AFL Player #33: Alwyn Davey Jr - Lindsay Griffith Rising Star

What is the preferred nickname for Alwyn Davey Jr?

• Froggy Jr

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Tadpole

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Flash

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Did he get 3 htb decisions in his favour?
Talk about the tyranny of expectation. Not to mention that with quick small forwards we've played 6 quarters of front half footy. He had more meaningful pressure acts in an average game than Guelfi has in half a season.
Yuup.

Not kicking bags, but I don't think it's a coincidence that weve been holding the ball in f50 a lot more since he's come in.

Far from the worst last night, and playing a role we don't seem to have anyone else that can play. A few others I'd be swapping out for next week before him

Most of you are under-selling his contribution. His pressure acts are lightyears beyond what Menzie has offered and it shows in our recent performances. So so close to votes from me.
His speed also brings perceived pressure that panics opposition into turnovers. He's 100% in from both a team balance and performance perspective. I prefer what he brings to our side over Menzie.

Not in the same stratosphere as far as his old man's speed and tackling but still shows a bit when the opportunity arrises...Nice kick when he's got time...

Keep playing...

Tackling yes, speed no.

Snr had an explosive burst which Jnr doesn't quite have. Jnr has a much higher top end and better staying power, more torque.

Tackling yes, speed no.

Snr had an explosive burst which Jnr doesn't quite have. Jnr has a much higher top end and better staying power, more torque.
True enough - Senior pre knee injury went from 0 to 100 in a nanosecond.

Junior maybe doesn’t but he’s quick enough to spook defenders….havent had that since prime Tippa

Did he get 3 htb decisions in his favour?

Talk about the tyranny of expectation. Not to mention that with quick small forwards we've played 6 quarters of front half footy.

He had more meaningful pressure acts in an average game than Guelfi has in half a season.
Was thinking the same. Sure he has a few more levels to get to but he stuck a few more tackles this week and the pressure was good.

Tackling yes, speed no.

Yes I have to agree now after a few of his efforts last nite where we actually got to see him open up full throttle...

I think after a bit of focused study of him that it's a bit of a tentative mental thing of being unsure of his natural abilities in particular situations that makes him seem hesitant at times.

Ultimately his confidence is starting to grow though which is exciting... 😊

He had more meaningful pressure acts in an average game than Guelfi has in half a season.
Davey was promising but did you watch the Hawthorn game and Guelfi on Sicily?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, it was the game Hawthorn waltzed the ball out of our F50.

Quite clearly we should be playing ADJ over Guelfi but 2 goals, 4 direct goal assists and completely derailing Sicily’s year in about 15 minutes is pretty good if you ask me.

What do I care about Sicily? Is it any better that other players ran the ball out of defence with abandon?

It is demonstrably better that their main weapon, leader and best player doesn’t play well as a result of someone taking him to the cleaners, yes.

Back