends are Labour. I happily debate them, not just hate them as seems to be politics in this day an age. I also think MAGA is just a really dumb term used to turn what should be a positive 'Make America Great Again' into a term used to demonise people. I think it is akin to 'deplorables' and only solidifies voters behind Trump, not push people to vote against him. The reason Trump remains popular despite all his cases etc is because the Dems aren't welcoming voters that have voted Trump before back. They have made it clear that if you voted for Trump you are a bad person and we don't want anything to do with you. Not a good ploy in my opinion. It's why more voters are moving to RFK than to the Dems.

I would probably choose DeSantis out of those that primaried. Another one demonised by Dems but he won Florida with a very small margin but Florida is now out of play and is solid red. Floridians obviously like the way he governs. My concern with him is he might just be a too good for the minors but might struggle in the majors. I don't think the pool on either side is very strong.

Finally I do see Trump as a necessary evil over Biden. Despite all his rhetoric I find him to be a very divisive POTUS. You can say that about Trump as well, the difference I see is that Biden and the Dems attack whole swathes of voters by calling them MAGA, alt-right etc. but Trump only ever attacks individuals not a whole voting bloc. He welcomes voters from the other side, whereas I think Biden doesn't. He needs a divided American to win.

I also think a Government should first and foremost put their own citizens first. I don't think Biden does this. The first bit of his SOTU speech was about Ukraine. He then spent the rest attacking his predecessor. The Jo Biden of the 80s and 90s sounded a lot like Trump and many of the issue he pushes now he objected to and vice versa. For this reason I don't think he is is charge at all and I'm not keen on the student politician graduates that appear to be running the show. He's also too old, not at all statesman-like and is making the US weaker on the world stage.

Not sure why I bothered to type all this out. You'll all just find one word or sentence to attack me as MAGA or a Trump fanboi. Have at it.
How, pray tell, does Trump put his own citizens first?
I am baffled.
He cares for his country, not himself? It is the opposite.
What is this ‘great country’ he will make?
He will make it great for billionaire capitalists, for his Zoligarchy, he won’t make it better for the underprivelidged or for women?
What is this Nirvana he will create?
A country that has no soul?
At least you have partly owned up that you think Trump would be a better choice for President which says everything.
So you can stop with the both sideism now at least.
I’m sure there is an I hate Biden, I love Trump thread somewhere for you.

Last edited:
He finds the ‘Make America White Again’ credo to be positive and inclusive. Says it all.
That you think it means Make America White Again says everything about you.

Trump continues to increase his vote amongst non-white groups yet supposedly he is the most racist POTUS in history. Something doesn't add up.
Here is Trump at a Chick-Fil-A today. You'd think if his platform was based on get rid of coloured folk he wouldn't get this kind of welcome.

Care to explain the obvious disconnect.

Meanwhile he's some scripted pandering by Biden.

Well we can have a proper debate about things now, I will disagree with a lot of that but now you at least have a position on things we can discuss.

Re DeSantis, if there was no Trump it could be different for him, he seems a bit of a charisma black hole though.

I will disagree with Biden is more divisive than Trump, Trump literally wanted to overthrow an election and uses violent rhetoric about anyone he considers his enemy. He also attacks minorities as a group.

Biden is fairly benign really, I’d like a Sanders type but we have what we have. I hate his stance on Israel (not that the GOPs is any better).

I agree with Biden attacking the MAGA crowd, them being defined as the ones who are like Bannon, Miller etc who are basically done with democracy and like what is happening in Hungary and Russia. I don’t believe being tolerant of intolerance is necessary.

The thing is a lot of people who vote for Trump want the same thing as a lot of democrat voters, things like actual proper taxing of the rich, cut down the loopholes, higher minimum wage, universal health care, paid parental leave etc.

Problem is the dems are beholden to their donors so more like to make noise about doing something on those things then pretending those damn republicans won’t let them.

That you think it means Make America White Again says everything about you.

Trump continues to increase his vote amongst non-white groups yet supposedly he is the most racist POTUS in history. Something doesn't add up.
Here is Trump at a Chick-Fil-A today. You'd think if his platform was based on get rid of coloured folk he wouldn't get this kind of welcome.

Care to explain the obvious disconnect.

Meanwhile he's some scripted pandering by Biden.

Trump doesn’t really care about any ideology except him being in power, and will use whoever is necessary to make that happen.

Problem is that includes literal nazis like Steve Miller, and other white supremacist groups and general racists and bigots. He did enact a Muslim ban when he got elected too, so he isn’t the bastion of inclusivity.

Also the evangelicals too, who hate anyone of a different religion, sexuality etc.

How, pray tell, does Trump put his own citizens first?
I am baffled.
He cares for his country, not himself?
At least you have partly owned up that you think Trump would be a better choice for President which says everything.
So you can stop with the both sideism now at least.
I’m sure there is an I hate Biden, I love Trump thread somewhere for you.
I can see why you're baffled. As expected you have misinterpreted my entire post, as predicted.

Where did I say I was both sides? I just said I wasn't for Trump running again. I am still conservative at heart as I'm guessing you are liberal.

Only took a few posts for the narrow-minded 'You love Trump' to emerge. This thread is about Trump. Why can't it be a mixture of people who like or dislike Trump or a discussion amongst those that are conservative and liberal more generally? You act like this a teams board. Wonder if this is what Chief's posts about the opposition posting on team's boards was actually about.

Trump doesn’t really care about any ideology except him being in power, and will use whoever is necessary to make that happen.

Problem is that includes literal nazis like Steve Miller, and other white supremacist groups and general racists and bigots. He did enact a Muslim ban when he got elected too, so he isn’t the bastion of inclusivity.

Also the evangelicals too, who hate anyone of a different religion, sexuality etc.

Well we can have a proper debate about things now, I will disagree with a lot of that but now you at least have a position on things we can discuss.

Re DeSantis, if there was no Trump it could be different for him, he seems a bit of a charisma black hole though.

I will disagree with Biden is more divisive than Trump, Trump literally wanted to overthrow an election and uses violent rhetoric about anyone he considers his enemy. He also attacks minorities as a group.

Biden is fairly benign really, I’d like a Sanders type but we have what we have. I hate his stance on Israel (not that the GOPs is any better).

I agree with Biden attacking the MAGA crowd, them being defined as the ones who are like Bannon, Miller etc who are basically done with democracy and like what is happening in Hungary and Russia. I don’t believe being tolerant of intolerance is necessary.

The thing is a lot of people who vote for Trump want the same thing as a lot of democrat voters, things like actual proper taxing of the rich, cut down the loopholes, higher minimum wage, universal health care, paid parental leave etc.

Problem is the dems are beholden to their donors so more like to make noise about doing something on those things then pretending those damn republicans won’t let them.
Well I agree with your last sentence. They have already tried this trick re the border. Biden has executive powers to make change at the border and in most cases the law is already there. It's just not being followed. Rather than using his powers it was easier for him to attack Republicans for not signing a bill.

I can see why you're baffled. As expected you have misinterpreted my entire post, as predicted.

Where did I say I was both sides? I just said I wasn't for Trump running again. I am still conservative at heart as I'm guessing you are liberal.

Only took a few posts for the narrow-minded 'You love Trump' to emerge. This thread is about Trump. Why can't it be a mixture of people who like or dislike Trump or a discussion amongst those that are conservative and liberal more generally? You act like this a teams board. Wonder if this is what Chief's posts about the opposition posting on team's boards was actually about.
Because at least I am honest. You hide behind this ‘ both are bad’ but only post anti Biden stuff or pro Trump stuff like you just did iwith Non Whites for Trump.

Because at least I am honest. You hide behind this ‘ both are bad’ but only post anti Biden stuff or pro Trump stuff like you just did iwith Non Whites for Trump.
I'm not hiding behind anything. They are both appalling candidates. Do you not think so? Why does that mean I can't choose a side.
You just don't like to have anyone in here with an opposing opinion. Trump is bad. End of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back