List Mgmt. 2024 Mid Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

It depends how we rated him and how close we were to listing him. Their stated plan was to only take 2 and leave a spot open for MSD. But they must have liked the 3 they took. They may have also liked Teakle, but it's all a guess.

I do think we need a back up ruck. Frampton is currently important to the defence and those who were a chance to play ruck forward have fallen in a hole or in Kreugers case stayed in a hole. Both ruck and the forward line are in trouble if one of our rucks get injured and it's a position that cops a lot of injuries.

But who knows, with Eyre back soon and Dean going well in the 2s perhaps they will be willing to move Billy. Or maybe McStays recovery is going well enough that they think it's unnecessary.
I don't think we'd be moving Big Billy.
He seems to have found his spot and has played well there.

b4a7f8b6991059e7d2a9e5e3e9ce238c.jpg

cd90b5c0642925ed5edebfdc2fd1debd.jpg

f5ff35fd72efb80533a82c70112bf628.jpg

2c9c2d9b02f6646ff6382785d5dd95bc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think we'd be moving Big Billy.
He seems to have found his spot and has played well there.
I hope you're right, but think we'll need to add a ruck in MSD unless they're backing in Kreugs or Begg. What would we do at the moment if Cameron or Cox gets injured?

I hope you're right, but think we'll need to add a ruck in MSD unless they're backing in Kreugs or Begg. What would we do at the moment if Cameron or Cox gets injured?
I don't think another ruck is at the point of necessity.

Frampton is still an option. Dean seems to be rated highly and could get another chance in defence if Billy needed to fill in at some point.

Another option is to go with one ruck. Not really an issue if short term.

On the more desperate end (for different reasons) are Begg, Krueger and AJ.

We might look for a ruck in the MSD, but don't think it's critical enough to override a better option if available.

I don't think another ruck is at the point of necessity.

Frampton is still an option. Dean seems to be rated highly and could get another chance in defence if Billy needed to fill in at some point.

Another option is to go with one ruck. Not really an issue if short term.

On the more desperate end (for different reasons) are Begg, Krueger and AJ.

We might look for a ruck in the MSD, but don't think it's critical enough to override a better option if available.
There's been about 2 AFL senior players come out of that draft. Unless you're a bottom team that has the first pick of a kid who has suddenly jumped a level I wouldn't bother with it at all - except as emergency depth - I'd be going a ruck this year for that reason.

Now that I’ve watched it I actually really liked the games of Kade De La Rue and Tarkyn O’Leary.

Reckon they both offer something interesting.

De La Rue showed the same precision skills and good decision making.

O’Leary, despite his size - which is supposed to be 180cm now, just offers that extreme burst of speed to go with tidy disposal
Tarkyn O’Leary would be a brilliant Collingwood name

Isn’t Teakle a ruckman?
Yep. But because we don't have a tall forward who can ruck we use our 2nd ruck in packs up forward, which both Cox and Cameron can do. So if either get injured it effects both the ruck and forward line. A back up ruck would give us options if either he's injured.

Yep. But because we don't have a tall forward who can ruck we use our 2nd ruck in packs up forward, which both Cox and Cameron can do. So if either get injured it effects both the ruck and forward line. A back up ruck would give us options if either he's injured.
I need you to look at Jack Mayo in the WAFL and give me an opinion. I like him but highlights, you know. He moves very well and can take a mark. Looks good in the ruck also

I need you to look at Jack Mayo in the WAFL and give me an opinion. I like him but highlights, you know. He moves very well and can take a mark. Looks good in the ruck also
Are you putting Mayo on him?

I'm not the one to ask about draftees. We just need someone who provides a consistent contest. I'm just hoping McStay returns and that we get a ruck for depth in the msd as I think a kpp who can compete is unlikely.

No injuries and I think we will go back to back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you putting Mayo on him?

I'm not the one to ask about draftees. We just need someone who provides a consistent contest. I'm just hoping McStay returns and that we get a ruck for depth in the msd as I think a kpp who can compete is unlikely.

No injuries and I think we will go back to back.
There is also Eyre and Freddy I suppose. If only one comes good before the end of the year, we should be even better

There is also Eyre and Freddy I suppose. If only one comes good before the end of the year, we should be even better
Or Dean. I like him but more for the future. Didn't look strong enough yet.

Depth is our issue in smalls too as the youngsters haven't kicked on. Hopefully we don't need it. I don't mind Harrison as at least what he does is impactful - which is what McRae wants from our flankers

Or Dean. I like him but more for the future. Didn't look strong enough yet.

Depth is our issue in smalls too as the youngsters haven't kicked on. Hopefully we don't need it. I don't mind Harrison as at least what he does is impactful - which is what McRae wants from our flankers
Nothing much has been said of Dean but he looks to be going along very nicely in the VFL. He is finding the ball and intercepting very well, he just needs more footy time and he could be very handy

Why would we pick up a guy who failed to impress and we then overlooked?
Unless of course he’s happy to take a 6 month contract- which I doubt.
I’d rather take a 6 month gamble on another Ruck, who may have more potential.
What makes you think that?

Was Markov overlooked last year because he failed to impress?

Nothing much has been said of Dean but he looks to be going along very nicely in the VFL. He is finding the ball and intercepting very well, he just needs more footy time and he could be very handy
Yeah I think him and Jiath are the most promising kids in the VFL from what I've seen. I do like Richards too, but probably too small.

What makes you think that?

Was Markov overlooked last year because he failed to impress?
They clearly liked him, but maybe wasn't in the top 3 prospects. I mean sure they could have gone a mid, def and a ruck, but for reasons they think we need more depth on the wing, they chose bytel.

Are there any better available? Teakle was alright at AFL level last year and is dominant at state league level this year
Bytel has been in good form but not taking Teakle is a head scratcher given the performances of Begg. Surely we weren’t expecting Begg to magically improve and Steeney is still raw.

If Begg wants to be a ruckman, his future is not at Collingwood. He can’t compete against people his own age in the VFL. He fatigues easily and gives away frees.

The future of ruck divisions should be mostly from state leagues that could play straight away. We won a flag with a swimmer and a former soccer player/basketballer not the first rounder or some late smokey who looked good at 18 or 19.

Bytel has been in good form but not taking Teakle is a head scratcher given the performances of Begg. Surely we weren’t expecting Begg to magically improve and Steeney is still raw.

If Begg wants to be a ruckman, his future is not at Collingwood. He can’t compete against people his own age in the VFL. He fatigues easily and gives away frees.

The future of ruck divisions should be mostly from state leagues that could play straight away. We won a flag with a swimmer and a former soccer player/basketballer not the first rounder or some late smokey who looked good at 18 or 19.
Rucks can still be weapons, but it's ack to the future with the ones you want are the blokes who can clunk it a kick behind the play or rest forward and take some clunks. The extra ruck rover type that clubs were fantasising about can be good too, but it's the more physical ones, not the lighter agile ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back