Preview Richmond vs West Coast - 1:45pm Saturday the 6th of May @ The MCG - Desperate times call for desperate measures... or do they?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking down match ups, stats etc is completely pointless this week. West Coast are missing more players than what they have available and we couldn't be playing worse even if we tried.

The main question we need to confront ourselves with this week is whether we persevere or go for mass changes?
This might be the Sonsie fan in me trying to keep him in the side, but what benefit does it serve to send him and some others back to the VFL? Especially the players that have played less than 15 games.
We do have players like Dow, Bauer and Banks that deserve to have their own shot as well. So, it's going to be interesting to see what match committee come up with. Especially with Prestia coming back in.

A lot of us are expecting a win this weekend and rightfully so. I'm unfortunately not as confident. The Sydney game really opened my eyes as to how bad we were going. I'm not going to tread over old ground, but the signs were there. They had no key defenders for gods sake and we couldn't get it done.
If we can put together some good footy for a half, then we should get over the line. However, on exposed form, I'm not sure if we can.

My proposed changes:
Out: Ross, Miller, Cotchin
In: Prestia, Bauer, Dow

Hopefully, we can get the win, if we remember how to.

Personally I'd like to see something like

Out: Miller
In: Prestia

But expect to see

Out: Sonsie
In Prestia

Until it becomes certain that we can't make finals, Dimma and co will continue to field as many of our best players as possible.

I don't think we'll see a response half the team has checked out. We should've responded against an out of form Sydney and Gold Coast.

I'd prefer if we don't win as we won't make finals this year and give players like dow, sonsie, Ross a stretch of games so they can build confidence and experience.

Cotchin has to sub from now on.

Sorry for the negativity but it's been 6 weeks and our skills are consistently getting worse. At least we've been consistent in that department.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the side i wanna see in starting positions

ins: banks,bauer,dow,HRS,prestia,mrj
outs: cotchin,ross,miller,sonsie,Mcintosh,cumberland(sub)

baker balta grimes
short vlaustin banks
pickett hopper dow
D.rioli ryan martin
clarke reiwoldt bauer

soldo taranto bolton

inter: young mrj HRS prestia

sub: cumberland

incoming : nankervis,gibcus,lynch,graham,sonsie(when he starts putting his head over it) cotchin(sparingly)

dont know where theyre @ ross,brown,ngoun ?

going going: mcintosh,tarrant(may as well retire)
gone,not to play again: mansell,miller

Last edited:
id say by monday if we lose,n im serious,sumthins NQR with Dimma,just have too look at him,subconsciously he may have already checked out ?
We will win and all it will achieve is it will mask over all the cracks for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back