AFL Player #33: Alwyn Davey Jr - Lindsay Griffith Rising Star

What is the preferred nickname for Alwyn Davey Jr?

• Froggy Jr

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Tadpole

Votes: 21 56.8%
  • Flash

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the replay it looks like he wants to chase and pressure but lacks the confidence to absorb the contact that comes from sticking a tackle
Yep, needs to play in VFL. I'd have Menzie and Hind ahead of him.

Watching the replay it looks like he wants to chase and pressure but lacks the confidence to absorb the contact that comes from sticking a tackle
Sums it up. Looks a little gun shy with the actual contact part.

That being said I would leave him in for a few games and see what happens.

:cool:

Leave him in until ANZAC day I agree. That match has a habit of showing true colors, good or bad

I agree, having the right intent is the main thing I think. Longer term give him a preseason program to thicken him up a bit.

Confidence is a big thing for Alwyn at the moment. Saw him pulling out of the local shopping centre car park earlier today and he really hesitated to put the foot on the gas and enter traffic. Mind you it was a rickety old chassis he was driving so as he upgrades over the next couple of pre seasons we may see a different Davey.

I really want to see that killer instinct in him that is what he is lacking at the moment he just plays to nice. Aside from that I thought he showed a couple of glimpses of what he could be.

Alwyn is going to make it. I see him being our Toby Bedford but with more goals. He needs to stay in the team at least six games in a row so we can find out for sure.

Back to earth against a back 6 I don't particularly rate that highly.

Positive for Froggy is that we have very little, if any pushing for his spot in the twos.

Prepare yourself. will most likely play Anzac Day
He was good tonight I thought. Doesn’t have the tank to do it all game. But his run down on hinge in the 4th was huge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not in the same stratosphere as far as his old man's speed and tackling but still shows a bit when the opportunity arrises...Nice kick when he's got time...

Keep playing...
6D139CDF-26C1-4BE2-A295-E20D9CBECD3E.jpeg

Only 3 players have hit 34 kph in the last two rounds.

Wheels are just as good as his only man, if not better.

Back