• McDonald

Votes: 26 17.6%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 8 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo should be the last supporters saying a 1 year contracted player isn’t getting traded. Neale, Schultz, Weller, Lobb, Hill…
I’d love Warner but he will cost a bomb.
We will have to trade in someone as we basically did nothing last offseason and going 2 years in a row like that would be a tough sell to members expecting a flag and a team heading “into the window”

Freo should be the last supporters saying a 1 year contracted player isn’t getting traded. Neale, Schultz, Weller, Lobb, Hill…
That's fair, but in all those cases you needed players who actively wanted to leave, in a decent amount of them it seemed untenable locker-room wise to keep them around, in the majority we received "too good to refuse" offers (in the sense that if we kept them around we'd get significantly less the next year), in none of them really would the thought have been "keeping this player another year could be a premiership winning difference" (with Warner it may well be), and with Neale in particular I assume part of the thought was "get in the draft currency so we can get Lobb and Hogan without trading a F1" (in hindsight, awful decision).

A lot would have to happen for Sydney to think trading Warner this year is the right move: he'd obviously have to hand in the trade request for a move home and say that he's definitely moving either this year or next, the offer would have to be insane, and Sydney would probably need to have something else lined up like entering the Bailey Smith race (I'm not even sure that'd be persuasive enough, but he's 1 of the bigger unsigned names left and plays midfield).

That's fair, but in all those cases you needed players who actively wanted to leave, in a decent amount of them it seemed untenable locker-room wise to keep them around, in the majority we received "too good to refuse" offers (in the sense that if we kept them around we'd get significantly less the next year), in none of them really would the thought have been "keeping this player another year could be a premiership winning difference" (with Warner it may well be), and with Neale in particular I assume part of the thought was "get in the draft currency so we can get Lobb and Hogan without trading a F1" (in hindsight, awful decision).

A lot would have to happen for Sydney to think trading Warner this year is the right move: he'd obviously have to hand in the trade request for a move home and say that he's definitely moving either this year or next, the offer would have to be insane, and Sydney would probably need to have something else lined up like entering the Bailey Smith race (I'm not even sure that'd be persuasive enough, but he's 1 of the bigger unsigned names left and plays midfield).
Exactly

This talk of getting Warner this year is deadset dreamland stuff
- It’ll be hard enough next year!

Do people just forget how the swans do business when it comes to players that they want to keep ,who request a trade under contract?(and that’s ASSUMING he even wants out this year!)

going all the way back to Ryan okeefe up to Tom papley only few ago , were examples of players adamant they wanted out only for swans to refuse their request and ultimately end up staying at the swans

And it won’t matter with the whole
“Oh but they ll get more this year for him blah blah” stance because the swans have shown scant regard for that way of thinking previously in trade negotiations with players they want to keep , especially as they are in the midst of a premiership assault and the chads in their top 3 players and essential to that push .

instead they ll just back their culture in to keep the player , like theyve always done.

Move on , try next year

Warner is the sort of player who likes to fend off, strut and kick goals and so forth. There's good reason why he comfortably leads the poll in this thread ... he is the opposite of everything we do. I doubt it would be very appealing to play at Freo under such a dour gameplan, especially when his own side is 2nd for scoring and plays a style of football that can win a flag.

Maybe in 6-7 years he will come home to collect a retirement cheque alongside some of his old buddies from the Sharks.

Warner is the sort of player who likes to fend off, strut and kick goals and so forth. There's good reason why he comfortably leads the poll in this thread ... he is the opposite of everything we do. I doubt it would be very appealing to play at Freo under such a dour gameplan, especially when his own side is 2nd for scoring and plays a style of football that can win a flag.

Maybe in 6-7 years he will come home to collect a retirement cheque alongside some of his old buddies from the Sharks.

Erasmus likes to do fend off too, he just doesn't achieve it quite yet

busslinger trade. Relatively cheap get, wa boy coming home. Currently in vfl as starved of afl opps.

Cox then into forwards.

Warner would be awesome. Baker somewhat of a possibility. But its the bargains that build a premiership team

Listening to the Purple Reign and Restump podcasts, I am convinced that Luke Jackson is the inside mid bull that we need. Not a primary ruckman and not a KPF. Let him recieve from Darcy, fend off, run forward and kick a goal. Harley Jackson.

And with that, we still need a KPF like Logan McDonald. (And a small forward.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought LDU was supposed to be one of the 1st pillars of their rebuild. Why would they let him go. Madness if they did, especially after JHF walking.
Never underestimate the torture that North can put themselves through.

I've only looked at two pages since the weekend's game...here, to wallow with people who are just as miserable as me and the North board, to understand what true suffering is all about.

I thought LDU was supposed to be one of the 1st pillars of their rebuild. Why would they let him go. Madness if they did, especially after JHF walking.

They're not trying to but when a players career is 15 wins and 70 odd losses he might try his luck elsewhere.

They're not trying to but when a players career is 15 wins and 70 odd losses he might try his luck elsewhere.
We could probably look at the Lions list too.
That Vegas trip is sure to upset a few players, interesting that Starcevich
only signed a one year deal till 2025.
Doubt they make top 4, and Who takes over from Fagan?

Listening to the Purple Reign and Restump podcasts, I am convinced that Luke Jackson is the inside mid bull that we need. Not a primary ruckman and not a KPF. Let him recieve from Darcy, fend off, run forward and kick a goal. Harley Jackson.

And with that, we still need a KPF like Logan McDonald. (And a small forward.)
Hence why I said trail Jackson, Darcy, Tabs, Amiss, Treacy.
Jackson isn’t a tall forward- he’s a horrendous mark at times for his height.

Would keep the 3 talls and Jackson can just go around in the mid, wing and do what he wants. It’s not like the team is troubling opposition with small and medium forwards..

Back