• McDonald

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 77 51.3%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 9 6.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

LDU would be a great get, floundering this year at north but can hardly blame him. has seem unreal burst and agility and gets some cleannn clearances that we do not get. capable of kicking a goal as well. doubt hed come here though so lets just stick with the chad

We have lots of clearance weapons. We need some players who can do something constructive with it.

This is it in a nutshell. We need players who can create and take opportunities. We have an over-abundance of grunt players.

Until we can get, or develop, some of those creative type players we will struggle to kick a winning score on a regular basis. Our scoring is torturous to say the least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have lots of clearance weapons. We need some players who can do something constructive with it.
But could fall apart at end of year.
Fyfe
JOM
Brodie
Erasmus

All will have to consider offers, possible trades - Brodie, Erasmus.

Would love the club to prioritise Erasmus and Brodie, otherwise in 1-2 years there’s going to be nothing depth wise

Fyfe
JOM
Brodie
Erasmus

Would love the club to prioritise Erasmus and Brodie, otherwise in 1-2 years there’s going to be nothing depth wise
I don't think Erasmus is in a great hurry. He seems to like playing at Peel and continuing to develop his game. I guess we have to decide if there is anything to be gained by playing him as sub or whether getting full games at Peel would be better for now. I would like to see him play inside mid/ forward for Peel. I would hate to see him lose his forward ability like Serong has.
Brodie I imagine is quite peeved.

Bailey Smith is more chance of moving interstate than LDU. Don't lose focus on the real targets.

I would look at Shannon Neale from Geelong, athletic 203cm Key Position forward who can also Ruck. He can't get a regular gig at Geelong because of their plethora of KP forward stocks. This kid can play and if he was on our list now he would be getting a game. At the moment we have no options up forward when we bomb it in long.
I understand the appeal and have mentioned this idea previously.

Neale fits in really well for them with Hawkins in his twilight. If they win another premiership this year Hawkins may retire. If not, I think Hawkins plays one more year. Neale would be very aware of that, and the rest of their forward line is looking good.

Also, I'm not sure how he fits for us. My preferred KPF structure is Amiss, Treacy, Jackson. If we can't get that threesome to do the job, I don't see how Neale improves it. But the rest of our forward line looks in need of a rejig.

If Neale is asking for a trade, different story, but I wouldn't overpay.

Hence why I said trail Jackson, Darcy, Tabs, Amiss, Treacy.
Jackson isn’t a tall forward- he’s a horrendous mark at times for his height.

Would keep the 3 talls and Jackson can just go around in the mid, wing and do what he wants. It’s not like the team is troubling opposition with small and medium forwards..
Longmuir and Jackson need a break down at Margaret River with a swag of tapes of Jeremy Cameron to watch.

He can't kick or mark the same, but he is a player who disrupts the opposition's game plan.

I would look at Shannon Neale from Geelong, athletic 203cm Key Position forward who can also Ruck. He can't get a regular gig at Geelong because of their plethora of KP forward stocks. This kid can play and if he was on our list now he would be getting a game. At the moment we have no options up forward when we bomb it in long.
can you give Bevo a tombstone please, ta

Fyfe
JOM
Brodie
Erasmus

We've got depth to cover those players though right?

Back