Player Watch #45 Hugo Ralphsmith

Remove this Banner Ad

Ground suits him and by VFL reports his disposal has improved. Might surprise
Perfect replacement for McIntosh based on what we have seen. Not hard at it. Turns it over by foot. But running patterns and guarding space is good. Just needs to develop his aerobic capacity so he can do all those things for 93 minutes. Prove me wrong Hugo. FYI he is still a lot better than I ever was but I was a good club man.

I hope he can make it. Really like his pace and when he’s kicking is on point, it’s good. Defensively he needs work but this is his time to step up.

On a side note, watched a VFL game next to his family and they were lovely people so wish the best for him.

Perfect replacement for McIntosh based on what we have seen. Not hard at it. Turns it over by foot. But running patterns and guarding space is good. Just needs to develop his aerobic capacity so he can do all those things for 93 minutes. Prove me wrong Hugo. FYI he is still a lot better than I ever was but I was a good club man.
Runs a sub 6.10 2km, endurance is fine.

Runs a sub 6.10 2km, endurance is fine.
His overhead marking is definitely underated too ... hoping he puts it together on Sunday like he has been at VFL level this year ... his weapons suit the modern game.

19 possessions 8 marks 2 goals would be nice ... we need to find more goalkickers with the last two weeks being 5 and 6 individuals only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy for Hugo to be given an opportunity, his form at VFL level has warranted the call up and now he gets his chance to show he can be part of the future of the club. We need players like Hugo to come good, because while having stars is great, having solid role players who can provide support week to week are more important to how the side goes long term.

Hugo has the ability to run and carry from the back half and that is what we need to play the game style that Yze wants to, that quick rebound from the back line into our forward line. His ball use has improved this year, as has his defensive accountability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back