List Mgmt. 2024 Mid Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I think people need to get this idea that Coburg is the steaming pile of garbage that we saw the past two years out of their head.
It’s a different team, they’ve recruited strongly. They pushed Williamstown right to the end, who look to be a top 4 side, the game before they beat us. I expect them to push for finals this year.
That may be Apex. But it’s still a vfl team. This whole topic has blown out of proportion. As I said, Dave stated Ned Long would be good for our midfield atm. To suggest mids struggling with winning clearances at vfl lvl would fix our afl is just ridiculous. That all I said. I’ll leave it at that

That may be Apex. But it’s still a vfl team. This whole topic has blown out of proportion. As I said, Dave stated Ned Long would be good for our midfield atm. To suggest mids struggling with winning clearances at vfl lvl would fix our afl is just ridiculous. That all I said. I’ll leave it at that
True it’s a VFL team, but as a general rule VFL teams are stacked with seasoned players in their mid 20’s, not developing 18-22 year olds.
While I don’t think any of us would expect them to be beaten quite so badly, we’d all do well to remember that 3 of our starting mids are 19, 21 and 22.
In addition to that those struggling young mids all put up excellent numbers against Carlton in the previous game.
You’re right that our reserve mids aren’t going to come in and be difference makers, but I feel like the narrative has been a little unfairly stacked against them here too.

True it’s a VFL team, but as a general rule VFL teams are stacked with seasoned players in their mid 20’s, not developing 18-22 year olds.
While I don’t think any of us would expect them to be beaten quite so badly, we’d all do well to remember that 3 of our starting mids are 19, 21 and 22.
In addition to that those struggling young mids all put up excellent numbers against Carlton in the previous game.
You’re right that our reserve mids aren’t going to come in and be difference makers, but I feel like the narrative has been a little unfairly stacked against them here too.
As per the VFL rules, you need to play at least 7 U22 players. Its a development league after all. About developing younger players.

MATCH SELECTION

• All clubs to field 23 players per match, comprising the following:
  • VFL standalone: A minimum of six under-22 players.
  • AFL and aligned: A minimum of seven under-22 players, including a 23rd man who must be an active 18-19yo player from the club’s development list, an aligned NAB League club or Northern Academy. Under-18 players must be approved by the AFL and a player cannot be named 23rd man more than four times in a season without approval.
During pre-season, I overheard the staff say the average age of our VFL list is 22yrs. Its actually quite young and inexperienced especially with the loss of Tardrew and Hustwaite. Wilson no longer playing midfield as he allows others to get experience in there, as he is there for leadership.
They would have learned a lot from last week's loss. They'll come out stronger tomorrow.

As per the VFL rules, you need to play at least 7 U22 players. Its a development league after all. About developing younger players.

MATCH SELECTION

• All clubs to field 23 players per match, comprising the following:
  • VFL standalone: A minimum of six under-22 players.
  • AFL and aligned: A minimum of seven under-22 players, including a 23rd man who must be an active 18-19yo player from the club’s development list, an aligned NAB League club or Northern Academy. Under-18 players must be approved by the AFL and a player cannot be named 23rd man more than four times in a season without approval.
During pre-season, I overheard the staff say the average age of our VFL list is 22yrs. Its actually quite young and inexperienced especially with the loss of Tardrew and Hustwaite. Wilson no longer playing midfield as he allows others to get experience in there, as he is there for leadership.
They would have learned a lot from last week's loss. They'll come out stronger tomorrow.
6 for standalone.

But you just said on the game day thread :

Not everyone dominates at VFL Level to get a AFL Game
Very True but did nothing I seen that get me excited like before the Bye

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping we take Jack Mayo from W.A. 195cm forward/ruck who can do both very well. He's a big unit and likes to bounce around the ground getting involved. Very athletic and strong. Or, it miight just be the name that has me interested
Unless he has a massive leap, 195cm doesn’t make him a competitive AFL Ruckman.
Begg is 197cm with a good leap and struggles.
I see Mayo as a Kreuger substitute.

Mayo had both knees heavily strapped in that vid. Coming back from ACL.

Lee Walker, Butch Edwards vibes.

PASS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back