Autopsy 2024 Rd 6 Premiership Quarter Blue Blitz hands Giants their first loss

Who played well for the Blues in Round 6 vs the Giants?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel that when we get back most of our list healthy and available that we will have a surplus of players
that can get the job done and keep us in the top 4.

It would be good management IMO to rotate and rest players such as Crippa, Charlie, Newy, Blacres.......
Whoever may need it.

The last 6 weeks has shown we will have the depth to do this with players like Carroll, Young, Durds, Orazio and now Cowan etc.
getting the job done.

It will be a long and taxing season , to be in the best possible shape to play finals this could be a policy I think we should adopt.

To have our best possible 22 as fresh as possible come September, last year by the time we got to 1/4 time at the Gabba we were cooked.

Winning a home qualifying final and having a week off would be great as well.

Am I getting ahead of myself? :think:

Last edited:
I love our skipper he deserves a flag

Especially seeing he has been with us when we were crap, stick fat and helped lead the turn around in the team. Could have chased some big $$ in WA but is committed to blue success. I’ll have more than a few few (happy) tears in my eyes if he can lift the cup.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I feel that when we get back most of our list healthy and available that we will have a surplus of players
that can get the job done and keep us in the top 4.

It would be good management IMO to rotate and rest players such as Crippa, Charlie, Newy, Blacres.......
Whoever may need it.

The last 6 weeks has shown we will have the depth to do this with players like Carroll, Young, Durds, Orazio and now Cowan etc.
getting the job done.

It will be a long and taxing season , to be in the best possible shape to play finals this could be a policy I think we should adopt.

To have our best possible 22 as fresh as possible come September, last year by the time we got to 1/4 time at the Gabba we were cooked.

Winning a home qualifying final and having a week off would be great as well.

Am I getting ahead of myself? :think:
3 bottom teams in the last 5 rounds would help with that. North Hawthorn eagles with port, pies and saints in between them.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Also said when asked how many he’d kick on Sam, “kick 6 then reassess at half time”
emoji23.png
Almost exactly what Harry said about playing on Ben many years ago, though he said 8 before reassessing at the half. Set the standards higher Tommy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In particular Durdin’s - don’t want to be to picky because he played well - but that running shot to goal is “bread and butter” for any small forward

:thumbsu:
Ruthless teams need to be picky Agro...agree it was his bread and butter. In a closer game, we' be going nuts at him
The picture of Cripps and Hogan together at the Rising star awards back in 2015…Cripps at least equal height

*ing disgrace he didn’t win it that year, up there with Walkers mark for complete and utter disgraces

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

For those old buggers who can remember, I believe we were also robbed of the 1982 Norm Smith

Ruthless teams need to be picky Agro...agree it was his bread and butter. In a closer game, we' be going nuts at him

For those old buggers who can remember, I believe we were also robbed of the 1982 Norm Smith

How Maurice Rioli was awarded the Norm Smith Medal for a third quarter cameo over Wayne Johnston’s 4 quarter effort I’ll never know.

:rolleyes:

Well the excitement has died down. I've watched the replay with Sinjin Jnr (2nd half twice) and had a wonderful day with Sinjin Snr.

Now my fellow Blue BF'ers do you know what is more impressive than the Cripps and Walsh demolition job?? More impressive than the twin towers?? More impressive than Pitto's brute strength??

Ive broken the curse!! I came into our delightful preview thread, I said "heck it, Carlton will win" I duly changed my tip and bang its done!! Mods, got no idea on how to reference it but it is there!!

I am free of that dreaded possession of pessimism, Arr0w will never have to put up with my endless list of why we cant win again.

Also, might have been said but from watching live I had Kennedy in the top 5. He was ******* brilliant. Any person that says he is not in our best 22 (looking at you main stream media) needs their head read.

In amongst all the high fiving and ass slapping a quick shout out to Acres.

He's quickly climbing my ranking of proper hard units, both in his unbelievable gut running and ability to play through discomfort.

He's not right in the head and I'm glad he's ours.
My one concern this season is that he's eliminated his usual early shot for goal going OOTF. Because after that attempt last season he'd go on full blown beast mode for the rest of the game (it was like his starting trigger).

Cripps will win another Brownlow or two if the midfield clicks like that every week.

The most pleasing thing is it seems it’s sustainable for him. He’s not expected to put the team on his shoulders; he has a role at the stoppage and he carries it out. His size allows him to absorb hits, but not in a way that overtly puts him at harm. His pressure is around the contest and he’s not expected to expend his energy chasing tail from poor turnovers; it’s about preventing those turnovers by closing the contest. Something his 90kg+ frame is pretty good at doing.

I was worried he’d be a Fyfe and cook his body his late 20s, but he’s come to rely on his IQ (and size) rather than his athleticism.
I suspect Diesel has been a factor in this regard. Cripps is a 195cm tall version of Diesel. Diesel had no speed like Cripps but used his strengths to aplomb and his footy IQ to get his damaging 30+ week in week out.

I understand the modern game is turnovers but we look so much better when we win clearances through the middle.

I get we’ve tried to get a better balance through the first part of the season but when we go beast mode I’m not sure anyone can stop us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
See that's what I find odd. The modern game tends to become what the reigning premiers have concocted and adapted. Why can't a team just use their strengths and develop a game plan to suit it and compete. The follow the leader mentality of the AFL is one thing I always scratch my head over.

Back