• McDonald

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 77 51.3%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 9 6.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Listening to the Purple Reign and Restump podcasts, I am convinced that Luke Jackson is the inside mid bull that we need. Not a primary ruckman and not a KPF. Let him recieve from Darcy, fend off, run forward and kick a goal. Harley Jackson.

And with that, we still need a KPF like Logan McDonald. (And a small forward.)
Hellloooooo !?

Hence why I said trail Jackson, Darcy, Tabs, Amiss, Treacy.
Jackson isn’t a tall forward- he’s a horrendous mark at times for his height.

Would keep the 3 talls and Jackson can just go around in the mid, wing and do what he wants. It’s not like the team is troubling opposition with small and medium forwards..
It’s what the Cats have done before.
Do we need McDonald or would Shannon Neale be a better mix?

We could probably look at the Lions list too.
That Vegas trip is sure to upset a few players, interesting that Starcevich
only signed a one year deal till 2025.
Doubt they make top 4, and Who takes over from Fagan?
Is a chance to come back. Likely next year though.

Bugger it:

"Already contracted until the end of the 2024 season, Starcevich has signed an extension that will keep him at the Lions until at least the completion of Brisbane’s 2025 campaign...."

This has not been a good past week

He lost them the grand final letting Brad Hill absolutely dominate him. He’s no superstar. I’d take the Melbourne HBF who’s mates with Sharp and Jackson any way of the week before Starvevich. His name escapes me.

He lost them the grand final letting Brad Hill absolutely dominate him. He’s no superstar. I’d take the Melbourne HBF who’s mates with Sharp and Jackson any way of the week before Starvevich. His name escapes me.
Rivers?

Yeah not sure Starcevich is moving the dial too much for us to be honest.

I’m really keen to see a few of the peel guys get some AFL exposure soon like Simpson and Stanley. Wil JL release the shackles on these types though? Not this weekend anyway by the sound of it. The problem with the match committees conservatism at selection is that these two guys probably won’t get a look in now at AFL level until the team turns in another horror show like last week.

Chapman back this week is a positive.
Sturt finding a bit more touch would be great over the next few weeks - even though he didn’t set the word on fire at the weekend kicking those two goals to get himself up and running for the year could pay dividends in the next couple of weeks.
He’s a player that previously needed 3 or 4 games in a row to get to the pitch of AFL footy.

Yeah not sure Starcevich is moving the dial too much for us to be honest.

I’m really keen to see a few of the peel guys get some AFL exposure soon like Simpson and Stanley. Wil JL release the shackles on these types though? Not this weekend anyway by the sound of it. The problem with the match committees conservatism at selection is that these two guys probably won’t get a look in now at AFL level until the team turns in another horror show like last week.

Chapman back this week is a positive.
Sturt finding a bit more touch would be great over the next few weeks - even though he didn’t set the word on fire at the weekend kicking those two goals to get himself up and running for the year could pay dividends in the next couple of weeks.
He’s a player that previously needed 3 or 4 games in a row to get to the pitch of AFL footy.

I’m guessing it’ll Chapman for Draper too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hence why I said trail Jackson, Darcy, Tabs, Amiss, Treacy.
Jackson isn’t a tall forward- he’s a horrendous mark at times for his height.

Would keep the 3 talls and Jackson can just go around in the mid, wing and do what he wants. It’s not like the team is troubling opposition with small and medium forwards..
Jackson marking isn't great but give him a good block up forward before they put a line through him. he played some great games last year forward against swans & bombers

Back