List Mgmt. 2024 Mid Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

A couple of interesting names being floated around of all the 190cm + only one I could find footage of was Ryan Eyre. Riak Andrew the brother of Mac Andrew

Max Mapley and Iliro Smit are two ruck/forwards are interesting talls.

A couple of interesting names being floated around of all the 190cm + only one I could find footage of was Ryan Eyre. Riak Andrew the brother of Mac Andrew

Max Mapley and Iliro Smit are two ruck/forwards are interesting talls.

Yeah, bring Ryan in to play with his brother.

Haven’t had a chance to watch it yet but here’s the link to watch the replay of the young guns game

Haven’t had a chance to watch it yet but here’s the link to watch the replay of the young guns game

Have you anyone in mind rusty?, I like the players you put up. I haven't even bothered to take notice of other comps this year, I'm getting lazy

Is he any good? I read he did an ACL in his draft year. from the school footy he looks a likely type.
He's not as tall as his brother. Around 192cm these days. Essendon overlooked him last year in his draft year. Had had a few injuries, but playing well so far this year.
Is part of the calder cannons and essendon's vfl side (castlemaine is his local club)

Last few coates leagues games he has had 18 disposals, 5 marks.
Looks like his brother lol

Have you anyone in mind rusty?, I like the players you put up. I haven't even bothered to take notice of other comps this year, I'm getting lazy
I watched it and from what I saw I had a few observations

Geordie Payne looked good, I think he had 5 shots at goal and scored 2.3 184cm small defender playing as a small forward (pretty sure we interviewed him)

Oskar Smartt looked really good, I think he kicked 3 goals from 4 or 5 shots he was a tough little nugget 180cm small forward

Ben Hopkins looked really good, kind of reminded me of Angus Hastie 190cm rebounding defender

Will McLachlan also looked really good as a high half forward at 184cm

I thought Remy Maclean had some nice moments as a mobile key forward at 196cm kind of played like Archer Reid

My pick of the bunch was Lachie McArthur kind of reminded me of a 190cm Ginnivan but can also play in defence and quick (kicked 3)

Did not really notice Riak Andrew or Ryan Eyre they did not do much from what I could see.

My 1,2,3 would be 1 Will McLachlan, 2 Oskar Smartt, 3 Ben Hopkins - also would be happy to take a punt on Geordie Payne

I understand most of these players are small to medium forwards or rebounding defenders that we have an absolute abundance of but I think these were the best players of that game. The rucks, key forwards and key backs didn't really stand out to me.

Last edited:

Geordie Payne looked good, I think he had 5 shots at goal and scored 2.3 184cm small defender playing as a small forward (pretty sure we interviewed him)

Oskar Smartt looked really good, I think he kicked 3 goals from 4 or 5 shots he was a tough little nugget 180cm small forward

Ben Hopkins looked really good, kind of reminded me of Angus Hastie 190cm rebounding defender

Will McLachlan also looked really good as a high half forward at 184cm

I thought Remy Maclean had some nice moments as a mobile key forward at 196cm kind of played like Archer Reid

My pick of the bunch was Lachie McArthur kind of reminded me of a 190cm Ginnivan but can also play in defence and quick.

Did not really notice Riak Andrew or Ryan Eyre they did not do much from what I could see.

My 1,2,3 would be 1 Will McLachlan, 2 Oskar Smartt, 3 Ben Hopkins - also would be happy to take a punt on Geordie Payne

I understand most of these players are small to medium forwards or rebounding defenders that we have an absolute abundance of but I think these were the best players of that game. The rucks, key forwards and key backs didn't really stand out to me.
Thank's Hoofy, much appreciated

Still haven’t had a chance to watch the game so hard to say who imposes. Will try to do it tomorrow. But based on his performances as an overager so far I still say McLachlan.

As I’ve also said Patrick Hughes is worth a look even though he didn’t play in this game.

He’s down my way so have had a chance to talk to a few people about him and they reckon he’s a ripper. Reckon he’ll slide into the Cat VFL side at some stage. Maybe after the MSD since they don’t have a pick.

Edit: Looks like he actually played VFL for the cats last weekend (20/04), and did ok for his first game, so now I’m going to have to start watching their games…

Adam D’Aloia and Kobe Ryan are still two guys who have been performing well as overlooked youngsters in the SANFL. Either would be worth considering.

To be honest at the time I would have preferred Kobe over Jakob, if we were set on selecting a Ryan out of SA during their draft.

Last edited:

I’ll be interested to watch the game to pay attention to Geordie. I remember there were some rumours we were interested in him during the draft.

Actually one other I quite liked is Michael Rudd.

He is now part of the Carlton VFL squad but is back playing at St Mary’s in Geelong and kicked 3 goals last week. Really reckon that if he didn’t make it as a third key forward he could be retooled to make a great intercepting third tall back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MID-SEASON DRAFT BOLTER IMPRESSES

Collingwood VFL coach Josh Fraser has given a ringing endorsement of midfielder Ned Long’s mid-season draft aspirations aftera blinding start to his season at the Pies.

Long was on Hawthorn’s list and has now moved to the Pies VFL squad, who might end up looking elsewhere in the mid-seasondraft given they need key talls and took inside mid Lachie Sullivan as a summer rookie.

Long played five games across two seasons at the Hawks and has averaged an astonishing 8.5 tackles, five clearances and 25 touches in four VFL games for the Pies.

“I have been really impressed with Ned. He came into the program at VFL level, he’s made us better straight away with howhe plays,” Fraser said.

“He is just so combative around stoppage and contest and has a great ability to get the ball to others. He can play multipleroles, we have used him 90 per cent as a mid but he can play different parts of the ground.

“I would be (surprised if he wasn’t taken), but I look at it through a very narrow lens because I watch him every week. Idon’t know what else is out there but everything he has done so far has impressed. He is a guy I think would add a lot of interest from others from a mid-season perspective.”

2 picks now steene is lti surley!?

Posted on injured thread

Pick up teakle and hopefully one of long or Hutchinson

Would make us have more depth in short term and a project player

2 picks now steene is lti surley!?

Posted on injured thread

Pick up teakle and hopefully one of long or Hutchinson

Would make us have more depth in short term and a project player
HS article implies we wont go a mid in Long, given we already picked up Sullivan as an inside mid. That we'd be looking.. at talls..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back