Player Watch #33: Kamdyn McIntosh - signed until 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

100% probably one of the most disappointing actions or lack of I have seen and I’m a very optimistic supporter and completely own that fact I’m a glass half full kind of fan

But if I was a coach I would be dropping Pickett for that bit of play even if it’s just for a week if they insist on playing him
And miss out on FatherSon by 1 game lol ... where you running the club in the 80s by any chance?

And miss out on FatherSon by 1 game lol ... were you running the club in the 80s by any chance?
List management decisions purely to gain a couple of father sons that may not even turn out seems more like something from our dark old days over dropping a player who isn’t up to it

If Pickett is good enough he will get 100 games
If he’s not so be it

There spot in the team is kind of related.
I would play one of them only at this stage.
Yep ... and Macca didn't have the forethought to be popping half a dozen children before he turned 30 ... Pickett a true mastermind ... making himself undroppable could be his best heist on or off the field ... especially as he is making $500K per year ... conditional on triggers including games played

NB: just banter ... I have no idea one way or the other what he has been involved in off the field

Last edited:
List management decisions purely to gain a couple of father sons that may not even turn out seems more like something from our dark old days over dropping a player who isn’t up to it

If he’s not so be it
So you were running the clubs in the 80s lol ... he is not spudding it up like Macca ... was one of our best in the second half in the win over Sydney ... actually think if he can get his Court Case past him he has some quality years ahead of him ...

So you were running the clubs in the 80s lol ... he is not spudding it up like Macca ... was one of our best in the second half in the win over Sydney ... actually think if he can get his Court Case past him he has some quality years ahead of him ...
Still needs to be dropped for that non effort as it's sending out the wrong message to the entire list , especially the kids. As you said if he's good enough he will get to 100 games, but no games should be gifted to any player if they put in a non show like that.

Still needs to be dropped for that non effort as it's sending out the wrong message to the entire list , especially the kids. As you said if he's good enough he will get to 100 games, but no games should be gifted to any player if they put in a non show like that.
Bubbles Bath GIF by AFV Babies

There is a few on here sounding like they have probably thrown out a baby with the bath water

He gets a pass for mine ... got a bit on his plate ... still capable of bursts that can win a game himself ... did it two weeks in a row last year ... and was instrumental against the Swans

Macca and Grimes are inversely capable of single handedly losing a game in a 5 minute patch

Bubbles Bath GIF by AFV Babies

There is a few on here sounding like they have probably thrown out a baby with the bath water

He gets a pass for mine ... got a bit on his plate ... still capable of bursts that can win a game himself ... did it two weeks in a row last year ... and was instrumental against the Swans

Macca and Grimes are inversely capable of single handedly losing a game in a 5 minute patch
i agree with you on most of that , but it's still doesn't excuse him for that lack of effort and needs to be dropped. He has a lot on his plate and if it's affecting him on game day then maybe he needs a break. We can't carry passengers and guys that won't commit to doing the basics. Sadly we are carrying too many passengers atm, but you can't fault them on their efforts as they're either not good enough or inexperienced.

i agree with you on most of that , but it's still doesn't excuse him for that lack of effort and needs to be dropped. He has a lot on his plate and if it's affecting him on game day then maybe he needs a break. We can't carry passengers and guys that won't commit to doing the basics. Sadly we are carrying too many passengers atm, but you can't fault them on their efforts as they're either not good enough or inexperienced.
Maybe make him do 1000 push ups ... or scrub the bloody toilets ... or go prune some vines with Grimesy ... or do visits with the Allanah Madeline ... or push Lynch around in his bloody wheelchair ...

the only blokes that would drop Marlion this year look like this ...
Shocked Sesame Street GIF by Muppet Wiki

Macca on the other hand ... I am available to help him clean out his locker

Maybe make him do 1000 push ups ... or scrub the bloody toilets ... or go prune some vines with Grimesy ... or do visits with the Allanah Madeline ... or push Lynch around in his bloody wheelchair ...

1712553709203.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for clearing that up ... don't need any more muppets suggesting Marlion gets dropped ... I have a feeling his kids are going to be the best Pickett's to play AFL football

Just like MRJ is probably going to be the better Maurice Rioli ... his Dad was my favourite footballer ... and Junior has another 80 games to play before he gets to when Senior came over from Fremantle to play at Richmond ... Junior is a freak, stronger, quicker, more powerful than the old man and he ain't even grown into his body yet ... bloody put him in the centre bounces already!

While Macca's kids are more likely to play Fortnite than football

Thanks for clearing that up ... don't need any more muppets suggesting Marlion gets dropped ... I have a feeling his kids are going to be the best Pickett's to play AFL football

Just like MRJ is probably going to be the better Maurice Rioli ... his Dad was my favourite footballer ... and Junior has another 80 games to play before he gets to when Senior came over from Fremantle to play at Richmond ... Junior is a freak, stronger, quicker, more powerful than the old man and he ain't even grown into his body yet ... bloody put him in the centre bounces already!

While Macca's kids are more likely to play Fortnite than football
I love MRJ and i can't wait until he fully matures . I still think you're being way too emotional with Pickett.

If he’s not so be it

This father / son stuff is ludicrous. Sure, if he’s on 99 games and there’s 1 game to go play him .. just in case. But are we seriously thinking we potentially gift Pickett 5, 10 or a dozen games just to get him to 100? On the 2% chance his kids become AFL quality players..?!! And even then, will they be Tom Roach, Andrew Raines or GAJ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He just stood there like a person that didn't care & thinks his spot is safe.

Your getting paid much more money than the average person, on game day you can't be doing that has to be 100% not only that it is it bad for our other younger players seeing a senior player like that slack off.

Marlion Pickett is getting the biggest pay packet of his entire life, pre & post 2024, this year.

he did a lot running in a short period but it's no excuse you can still run & put pressure on even when gassed, yes it hurts but you got to find a way.

It does highlight the wingers gut runner lament. They play gassed but get judged the same as everyone.
Probably why Kmac is safe at the moment. We have players waiting to replace him but can they perform when they are spent.

This father / son stuff is ludicrous. Sure, if he’s on 99 games and there’s 1 game to go play him .. just in case. But are we seriously thinking we potentially gift Pickett 5, 10 or a dozen games just to get him to 100? On the 2% chance his kids become AFL quality players..?!! And even then, will they be Tom Roach, Andrew Raines or GAJ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Muppets GIF

We need to see what HRS has got, it's his contract year if I'm not mistaken.
Interesting to see if Smith, Tresize and Clarke (when fit), and perhaps even Coulthard are given opportunities in preference to Hugo.
You got to get games into the kids that are the best chance of becoming regular AFL players and I just Think he is down the pecking order.
In his favour though is injuries to a number of those kids he’s competing with, and some decent VFL form. Also seen Miller and Dow given opportunities, so suppose he’s a chance.
If it does happen, will have to play with a lot more intensity than he’s shown prev couple of seasons

It’ll most likely happen sometime this year (replacing Kmac ), because Yze will want to start the rebuild and get games into the kids.

He can be bloody frustrating, but I want to fly the flag a little bit for Kamdyn. When you go to the game you see all the team orientated stuff he does. He’s probably the tallest wingman in the competition and he uses his size to fill those holes where a kpf would lead, he is continuously giving our KPDs chop outs. That sort of thing never appears on a stat sheet, but it helps our defence and makes it a lot easier for guys like Vlastuin to play more offensively.

It’ll most likely happen sometime this year (replacing Kmac ), because Yze will want to start the rebuild and get games into the kids.

He can be bloody frustrating, but I want to fly the flag a little bit for Kamdyn. When you go to the game you see all the team orientated stuff he does. He’s probably the tallest wingman in the competition and he uses his size to fill those holes where a kpf would lead, he is continuously giving our KPDs chop outs. That sort of thing never appears on a stat sheet, but it helps our defence and makes it a lot easier for guys like Vlastuin to play more offensively.

That’s a fair comment. As others have said, if you go to the game and focus solely on KMac, his worth to the side stands out.

That said, there’s no doubt the winds of change are coming. But it’s still probably a while away yet.

Gone are the days of just plonking a player in a position - especially the wing - and having them play it well straight away.

Look at how long it took Ross to get used to the position, and Caddy back in 2019. The wing is just - if not more - about positioning and holding shape as it is footy skills.

We’ve started to the see the transition. Banks has played on and off. And it seems Seth Campbell has rotated through a few times against Sydney and St Kilda.

I haven’t been able to watch much VFL, but HRS, Coulthard and possibly Clarke also may be rotating through there.

But for now KMac holds it down, does the team things and sets an example (not an example of skills obviously) until a few of the younger types are ready.

That’s a fair comment. As others have said, if you go to the game and focus solely on KMac, his worth to the side stands out.

That said, there’s no doubt the winds of change are coming. But it’s still probably a while away yet.

Gone are the days of just plonking a player in a position - especially the wing - and having them play it well straight away.

Look at how long it took Ross to get used to the position, and Caddy back in 2019. The wing is just - if not more - about positioning and holding shape as it is footy skills.

We’ve started to the see the transition. Banks has played on and off. And it seems Seth Campbell has rotated through a few times against Sydney and St Kilda.

I haven’t been able to watch much VFL, but HRS, Coulthard and possibly Clarke also may be rotating through there.

But for now KMac holds it down, does the team things and sets an example (not an example of skills obviously) until a few of the younger types are ready.
Good point re the position (wing). There’s so much more to the role than we see on TV and it’s only when you are at a game that you get an appreciation of it.
It’s a bit of a thankless role, especially the defensive wing which Kmac plays.
It’ll be interesting to see who gets that defensive wing, not sure you give it to one of our gun kids, because they are out of the play quite a bit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back