AFL Player #33: Alwyn Davey Jr - Lindsay Griffith Rising Star

What is the preferred nickname for Alwyn Davey Jr?

• Froggy Jr

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Tadpole

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Flash

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Think he showed some signs! Stick with him and hopefully he can get the confidence he needs to take the game on, looked like nerves held him back a bit tonight.

Forwardline looks so much more effective with the pressure he brings. Just needs some consistent opportunities to play at the level to iron out the nerves and realise he belongs. In a couple of preseasons he'll be gold.

To build; tank and body.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs some confidence and to back himself, think his disposal can look poor as he’s always looking to hand off the ball rather than take the first and best option. I’m not sure if he’s timid around the ball or just worried about getting in a team mates way it’s the same deal with his disposal, just back ya self

Not in the same stratosphere as far as his old man's speed and tackling but still shows a bit when the opportunity arrises...Nice kick when he's got time...

Keep playing...

Had some very ordinary tacking efforts
mixed with some better stuff.

TBH….think he should be dropped if we are going to be consistent. Effort and commitment need to be non-negotiable. Tsatas paid the price for some poor efforts, so should ADJ.

Had some very ordinary tacking efforts
mixed with some better stuff.

TBH….think he should be dropped if we are going to be consistent. Effort and commitment need to be non-negotiable. Tsatas paid the price for some poor efforts, so should ADJ.
if menzie's shoulder keeps him on the sidelines he'll be picked regardless, but i just don't think that dropping someone after a decent performance will help with confidence

if menzie's shoulder keeps him on the sidelines he'll be picked regardless, but i just don't think that dropping someone after a decent performance will help with confidence
It’s about the team….not the individual.

If they can’t handle being asked to meet standards then they aren’t long for the AFL world anyway. It’s a tough gig - resilience is a requirement.

Back