Player Watch #45 Hugo Ralphsmith

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s not quick and will cough up a ball when approached by a shadow. Can get the ball on a rebound move if he has time and space. Hope he plays to his best.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The poor bloke FINALLY gets played on a wing and plays his best game for the club, beats his quality opponent and is in our best few players. Took some good marks, showed some courage and kicked pretty well. Should play the rest of the season.

Remind me again why McInotsh has been so hard to replace on a wing? :rolleyes:

Yes, I’ve been calling for Macca’s head for 6-weeks …. Hugo was very good tonight. I was rapt for him given the sh*te he cops.

Hugo’s game tonight was infinitely better than any game Macca has played for the entirety of 2023-24. Macca has reached 20 disposals just once across 2023-24 … 21 touches against Saints in R22 2023. Hugo did that tonight.

He’s got his weaknesses and he may not even establish a career …. but for God’s sake let’s keep playing him and find out! If he can build on tonight he’s got enough qualities to be a player. He even went back into danger a few times tonight … he’ll never be super tough, but he’s hard enough for a wingman.

Well done Hugo. We need to keep unearthing youngsters and hopefully you’ll be another one for the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

play him based on effort until he deserves to be dropped due to effort.

Effort is everything when you are down the bottom. As long as you have guys with effort, you wont start getting pumped.

I can assure you that if Castagna & Aarts were still on the list, they would both be starting 18 purely for that reason

Yes, I’ve been calling for Macca’s head for 6-weeks …. Hugo was very good tonight. I was rapt for him given the sh*te he cops.

Hugo’s game tonight was infinitely better than any game Macca has played for the entirety of 2023-24. Macca has reached 20 disposals just once across 2023-24 … 21 touches against Saints in R22 2023. Hugo did that tonight.

He’s got his weaknesses and he may not even establish a career …. but for God’s sake let’s keep playing him and find out! If he can build on tonight he’s got enough qualities to be a player. He even went back into danger a few times tonight … he’ll never be super tough, but he’s hard enough for a wingman.

Well done Hugo. We need to keep unearthing youngsters and hopefully you’ll be another one for the future.

I agree with everything you said, but ultimately, i think he wont amount to much. I don't think we have "unearthed" anything - his inclusion in the side more underlines how much the standard for "effort" is starting to become compromised, mainly because of senior players who are not handling the downside of success very well

The poor bloke FINALLY gets played on a wing and plays his best game for the club, beats his quality opponent and is in our best few players. Took some good marks, showed some courage and kicked pretty well. Should play the rest of the season.

Remind me again why McInotsh has been so hard to replace on a wing? :rolleyes:
Loved his work rate
Similar to Rioli Jr’s game
A lot of the reward was off the back off massive running repeat effects

I loved how he just cracked in during stoppages

He’s definitely not a hard nut but I don’t think he needs to be either

Fair is fair. It was an acceptable game (finally). Needs to play at that standard or above as a minimum.
Acceptable. He was in fact very good. Covered the ground, used the ball well, added some speed, worked hard both offensively and defensively and put his head over it when he needed to. Was easily in our best 6 players.

He has obviously relished a new coach coming in because the deficiencies of thelast few years were not evident last night. Confidence is a massive part of football.

Acceptable. He was in fact very good. Covered the ground, used the ball well, added some speed, worked hard both offensively and defensively and put his head over it when he needed to. Was easily in our best 6 players.

He has obviously relished a new coach coming in because the deficiencies of thelast few years were not evident last night. Confidence is a massive part of football.
Top 10-12 for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back