Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 77 51.3%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 9 6.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Key defender?
Actually a need. Never know with Pearce, Cox. Draped is still raw and developing
Say what ?

Davies, Draper , Murphy McDonald … on top of cox and Pearce obviously and not forgetting both Ryan an Chappy can play tall if need be

But yeah sure , let’s spend some more trade capital on 2/3 kpd who can’t get a game at mid table side that’s crying out for kpd….coz one of the plethora above might get injured ??!!

-Then we can all continue on to mashing buttons on BF about the dire straits of our fwd line talent!!

This is it in a nutshell. We need players who can create and take opportunities. We have an over-abundance of grunt players.

Until we can get, or develop, some of those creative type players we will struggle to kick a winning score on a regular basis. Our scoring is torturous to say the least.
The gameplan, players picked and positioning suggest they are at odds with each other.
Players leaving regularly, and the fact that Mundy in 2022 averaged more than JOM
in 2023. Brodie also averaged more.
So instead of rotating Young HB and mid, at times, Brodie and Erasmus have been
Non existent and JOM is basically a sub or played small forward.
Erasmus will get 20-30 possessions in Peels midfield, but that’s not helping him to
get a game or to see if he could add to our forward craft.

Say what ?

Davies, Draper , Murphy McDonald … on top of cox and Pearce obviously and not forgetting both Ryan an Chappy can play tall if need be

But yeah sure , let’s spend some more trade capital on 2/3 kpd who can’t get a game at mid table side that’s crying out for kpd….coz one of the plethora above might get injured ??!!

-Then we can all continue on to mashing buttons on BF about the dire straits of our fwd line talent!!
Murphy was a forward, so was Draper. We haven't found a Logue replacement and it has hurt us. If he has good closing speed on the leading forward we should consider.

Murphy was a forward, so was Draper. We haven't found a Logue replacement and it has hurt us. If he has good closing speed on the leading forward we should consider.
And naughton was a defender, your point?
Murphy and Draper are playing back both peel and at AFL (in drapers case)

The club sees them as KPD

I’ll reiterate kpd are the last thing we should be spending our trade capital on and I’d say freo would be thinking the same

I’ll reiterate kpd are the last thing we should be spending our trade capital on and I’d say freo would be thinking the same
Hugh Davies is an exceptionally improved player who can guard quick forwards at WAFL level already. He's pretty regularly played on players smaller than him with good speed like Cody Leggett in recent times. I agree we have no need for a tall defender to play on quick leading players. I'll be interested to see who we draft (provided we draft a player) in the MSD. I hope we pick one of the leading goal kicking small forwards at state league level and not another project player as we have enough of them.

Darcy Jones - kid is a jet, Stephen Hill esque..
Has pace and a genuine footballer - indigenous fella in the Freo mould…
WANT !!!

Darcy Jones - kid is a jet, Stephen Hill esque..
Has pace and a genuine footballer - indigenous fella in the Freo mould…
WANT !!!
Time to get him was at the draft.

We didn’t have a pick around where he got picked but we definitely should have targeted him and seen what we could’ve conjured up

He’s Exactly the type of player we need .

That said ,jlo and freo management probably didn’t like his non choir boy haircut so immediately put him in the bad influence basket

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to get him was at the draft.

We didn’t have a pick around where he got picked but we definitely should have targeted him and seen what we could’ve conjured up

He’s Exactly the type of player we need .

That said ,jlo and freo management probably didn’t like his non choir boy haircut so immediately put him in the bad influence basket
Walls was keen but he went a lot earlier than the pick we had. I was hoping he would get through to our first pick at 33 (Hugh Davies) but Jones went at 21.

Walls was keen but he went a lot earlier than the pick we had. I was hoping he would get through to our first pick at 33 (Hugh Davies) but Jones went at 21.
Same but I knew it was extremely unlikely.
Trust walls judgement but don’t ever recall hearing anything explicitly about us being interested?

Hugh Davies is an exceptionally improved player who can guard quick forwards at WAFL level already. He's pretty regularly played on players smaller than him with good speed like Cody Leggett in recent times. I agree we have no need for a tall defender to play on quick leading players. I'll be interested to see who we draft (provided we draft a player) in the MSD. I hope we pick one of the leading goal kicking small forwards at state league level and not another project player as we have enough of them.
Not sure who are the stand out small forwards but that was why we had Max Beattie train with us.

One player I’ll mention who is a taller forward - Mitchell Schofield at East Perth. A 194 cm, 22 year old (13/11/2001) who is kicking a decent amount of goals. He kicked 5 goals today against Perth and is very mobile and impressive forward. Also trained with Richmond in the PS for one of their SPP spots.

Same but I knew it was extremely unlikely.
Trust walls judgement but don’t ever recall hearing anything explicitly about us being interested?
I remember an interview and he was asked about Jones and he made some comments around him being an exciting talent who has been watching closely for some time. So whilst not a direct quote as such, reading between the lines he was a player of interest.

Jesse Hogan would be a good addition.

I’ve got a feeling Lachie Neale is a rat, he’ll flee Brisbane the sinking ship. Don’t want him back.

I’ve got a feeling Lachie Neale is a rat, he’ll flee Brisbane the sinking ship. Don’t want him back.
Was thinking that tonight
I reckon he saw the writing on the wall a couple of years ago and tried to get out
Probably worthy a lot less now than when they thought they were contending

Yep Freo has the following players listed as 'Key Defenders';
Ollie Murphy
Heath Chapman
Hugh Davies
Josh Draper
Oscar McDonald
Alex Pearce

Interestingly, Brennan Cox is listed as a Key Forward.

Yep Freo has the following players listed as 'Key Defenders';
Ollie Murphy
Heath Chapman
Hugh Davies
Josh Draper
Oscar McDonald
Alex Pearce

Interestingly, Brennan Cox is listed as a Key Forward.
Positions determined by Champion Data (i think?) based on how much time each player has spent in that position for the season.

I think Josh Draper is the player that will be playing on the quick tall forwards for the next decade. Over short distance Draper's exceptionally quick.
Good to hear. I wondered if someone noticed if he was or was not quick enough for that role. I have never specifically looked at that part of his game Shame he wants to be a forward though. .

Brodie looking more likely to be traded end of this year.

Again, midfielders not really a need but should still be a concern.
Brodie - trade
JOM- bust?
Erasmus- developing- no game time.
Fyfe- game by game

Apart from that, it’s pretty ordinary. Wonder whether Chapman will get midfield time as he gets fitter

Back