Player Watch #45 Hugo Ralphsmith

Remove this Banner Ad

It was great to see Hugo play well. He has all the tools and has more pace and x-factor than our other wing options. Has shown he can hit the scoreboard too.

I've never really understood the 'soft' label on him. It followed Houli around too and I never got it then either.

It was great to see Hugo play well. He has all the tools and has more pace and x-factor than our other wing options. Has shown he can hit the scoreboard too.

I've never really understood the 'soft' label on him. It followed Houli around too and I never got it then either.
He squibbed it once on Wednesday but it was one of those situations that the afl actually wants players to do so I don’t blame him for that.
He needs to be played where he can use his pace which is a wing. His disposal is too poor to play off half back.
I too thought his game was good on Wednesday.
Now the onus is on him to back it up this week and next and the next.
One good game every 6 will see him out the door at season’s end.

marlion or kamdyn should now have lost their spot for a stretch of games to see if hugo can back this up. has earned some time. impressive on the weekend, i was not convinced on his VFL form but proved otherwise.
Kamdyn yes Marlion NO
Marlion should be played as the perm sub as he can play just about every position and coming in fresh with decent pace and footy smarts would be fantastic

Specially with only 15 games to go to hit 100 games

He squibbed it once on Wednesday but it was one of those situations that the afl actually wants players to do so I don’t blame him for that.
He needs to be played where he can use his pace which is a wing. His disposal is too poor to play off half back.
I too thought his game was good on Wednesday.
Now the onus is on him to back it up this week and next and the next.
One good game every 6 will see him out the door at season’s end.
Pickets played nearly 100 games rarely being dropped and his disposal is worse than Hugo’s every day of the week

Also Grigg was called soft at Carlton & Richmond early days
Gaff , Brando , Acres , Langdon all were considered soft at the same age

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Continued improvement.
Highlights why it’s also important to persist with players as well
Like Rioli after last year a lot of us had him on the scrap heap offering no real upside but sometimes it just takes a while for everything to click

I’ve always liked HRS and I’m hoping he will keep improving and lock down a wing position.

Must say though I do love that gif at the start of this thread with the gibbon??monkey. The look on its face is priceless and really conveys disappointment in a humorous way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back