Half-backs:Alex CincottaJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Centreline:David CuninghamPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew CottrellHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydAdam CerraCorey Durdin
Orazio FantasiaMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Jack CarrollOllie HollandsBrodie Kemp

They will bring the same style and intensity as Geelong but are without a Cameron to completely capitalise. He was probably the difference.

6 vs 9 day break after a hard slog is somewhat concerning but our best will beat them. Any less and we’ll have a game on our hands.

I think we need to put to bed this day break between games.Cats showed no ‘heavy legs’ yesterday.As long as teams get 6 days to recover that’s fine.Conditioning staff have players recover to an inch of their lives nowadays.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Williams was horrible last night. I know we won’t drop him and hopefully it’s a one off but his composure with the ball is greatly needed. 2-3 goals came directly from his mistakes. And 2-3 goals for us when we looked out came from his poor decision making. I’d love to see him move closer to goal while Cerra (if he comes up) or Kennedy move closer to defensive goal.

Hence why he shouldn’t play back anymore.

When fit

Elijah Charlie Martin
Motlop Harry Fog

Fantasia

That's the 7 I would play

Cuners in the mix, better at the contest, but doesn't have the general awareness of Fantasia

Owies, Durdin to work on their defensive pressure in the VFL, moreso Durdin
Cotters?

I think we need to put to bed this day break between games.Cats showed no ‘heavy legs’ yesterday.As long as teams get 6 days to recover that’s fine.Conditioning staff have players recover to an inch of their lives nowadays.

Interesting though that 2 of the guys that burn’t us didn’t play in the Brisbane wet the week before in Tuohy & Guthrie…… Stanley was also rested

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we don’t fix our easy forward line exits and easy opposition transitions, the pies will spank us …..
Agree, Pies are another team who’s strength is slingshot from the back half after getting numbers back.

They absolutely smashed Port with skill, run & carry !!

More than a myth needs to be delisted years end,can’t carry injury prone players anymore.

Don’t agree - there is just something about him that I can’t put into words.

He’s capable of the sublime and very skilful - I think it’s worth the investment. :thumbsu:

Don’t agree - there is just something about him that I can’t put into words.

He’s capable of the sublime and very skilful - I think it’s worth the investment. :thumbsu:
Yes Agro, absolutely agree. Cuners does have something, be it x-factor or class or whatever you want to call it.
Imo he has the tools to be consistently damaging, yet he needs to wake up to the fact that his career is hanging in the balance. Would love to see him play with anger, uncompromising and full concentration.

Both Carlton and Geelong had 7 day breaks

6 vs 9 days is significant

We have less than 30 players fit and no doubt many playing through injury. Impossible to say it won’t be a factor

Interesting though that 2 of the guys that burn’t us didn’t play in the Brisbane wet the week before in Tuohy & Guthrie…… Stanley was also rested

Geelong held them over. You can do that when you have one best 23 player out and a majority of your depth playing.

That type of player management and conditioning is what we are competing with.

Both Carlton and Geelong had 7 day breaks

6 vs 9 days is significant

We have less than 30 players fit and no doubt many playing through injury. Impossible to say it won’t be a factor
We will get an extra days advantage plus hopefully players back going into the Melbourne game 6 vs 5 days !!

Yes Agro, absolutely agree. Cuners does have something, be it x-factor or class or whatever you want to call it.
Imo he has the tools to be consistently damaging, yet he needs to wake up to the fact that his career is hanging in the balance. Would love to see him play with anger, uncompromising and full concentration.
Of anyone on our list, he seems like exactly the type of player we need in our midfield mix: burst speed, quick feet, clean with the ball. Just can't get a consistent run at it.

Collingwood aren't as good as Geelong by a long shot. They are struggling for quality height. I think we really should win this one but we can't make bad mistakes and miss goals like we did against Geelong.

Cerra comes in and I think Durdin should come in for Young. Happy to have young fill in for Weitering for the odd game here and there but I really do not rate him. Not a natural footballer. Some skill and athleticism which gets him through. Durdin has that natural football nouse. McGovern a chance. I'd happily have McGovern come in to play CHB.

McGovern in for in for Young, if not Durdin. Really do not want to see Young and Weitering pared up again.
Cerra in for Carroll.
Cincotta in for Cowan? Maybe the young guy gets another go but I would be inclined for the harder body.
Fantasia? Maybe for Durdin.

Collingwood aren't as good as Geelong by a long shot. They are struggling for quality height. I think we really should win this one but we can't make bad mistakes and miss goals like we did against Geelong.

Cerra comes in and I think Durdin should come in for Young. Happy to have young fill in for Weitering for the odd game here and there but I really do not rate him. Not a natural footballer. Some skill and athleticism which gets him through. Durdin has that natural football nouse. McGovern a chance. I'd happily have McGovern come in to play CHB.

McGovern in for in for Young, if not Durdin. Really do not want to see Young and Weitering pared up again.
Cerra in for Carroll.
Cincotta in for Cowan? Maybe the young guy gets another go but I would be inclined for the harder body.
Fantasia? Maybe for Durdin.
Happy for us to try Sam Durdin. Can't be any less competitive than Lewis. If McG is right then he's in instead of Nigel. Cez is welcomed back with open arms. Not fussed about bringing Fantasia back as I think his output has been about as good as our other small forwards. Still, the smalls need to pay a price for not applying defensive heat, regardless of not hitting the scoreboard. I would persist with Cowan. He's a bit like Kemp in that he needs game time to build confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back