Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it’s clear money doesn’t talk as much as people think it does. Players want to play for clubs who have a shot at success.

We’ve struggled to attract talent these past few years despite throwing silly money at a number of targets for this reason.
Agree but their is always a tipping point, the 95% cap rule damages north far more then any other club

TT offending seems to be done when he is clean & sober as well and comes naturally to him.

Cousins offending is reported to be under the influence of drugs. Whilst this does not excuse his behaviour at the time. It seems his re offending whilst clean is unlikely.

Got to give Cousins credit for turning his life around. I still feel for the females who not escaped the impact of the past.
So its ok to do bad s**t if you are drunk and on drugs because it is the substance and not the person?? But as someone who doesnt drink I guess I better keep my clean record intact as I have no excuses

The compensation for Mckay was pick 3. It was a no brainer for them.

This was an outright attempt at tanking or draft manipulation or whatever you want to call it. However, the Kangaroo supporting muppet in the media doesn't open his mouth about this and instead sticks his boots into us for letting go of Mitchell and OMeara.

No one thought he was elite at the time and no one would’ve valued him at pick 3. They’ve made a lot of bad decisions but this wasn’t one of them. It was a win-win.
Who bigfooty experts or the multiple clubs offer long contracts at a million a year? Its the whole mentality of a club thats a rabble.

No one thought he was elite at the time and no one would’ve valued him at pick 3. They’ve made a lot of bad decisions but this wasn’t one of them. It was a win-win.
What are talking about?
We offered him 7 years.

North barely offered him a contract, which tells you everything you need to know about why they’re so shithouse. They’d prefer KID over being good.

Who bigfooty experts or the multiple clubs offer long contracts at a million a year? Its the whole mentality of a club thats a rabble.
Hes not on a million a year for one but it’s because clubs didn’t have to trade. If we had to give up our first pick last year to get McKay we wouldn’t have been interested.

What are talking about?
We offered him 7 years.

North barely offered him a contract, which tells you everything you need to know about why they’re so shithouse. They’d prefer KID over being good.
They barely offered him a contract because pick 3 was more valuable than McKay. They would’ve kept him if the compo was less. It’s a broken system but you do that everyday if you’re north. They weren’t any good WITH McKay either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They barely offered him a contract because pick 3 was more valuable than McKay. They would’ve kept him if the compo was less. It’s a broken system but you do that everyday if you’re north. They weren’t any good WITH McKay either.
No you don’t let Key position players walk for a midfielder when you know you’ve got none left in the cupboard.
It was stupid then and looks even stupider now.

This stupid arse thinking is why north are where they are at present.

Letting a kpd go for some stupid draft pick that could well turn out to be a bust. Thats not a smart decision. Thats gambling with the odds stacked against u.

No you don’t let Key position players walk for a midfielder when you know you’ve got none left in the cupboard.
It was stupid then and looks even stupider now.
It was the same situation for the dees and James Frawley. Dees would be more than happy with how that one turned out. Pick 3 was overs, north knew it and so did everyone else.

It was the same situation for the dees and James Frawley. Dees would be more than happy with how that one turned out. Pick 3 was overs, north knew it and so did everyone else.
Of course it was overs, but you’re still ignoring that they couldn’t afford to lose him.
Their key talls are now Nyoun, Comben and Corr. It’s diabolical.

Of course it was overs, but you’re still ignoring that they couldn’t afford to lose him.
Their key talls are now Nyoun, Comben and Corr. It’s diabolical.
Yeah McKay makes their team slightly better in the medium term. Maybe they come second last instead of last? But an extra top 3 pick that’s in the age bracket of your other young stars is a better long term outcome.

Yeah McKay makes their team slightly better in the medium term. Maybe they come second last instead of last? But an extra top 3 pick that’s in the age bracket of your other young stars is a better long term outcome.
Mckay will play for another 8 years, they haven't made their list better in the short, medium nor long term. They will get another top 3 pick this year and will yet again pick up another midfielder. How much will they have to pay to pick up a KPD down the line?

But they had to fork out picks for May and Lever a few seasons later.

And I think Melbourne had a better KP stock when they let Frawley go compared to what North have now.

Think North stuffed this up.

But they had to fork out picks for May and Lever a few seasons later.

And I think Melbourne had a better KP stock when they let Frawley go compared to what North have now.

Think North stuffed this up.
And they’ve still got may and lever, whilst frawley is long gone. You want your talent concentrated at a similar age group. Anyway that’s the logic of it. I think the logic is sound. That said I have no faith in north and don’t ever want to be in a position where im defending their list management decisions again haha.

Message to Roughie: can we please throw the kitchen sink at Finn Callaghan?!
I'd offer two firsts. You just know he's going to turn into a superstar. He's not immediately announcing himself like Reid or JHF, but his pace, kicking and power is special.

We are dying for a player like him. Baz will get done, but still think he pales in comparison to the sheer power of Finn.

So its ok to do bad s**t if you are drunk and on drugs because it is the substance and not the person?? But as someone who doesnt drink I guess I better keep my clean record intact as I have no excuses
That’s not what I said at all! I said the drugs and alcohol didn’t excuse the behaviour.

However it could well be considered removing the cause will remove the risk. As long as Counsins stays sober and DRUG Free, rehabilitation odds looks good.

To my knowledge Cousins was not publicly outed by the media before drugs for such behaviour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back