Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh - signed until 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn’t the drafting strategy in recent years all about better skills?
That's why I said Banks. I love what he can bring.

We went all in on a certain type of player, and that wasn't elite skills. KMac is emblematic of that.

We should have a future of better skills coming.

The only part I kind of disagree with is... the going past Kmac... It's hard to go past someone when your not given the opportuntiy to do so. And I think ON FORM last year, there were more than a few times Kmac should have been dropped.

If the kids aren't given a chance, how do they go past him???

Not much of a difference, you think that time is still to come, I think that time is already here...

Po-Tay-To Po-Tah-To

Until now I reckon KMac has been the #1 choice because he was our best option. I really hope that he has a great year. And just as much I hope that he gets passed.

The future is not KMac. But right now isn't he future.

Which I would say shows that we took about 2 years too long to wake up to how he game changed. If we had picked for skills when SHocking changed the game we would have a different set up now I reckon.

When is this guy going to be held accountable for his poor disposal and missed tackles. I don’t know what’s more embarrassing watching this guy spud it up or the MC that continue to gift this list clogger games??
Pickett was even worse though standing around while St Kilda got it back into their 50 & kicked a goal, one of them should be phased out though right now I don't care which Sam Banks can take there spot.

Last edited:
Pickett was even worse though standing around while St Kilda got it back into their 50 & kicked a goal, one of them should be phased out though right now I don't care which Sam Banks can take there spot.
Pickett had a stinker today, but he is still levels above Kmac. Personally I would play Pickett as a sub bc he gets run off his feet early and finishes off stronger. Yes that was ugly viewing him standing there. Today was a mare for him and that ground proved if you have average disposal you were going to look ugly. Short , Kmac, Sonsie and Pickett didn’t surprise in that department.
I’m worried about Banks and would prefer Smith or even HRS for another look.

Is that the one where Pickett had just put in a huge amount of repeat efforts, probably after running the length of the field without a breather?

Do you ever think something you are watching is so unusual there might be a less obvious explanation for it?

Is that the one where Pickett had just put in a huge amount of repeat efforts, probably after running the length of the field without a breather?

Do you ever think something you are watching is so unusual there might be a less obvious explanation for it?
Rubbish he was lazy and sloppy. Inexcusable and team deflating as he needed to put in and apply pressure and help his teammates out.

I'd rather he give a free kick away and hold up play. Rather than just standing there like a statue.

If he stood there like a statue it is a fair bet he was absolutely gassed. There are only so many repeat efforts even the fittest guys can make before they need to recover.

He was definitely gassed but it's a terrible look. I've never seen a player just stand there and let the ball just go passed them, he was within a metre of the oppo and ball. Other players would've made a half ass attempt regardless of how gassed they are.

It's the lack of making a contest that most posters are questioning on here.

He was definitely gassed but it's a terrible look. I've never seen a player just stand there and let the ball just go passed them, he was within a metre of the oppo and ball. Other players would've made a half ass attempt regardless of how gassed they are.

It's the lack of making a contest that most posters are questioning on here.

You ever seen him do it before or since?

You ever seen him do it before or since?
Irrelevant as he let the team down. Stop making excuses as it was poor viewing and he should be dropped for it. It was country football standard and unacceptable. You’re actually flogging a dead horse as you’re on nearly every thread covering for players incompetence and poor disposal. You’re losing credibility on here now as you’re basically accepting mediocrity and want our team to fail or not progress. You’re setting low standards by the excuses you give.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he did a lot running in a short period but it's no excuse you can still run & put pressure on even when gassed, yes it hurts but you got to find a way.

He has always been pretty reliable in a contest but I feeel like he's losing more now and he is constantly fumbling. Add that to his poor footskills, he just has to go. Enough is enough. Our wings are comfortably the worst in the AFL. I can (just) cop carrying Marlion to 100 games as he at least gets involved in offensive chains.

Bring Baker in to play HFF and play Campbell on a wing.

He has always been pretty reliable in a contest but I feeel like he's losing more now and he is constantly fumbling. Add that to his poor footskills, he just has to go. Enough is enough. Our wings are comfortably the worst in the AFL. I can (just) cop carrying Marlion to 100 games as he at least gets involved in offensive chains.

Bring Baker in to play HFF and play Campbell on a wing.
Plus his man Hill had a field day. (Pickett may have had him as well, but Mac spent a good deal of time on him from memory.)

Macca used to be one of my favourites ... now I think he should retire before the MSD ... even HRS has gone past him in every area including footskills.

He can always still join the Eagles as a delisted free agent at the end of the year if he wants to keep playing

Next week against Werribee wouldn't be surprised if he even stinks it up at that level

Out Macca IN Coulthard

That particular play was insane like twilight zone stuff

He actually just stood still and didn’t try anything at all

Would love to know what his thought process was

The game day thread went into destruction mode and i think most of us hadn't seen anything like that ever. Even in the 30plus year drought we had limited footballers, but they would always play for the jumper. Sadly they just weren't good enough.

Macca used to be one of my favourites ... now I think he should retire before the MSD ... even HRS has gone past him in every area including footskills.

He can always still join the Eagles as a delisted free agent at the end of the year if he wants to keep playing

Next week against Werribee wouldn't be surprised if he even stinks it up at that level

Out Macca IN Coulthard
You're not an eligible delisted free agent if you retire, you have to be delisted by the club. He won't retire before the MSD.

He just stood there like a person that didn't care & thinks his spot is safe.

Your getting paid much more money than the average person, on game day you can't be doing that has to be 100% not only that it is it bad for our other younger players seeing a senior player like that slack off.

The game day thread went into destruction mode and i think most of us hadn't seen anything like that ever. Even in the 30plus year drought we had limited footballers, but they would always play for the jumper. Sadly they just weren't good enough.
100% probably one of the most disappointing actions or lack of I have seen and I’m a very optimistic supporter and completely own that fact I’m a glass half full kind of fan

But if I was a coach I would be dropping Pickett for that bit of play even if it’s just for a week if they insist on playing him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back