Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' & 'team success'

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see he ripped into Ford for being a selfish " superstar" campaigner. In Eddies mind i do mean.

Doesn't seem to be the actions of someone who's given up on the club.
Maybe he's going to pay out on everyone before he leaves. Wouldn't mind that myself actually.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Manager: "Has done his time"
I was going to mention this. I get the feeling those words have been said behind closed doors to Cam more than a few times. The manager reeks of a slimey RE agent.
I guess a cynical interpretation is possible, but I thought the context was that Zurhaar's done his time "to get to free agency", and at that point he's got a decision to make, like everyone else who gets to that stage.

I didn't hear it as any kind of escape clause, but maybe that's just me. The rest of the interview was even-handed, or even a bit more favourable from a North point of view, because the emphasis was on club culture and group commitment.

Hope so anyway, because if we keep losing players we will end up as a feeder club, and thus eventually, extinction

Well during a training drill Fordy burnt 3/4 Zurhaar leads, as he was being selfish and not doing the team thing. Cam left him know what he thought of that behavior is all.
He gave him a decent bake.

My point it doesn't sound like the actions of someone with a foot out the door.
Pots & kettles Cam. Don’t think there’s anyone in our side that burns his team mates more.

Well during a training drill Fordy burnt 3/4 Zurhaar leads, as he was being selfish and not doing the team thing. Cam left him know what he thought of that behavior is all.

Appreciate the ITK but honestly it could equally reflect that he’s had enough - no point reading the signs, we won’t know until things play out.

Appreciate the ITK but honestly it could equally reflect that he’s had enough - no point reading the signs, we won’t know until things play out.

Understand what you're saying, and agree, it is sad as he's a fav player of mine. But he also plays a position we have cornered the market in. So it isn't the end of the world.
Duursma 190cm, Ford 189cm, Curtis 184cm, George 187cm, Zurhaar 189cm.

Understand what you're saying, and agree, it is sad as he's a fav player of mine. But he also plays a position we have cornered the market in. So it isn't the end of the world.
Yeah, I’m past being attached to individual players if they don’t show they are fully committed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leading? Our forwards don’t lead.

They almost exclusively try and run backwards at every opportunity.

In some defence of the forwards is there anyone other than Sheezel or McKercher capable of hitting up a leading forward? Ball movement has become very stagnant once again over the last few games. We don't move the ball quick enough to allow the forwards to lead into space or at least be one out with their direct opponents.

Maybe Ford is adhering to whatever team rules/tactics/set ups they're rolling through, and CZ is outside that particular scope.

Maybe Ford is adhering to whatever team rules/tactics/set ups they're rolling through, and CZ is outside that particular scope.

Maybe the players should stop adhering to the team rules & tactics?

I mean, following the instructions are doing wonders thus far.

Maybe the players should stop adhering to the team rules & tactics?

I mean, following the instructions are doing wonders thus far.
Its not the instructions, its blatant skill errors and no pressure thats the issue. Nothing to do with the directions whatsoever

Its not the instructions, its blatant skill errors and no pressure thats the issue. Nothing to do with the directions whatsoever
It was a bit of tongue in cheek there DuckYeah :)

At this point in time I'd be wrapped we a few marks inside 50...

Was this Wed at training? At least Fordy was ok to train ?

In some defence of the forwards is there anyone other than Sheezel or McKercher capable of hitting up a leading forward? Ball movement has become very stagnant once again over the last few games. We don't move the ball quick enough to allow the forwards to lead into space or at least be one out with their direct opponents.
TT used to 😢

Phillips did it a few times last year. Fingers crossed he gets it enough to do it some more.

Surely 1 of those blokes could be the big body mid we need?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back