I looked at his stats last night and they arent too bad

I dont watch North much so no eye test

Averages for this year are at 27 disposals - 91 games age 25 next year

Will he adapt to a forward pocket - I dont know

I like him and am surprised there are so many non-fans on this board. But everyone's allowed their own opinion.

He hasn't been good this year from watching. He absolutely can be elite though. Seems to get injured every year too.

Are we sure?

He'd only played 31 games. He was coming off a good year but also coming off a very low base.

I guess he wouldn't have signed long-term unless it was pretty generous.
His manager was very smart signing him off his best season when we had ample cap space.

He was one of our top 4 paid, but probably not after signing both Dawson & Rabkine.

Regardless ROB is being paid as an elite ruckman, when he isn't one.

I'm not sure they don't know. I'm pretty sure they knew in 2020 as well.

The coaching group isn't strong enough, but they gave up on trying to improve it for this year.
We were unwilling to spend the money needed & too concerned about upsetting Burns... which is a poor decision as it the key reason why we are going to miss finals & waste yet another year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LDU is nearly 25, injury-prone, has never made the AA squad of 40 and has never won a B&F despite playing in a rabble.

That's not the CV of a player I'd be willing to pay top dollar/give away a top 10 pick for.

Last edited:
LDU is nearly 25, injury-prone, has never made the AA squad of 40 and has never won a B&F despite playing in a rabble.

That's not the CV of a player I'd be willing to pay top dollar/give away a top 10 pick for.
To be fair, you just described Rankine.

We were unwilling to spend the money needed & too concerned about upsetting Burns... which is a poor decision as it the key reason why we are going to miss finals & waste yet another year.
We need a few new titles - Senior Strategy Executive or Director of Coaching. Something so the Ruttens of the world who wouldn't come unless it was for a promotion could feel okay with the decision ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back