Preview 2024 Mid Season Draft Prospects & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Ned Long Stats updated:
R1. 25 disposals, 17 tackles and 3 clearances.
R2. 28 disposals, 6 tackles and 9 clearances
R3. 28 disposals, 4 tackles, 5 clearances

Update stats:
R1. 25 disposals, 17 tackles and 3 clearances
R2. 28 disposals, 6 tackles and 9 clearances
R3. 28 disposals, 4 tackles, 5 clearances
R4. 19 disposals, 7 tackles, 3 clearances

I've been on him since before R1 this year, he needs a couple more big performances and consistent perfomances before the mid season draft.
One thing i'd like to see him do is hit the scoreboard, he can do it, but is currently at 2 goals 8 behinds for the year.

I'm not entirely sure mate. That's the first article I've seen that's linked him to the MSD. Like every year there will be some clubs that don't take a pick to the MSD, while others will have specific role players in mind.

Long would suit us perfectly as a big bodied midfielder who loves to tackle.
I would take him with our first based on need and form.
I agree, from a needs perspective a big bodied mid with some mobility and tackling intent is the highest priority - I was just disappointed watching the state game he wasn't given more CBA time compared to the likes of Woodcock

How old is Long?
played a couple of games for Hawthorn before getting pushed out

YearTeamGMKHDMGBTHOFFFAGAI50CLCGR50BL
2023​
4*​
14​
20​
34​
6​
1​
1​
16​
1​
1​
2​
2​
5​
2​
5​
2​
2022​
1​
10​
1​
11​
7​
0​
0​
1​
0​
1​
1​
0​
1​
1​
2​
3​

I think with Long, the questions are why the Hawks delisted him, and what has changed that now makes him an exciting AFL prospect.

His numbers for Collingwood don't appear too different to his numbers at Box Hill last year. Did the Hawks stuff this one up, or are there other limitations keeping him from being on an AFL list?

I think with Long, the questions are why the Hawks delisted him, and what has changed that now makes him an exciting AFL prospect.

His numbers for Collingwood don't appear too different to his numbers at Box Hill last year. Did the Hawks stuff this one up, or are there other limitations keeping him from being on an AFL list?
Behind Newcombe and Day was one reason

I think its a bit of bad luck, and a bit of how the hawks operate, he sits behind a few big bodies at the hawks.
Will Day, Newcome, Nash, Worpell even they've got that tagging role wrapped up with Maginness.
And I bet you take the same mantle as Clarko, we're looking for players who are going to stand up in the last week of sept.

At present we're looking for a solid B-Grader who can play their part until one of these A grade kids can mature.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WHat's his story that bloke? He's clearly pretty bloody good. Was he just never good enough for rep teams etc?
He was going through the process with Brisbane (I think) and had to have a talk with them bc they didn’t like his social media.

was good in the NTFL & QAFL

WHat's his story that bloke? He's clearly pretty bloody good. Was he just never good enough for rep teams etc?

Master of self promotion who is more interested in his stats than the team result.

Like Kane Cornes without skills :)

I wonder how much he makes from social media, he could of made the AFL but he has more freedom and doesn't have to follow the standards of being an elite athlete

I wonder how much he makes from social media, he could of made the AFL but he has more freedom and doesn't have to follow the standards of being an elite athlete
No chance he could've played AFL. He played OMFNL last year, probably a top 5 local league in the country and he just looked like another player out there. I don't even hate on him I think his content is a cool niche for those that enjoy that stuff, but he's in no way an AFL talent.

No chance he could've played AFL. He played OMFNL last year, probably a top 5 local league in the country and he just looked like another player out there. I don't even hate on him I think his content is a cool niche for those that enjoy that stuff, but he's in no way an AFL talent.
Not on recent form, but he had good form in the colts when he was teen. If he was as determined as a player like laz, he probably would of made it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back