List Mgmt. 2024 Mid Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn’t have minded Derksen, reckon he would have fit the archetype we are looking for.

I’d still be interested in Derksen at the end of the year.

If we could line up a couple of targets like Derksen, Gruzewski or Moyle for the end of the year I’d be inclined to go with Long mid season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Long looks like Mihocek for the midfield.
Maybe. To the eye he’s a more refined, slightly faster version of Rupert Wills. Whether or not that can translate at AFL level is up for debate.

Maybe. To the eye he’s a more refined, slightly faster version of Rupert Wills. Whether or not that can translate at AFL level is up for debate.

Reminds me of a more bulked up John McCarthy.

If we do take him, I'd prefer us to take him at the end of the year rather than in the MSD.

My big fear is that the bleating about Mitchell, JDG, Pendles, Nick and Crisp keeping Macrae out of the team is just going to double if they're keeping Macrae and Long out of the team.

Ah my second favorite Rupert!

I haven’t seen enough of Long to make a judgement but I think I can see where you’re going there.

He’d certainly want to be faster.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If we do take him, I'd prefer us to take him at the end of the year rather than in the MSD.

My big fear is that the bleating about Mitchell, JDG, Pendles, Nick and Crisp keeping Macrae out of the team is just going to double if they're keeping Macrae and Long out of the team.
His best performance at AFL level is still well below Fins best showing, or even Fins debut in his first year for that matter.
I definitely love him as a VFL player but I need more convincing that he’s AFL caliber.

My question on Long is: does he have the AFL- level agility to go with the tackling intent?

(I'm not saying he doesn't - I'm asking).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Team took him on as a Rookie/SSP so something the club might not rate him at AFL Level

My question on Long is: does he have the AFL- level agility to go with the tackling intent?

(I'm not saying he doesn't - I'm asking).

He’s slow hand-to-foot, that left foot snap goal in the VFL, I don’t think he’d have gotten that kick away against AFL defenders.

Granted, it was his non-preferred and allowances must be made.

It'll be a tough choice. Do we draft a Coleman medallist or a Brownlow medallist?

giphy.gif

It'll be a tough choice. Do we draft a Coleman medallist or a Brownlow medallist?
Coleman is the greater need, given we already have the Brownlow in the bag for the next ten years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back