List Mgmt. 2024 Mid Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Japer Scaife
If there’s no standouts he’s the kind of kid I’d like us to take a punt on. Only 20, seems to be developing. They take time at that height. He’s quite well built even now

Read he’s a former Fremantle NGA.

I like his mobility

Would provide a target (or decoy target), has some size and could bring the ball to ground without constantly being pushed out of the contest, looks agile enough to provide F50 pressure.
The pickings seem slim but he might be one to watch

Does he show some ability in a contested marking situation?

He does look mobile though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
i believe so, he certainly knows how to use his body in the ruck also. I'm sort of pissing in the wind and trying to find a potential Forward/Ruck but there not much around

If there’s no standouts he’s the kind of kid I’d like us to take a punt on. Only 20, seems to be developing. They take time at that height. He’s quite well built even now

Read he’s a former Fremantle NGA.
you're in that part of the world, go and do your due Dilligence and give us the goss on this fella

From the young guns game I thought Oskar Smartt looked good, only reason I suggest him is he looked to be an aggressive forward who could develop as a contested ball winning mid.

Lachlan McArthur also looked good a lead up forward who is 190cm born in december and is really good above his head and quick.

A throw at the stumps is Evan Smith, looks like he could have more mobile than Begg.

From the young guns game I thought Oskar Smartt looked good, only reason I suggest him is he looked to be an aggressive forward who could develop as a contested ball winning mid.

Lachlan McArthur also looked good a lead up forward who is 190cm born in december and is really good above his head and quick.

A throw at the stumps is Evan Smith, looks like he could have more mobile than Begg.

Didn’t see a single ground ball get or clearance so not sure Smith has more mobility or agility than Begg.
Smith just seems like another big vanilla fwd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

52d971819eac2bbf65db306e9428eae9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it’s a need so happy for his name to be thrown out there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We have a need in every position bar potentially small forward and small backs. Any midfielders, wingers, on ballers, rucks, key backs or key forwards fill a need.

We are losing some serious talent over the next season or two.

In the draft we are better off getting best available and then trading for need.

I was rewatching our VFL game and I thought Jackson Hately played well against us and then I went and looked at his stats. He is been leading in clearances and tackles in a lot of his games.

Maybe he would be good as a defensive midfielder, might still have som growth.

I was rewatching our VFL game and I thought Jackson Hately played well against us and then I went and looked at his stats. He is been leading in clearances and tackles in a lot of his games.

Not sure why he was delisted from Adelaide. He was expected to find a new home but didn't. Off-field maybe?

Hey Hoofa, he kinda caught my eye a bit as well. Looked very composed as well

He was a fairly high pick if I remember. Have you spotted any Key Position players that might fill a need for us in the MSD
Lachie Young (KPD) and that's about it.

Callow remains an option but I don't think he'll be coming. Sofrinidis is no longer an option.

So we're down to few options.

If ever we had a need for a Forward/Ruck, it's this draft. I'm hoping we have someone earmarked for that.
Give up with Beggy in the ruck, play him wherever on-field for the rest of the season. He struggles against men younger than him and is flogged against men. If your best skill as a ruck is ground work, that's not a great sign given your best needs to be over your head. Let's be real: Begg's time as a ruck is over. We need to find someone 22-25 that has played well in a state league and could play AFL if needed.

I would also consider another midfielder because we will need to be replacing them and we're weak in this area. Find a leading player for clearance work across the VFL or SANFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back