Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO re RCD, I've seen a bit that suggests he could make it but not enough. With TT and Hopper hopefully arriving, that's just 2 more hurdles for him to clear to get a crack at it.
With the 3 retirements plus Aarts, Martyn, Stack (??) & Parker off the list with only the 2 giants players and Bauer coming on, that 7 off and 3 on.
As we're only going to be left with crap draft picks, I'd offer him a one year deal on minimum chips and and if someone else wants him, this forces a trade. If we're lucky we could get an pick upgrade - something like Rd 2 for RCD and Rd 3 pick.
Otherwise I'd keep him for depth with Prestia injury prone and Cotch slowing down and likely to be managed, he wouldn't be the worst to come off the bench - I'm not yet convinced that Dow is a better option than RCD.

Drafted 2013 played two seasons in the vfl
Since that was dropped for one game and another time for three games other than that it’s only injuries
Played 146 games
As I said, multiple games. He is 28 years old, and a good player from his first game. But he struggled to really get much better until I think the last couple of years, hence he was dropped in 2018 as you say.

Players naturally develop the more they play, he is a good example although not really in the RCD category as he has been pretty good all along.

RCD was always a boom or bust selection and at pick #20 not really a massive investment for the type of player he potentially could be. Currently he has no value as i consider anything after #50 is nothing and only 55-60 players looking like getting drafted . If we have a list spot keep him another year and if we have to delist end of 2023 then no loss

Riley’s getting some off season work in with Woodford sports science consulting. Good to see.

Good to see him going that extra step. Good luck, hope he crushes it. He's up against it at the Tigers if we get the Giants boys. But hope he does crack it, he's a talent in many ways

Riley’s getting some off season work in with Woodford sports science consulting. Good to see.
the post still quotes him as a "rimchmond" player. (and tags the footy club as well).. the way these kids look after the social media brand, it might be an indication he's staying... otherwise I'm guessing it would have said AFL footballer instead...

the post still quotes him as a "rimchmond" player. (and tags the footy club as well).. the way these kids look after the social media brand, it might be an indication he's staying... otherwise I'm guessing it would have said AFL footballer instead...
He’s still a Richmond player right now so nothing in that I wouldn’t think.

If we have the list spot i hope we keep him another year or if we dont the Rookie list him

He has all the physical attributes but the endurance appears to be lacking going by his running intensity when he doesnt have the ball

without knowing him personally i get the sense that he seems to be a bit of a "slow learner' and struggles with either knowing exactly what the coaches want him to do or apprehensive about what to do when the ball is not in his area

If we have the list spot i hope we keep him another year or if we dont the Rookie list him

He has all the physical attributes but the endurance appears to be lacking going by his running intensity when he doesnt have the ball

without knowing him personally i get the sense that he seems to be a bit of a "slow learner' and struggles with either knowing exactly what the coaches want him to do or apprehensive about what to do when the ball is not in his area
Poor endurance and slow learner. Just what we need. Really?

Poor endurance and slow learner. Just what we need. Really?

His.last 6 weeks at VFL were the most consistent he has played at the level so far. Gotta remember how much development he has had taken from him with no VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His.last 6 weeks at VFL were the most consistent he has played at the level so far. Gotta remember how much development he has had taken from him with no VFL.

I’m no longer sure if he makes, and especially don’t think he makes it at Richmond with Taranto and Hopper coming in. But geez I think his poor VFL stuff is over blown.

He’s had over 20 touches in 12 out 20 VFL games the last two years and he was trending upwards. Comparatively Dow has had over 20 touches in 11 out of 18 games. Virtually the same but with less criticism.

C5B5B4CF-2F95-4A5D-AB9C-C85885FC5182.png
AFB27371-98E3-4FA9-96B9-439C0863A258.png

Another ******* excuse.

I’m no longer sure if he makes, and especially don’t think he makes it at Richmond with Taranto and Hopper coming in. But geez I think his poor VFL stuff is over blown.

He’s had over 20 touches in 12 out 20 VFL games the last two years and he was trending upwards. Comparatively Dow has had over 20 touches in 11 out of 18 games. Virtually the same but with less criticism.

View attachment 1514324
View attachment 1514327
Dow has had a year less at the club but will also find himself under the pump if he cannot force his way up the pecking order. Dow is contracted and RCD is not. Critics will be out in force if Dow does not grab his chance. RCD’s time is up.

How often do underwhelming players with 6 years on the list come good?

Not very often.

If any club wants him they can have him. His best chance staying at Richmond is rookie list and even that's a 50 50 proposition.

How often do underwhelming players with 6 years on the list come good?

Not very often.

If any club wants him they can have him. His best chance staying at Richmond is rookie list and even that's a 50 50 proposition.

Hes not going to get better now without playing senior footy. We get Dusty back + ad Taranto and Hopper. Its over for RCD.

View attachment 1514324
View attachment 1514327

Dow had APPENDICITIS!!!!!!!! That takes its toll mentally and physically. He lost weight , strength and energy. Anyone who has to recover from surgery and the loss of an organ deserves to be cut EXTRA slack. RCD has had every excuse under the sun made for him. Fact of the matter is his u18 output never justified his 1st round selection, he was picked on the trend/ borderline psychotic obsession with needing a tall mid. If he was pick 50 he'd be gone already only reason he's still around is cos some club might be delusional enough to think "well he was a 1st rounder, Tigers was hard to get games, Covid....... we can turn him around" fact of the matter is he's a bust even worse than stocker who's already been discarded. Prestia's same height as my Mrs but unlike RCD he has grunt/ heart. You can't learn that you've got it or you don't. RCD is weak as piss. FACT!!!!! We'll take the loss but anything we can get for him is better than losing him for nothing which will prob still happen anyway. Other teams have gun mids in Magoo's beast moding getting 40 touches and dominating. RCD is never gonna amount to stuff all and won't even end up VFL he'll be playing amateurs in 2 years. Sick of seeing his link always near the top!!!!

Last edited:
Dow had APPENDICITIS!!!!!!!! That takes its toll mentally and physically. He lost weight , strength and energy. Anyone who has to recover from surgery and the loss of an organ deserves to be cut EXTRA slack. RCD has had every excuse under the sun made for him. Fact of the matter is his u18 output never justified his 1st round selection, he was picked on the trend/ borderline psychotic obsession with needing a tall mid. If he was pick 50 he'd be gone already only reason he's still around is cos some club might be delusional enough to think "well he was a 1st rounder, Tigers was hard to get games, Covid....... we can turn him around" fact of the matter is he's a bust even worse than stocker who's already been discarded. Prestia's same height as my Mrs but unlike RCD he has grunt/ heart. You can't learn that you've got it or you don't. RCD is weak as piss. FACT!!!!! We'll take the loss but anything we can get for him is better than losing him for nothing which will prob still happen anyway. Other teams have gun mids in Magoo's beast moding getting 40 touches and dominating. RCD is never gonna amount to stuff all and won't even end up VFL he'll be playing amateurs in 2 years. Sick of seeing his link always near the top!!!!
Spot on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back