Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 18: Insert your ideas here!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not hiding behind anything. They are both appalling candidates. Do you not think so? Why does that mean I can't choose a side.
You just don't like to have anyone in here with an opposing opinion. Trump is bad. End of.
We might believe the "both appalling candidates" thing if you posted stuff critical of Trump other than "I don't want him to run". As much as I disagree with spinynorman he does post stuff critical of Trump and Biden.

You just seem to run in and defend Trump whenever anyone criticises him or makes fun of him (probably 90% of the posts in here).

The majority of posters here would not vote for Biden if he was running in Australia but recognise he is the least appalling candidate in the US. They more oppose Trump rather than support Biden.

Last edited:
Like many of the 'conservatives' here, chappy knows that it's not a good look to be a Trump supporter because the man is a thoroughly putrid human.

But his posting history is full of Trump support views. No teargas, election was stolen, antivax, Jan6 wasn't bad (except for the "murder" of the cooker who made a fatally cooked decision), Trump is a billionaire, etc. etc.

They state that they don't take a side, repeat the widely acknowledged view that both candidates are poor, but conclude that Trump is better 'on balance'. Which would be fine but they can never explain what are the positive points of Trump that tip the balance. Opening themselves to the interpretation that what they really like is the "owning libs" aspect of Trump, and are happy to accept the abject dishonesty, sexism, racism, and self- absorbed narcissism that accompanies it.

We might believe the "both appalling candidates" thing if you posted stuff critical of Trump other than "I don't want him to run". As much as I disagree with spinynorman he does post stuff critical of Trump and Biden.

You just seem to run in and defend Trump whenever anyone criticises him or makes fun of him (probably 90% of the posts in here).

The majority of posters here would not vote for Biden if he was running in Australia but recognise he is the least appealing candidate in the US. They more oppose Trump rather than support Biden.
At this present time Trump is just a candidate. He has no control over the direction of the US. Biden does, hence the criticism being directed at him.

I'm sure there will be decisions Trump makes if he gets into power that I will criticise.

You're just upset that I'm not a nodding head in this thread which is why you're acting like I'm an opposition supporter on a teams board.

At this present time Trump is just a candidate. He has no control over the direction of the US. Biden does, hence the criticism being directed at him.

I'm sure there will be decisions Trump makes if he gets into power that I will criticise.

You're just upset that I'm not a nodding head in this thread which is why you're acting like I'm an opposition supporter on a teams board.
Oh come on…Trump is controlling the GOP House right now, blocking Ukraine Aid, scuttling the border bill.
Perhaps you could comment on that and what he did and didn’t do during his 4years as POTUS. There is plenty you could comment on.
Stop pretending he hasn’t shown you who
he is.

Your arguments are so weak.

Oh come on…Trump is controlling the GOP House right now, blocking Ukraine Aid, scuttling the border bill.
Perhaps you could comment on that and what he did and didn’t do during his 4years as POTUS. There is plenty you could comment on.
Stop pretending he hasn’t shown you who
he is.

Your arguments are so weak.
He already explained the border bill is not Trump's fault, it is Biden's fault that a bipartisan bill that key Republicans helped draft, which would have implemented the border measures the Republicans want, was rejected by the Republicans.

Of course if Biden had actually used exec powers to implement it, it would be "Biden refused to work with the Republicans, this could have just been a bipartisan bill and the Republicans would have supported it"

He could choose to blame Biden for what really happened - he snookered the Republicans into punching themselves in the dick - but then he knows he'd be a hypocrite for accusing Biden and the Democrats of playing politics as if the Republicans don't do that (they do, they just don't do it well lately)

He already explained the border bill is not Trump's fault, it is Biden's fault that a bipartisan bill that key Republicans helped draft, which would have implemented the border measures the Republicans want, was rejected by the Republicans.

Of course if Biden had actually used exec powers to implement it, it would be "Biden refused to work with the Republicans, this could have just been a bipartisan bill and the Republicans would have supported it"

He could choose to blame Biden for what really happened - he snookered the Republicans into punching themselves in the dick - but then he knows he'd be a hypocrite for accusing Biden and the Democrats of playing politics as if the Republicans don't do that (they do, they just don't do it well lately)
Trump has daughter in law getting his legal fees paid by the mom and pop sucker donations

Like others have said, Trump was president for 4 years and is hugely influential as a candidate, so has some control over the direction of the US.

Im not upset. You're the one that called Trump an appalling candidate so I thought you might have some criticisms of him that you would like to share. You only ever seem to defend one appalling candidate and not the other.

Nice work here mate, an actual discussion post :thumbsu:

And I don't hate the other side. Majority of my friends are Labour. I happily debate them, not just hate them as seems to be politics in this day an age. I also think MAGA is just a really dumb term used to turn what should be a positive 'Make America Great Again' into a term used to demonise people. I think it is akin to 'deplorables' and only solidifies voters behind Trump, not push people to vote against him. The reason Trump remains popular despite all his cases etc is because the Dems aren't welcoming voters that have voted Trump before back. They have made it clear that if you voted for Trump you are a bad person and we don't want anything to do with you. Not a good ploy in my opinion. It's why more voters are moving to RFK than to the Dems.
Finally I do see Trump as a necessary evil over Biden. Despite all his rhetoric I find him to be a very divisive POTUS. You can say that about Trump as well, the difference I see is that Biden and the Dems attack whole swathes of voters by calling them MAGA, alt-right etc. but Trump only ever attacks individuals not a whole voting bloc. He welcomes voters from the other side, whereas I think Biden doesn't. He needs a divided American to win.
Trump is demonstrably worse on this though - he never attacks a whole voting bloc? Come on, 'deplorables' is mild as can be compared to Trump's labeling of all those opposed to him as marxist communist vermin. He's also on record that he doesn't want or need a bloc of voters even from within his own party (Haley voters), and said that any donors contributing to Haley will be "permanently barred from the MAGA camp". Talk about divisive.

These are actual statements and facts, as opposed to some nebulous idea that "the Dems aren't welcoming voters that have voted Trump before back" - which is also demonstrably incorrect, Biden's campaign just released an ad specifically targeting Haley's voters regarding this stuff. I assume at least some of these people would have voted Trump previously.

Not sure why I bothered to type all this out. You'll all just find one word or sentence to attack me as MAGA or a Trump fanboi. Have at it.
Sincerely, its great that you did, a nice change. Yeah you'll get a bit of blowback here and there that might not quite be deserved on the content, but thats more to do with your posting history and reputation here. If some new poster came in and posted exactly what you have here I doubt they'd instantly be attacked. Pointing out some pretty big flaws in the arguments as I've just done, sure that would happen, but thats not even close to the same thing.

It'll take some time, but keep making posts like this and it'll turn around.

Yeah, he's one of 2 candidates for presidential election in 6 months and has basically absorbed the entire GOP party machine as his own - the idea that he has "no control over the direction of the US" and is not worth criticising seems patently absurd to me.

Can you link to any criticisms of him you made here from 2016 - 2020? Honestly not trying for a gotcha here, more something that would add weight to the idea that you're not the unwavering fanboi we paint you as, and might help to negate the barriers to discussion you've talked about when you post in this thread.

Last edited:

Trump is demonstrably worse on this though - he never attacks a whole voting bloc? Come on, 'deplorables' is mild as can be compared to Trump's labeling of all those opposed to him as marxist communist vermin. He's also on record that he doesn't want or need a bloc of voters even from within his own party (Haley voters), and said that any donors contributing to Haley will be "permanently barred from the MAGA camp". Talk about divisive.
And let's not forget Trumps comments on Jews
"Any Jewish person that votes for Democrats hates their religion. They hate everything about Israel and they should be ashamed of themselves because Israel will be destroyed.”

Just yesterday he said “Any Jewish person that votes for Biden does not love Israel and, frankly, should be spoken to,”.

Spoken to by who Donald???

So much this. They have no interest in governing, hell they barely even have policies anymore beyond culture war nonsense. Just perpetual attack and grievance.

The idea that Biden is 'divisive' in the face of everything Don and the GOP have pulled the last few years, going way back to turtle McConnell and the SC appointments shenanigans... just lol :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The majority of posters here would not vote for Biden if he was running in Australia but recognise he is the least appealing candidate in the US. They more oppose Trump rather than support Biden.
Agree. John Howard may not be your ‘cup of tea’, but **** he was a lot better than Mark Latham.

The US ballot doesn’t ask you to write in the name of your favourite person, but to indicate who is your preferred choice of those listed to represent you. It is a representative democracy.

These are actual statements and facts, as opposed to some nebulous idea that "the Dems aren't welcoming voters that have voted Trump before back" - which is also demonstrably incorrect, Biden's campaign just released an ad specifically targeting Haley's voters regarding this stuff. I assume at least some of these people would have voted Trump previously.

I think he historically was a lot better at this (2016, for example, as savagely as he belittled Jeb and the other vampires, he never really went for their supporters). His attack on Haley’s supporters is exactly the thing that loses elections, and it’s increasingly looking like Trump squandered his six month poll lead as Biden’s now pulled ahead after Trump basically did nothing.

Probably something to do with his declining cognisance that we’re seeing from him that he’s mostly gotten away with because of Biden.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back