Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Talks of Moyle being sniffed out by clubs.

I understand we were dead keen originally, and whilst Meek is looking good at present, our ruck division is still one of the weaker divisions in the league.

I hope we’re seriously looking into him. Stuck behind Witts and apparently picked up 19 possies, 43 hit outs, and a goal against Reeves a couple of weeks back in the VFL.

… and from memory, also a mad hawks fan growing up? ✅
Moyle was not dominating in the ruck until Reeves went off with concussion in the 2nd qtr.

Talks of Moyle being sniffed out by clubs.

I understand we were dead keen originally, and whilst Meek is looking good at present, our ruck division is still one of the weaker divisions in the league.

I hope we’re seriously looking into him. Stuck behind Witts and apparently picked up 19 possies, 43 hit outs, and a goal against Reeves a couple of weeks back in the VFL.

… and from memory, also a mad hawks fan growing up? ✅

Moyle was not dominating in the ruck until Reeves went off with concussion in the 2nd qtr.
Good reporting by Riley Beverage
No mention of Reeves going off in 2nd qtr

Seriously, how? 5 first round picks last year.

No one likes you, Gold Coast.
They traded their first round pick last year for one this year, so now they have two. They will then trade those for ones next year and end up with 3. All while picking up 4-5 first round players in the last 2 years. Totally not a broken system.

They traded their first round pick last year for one this year, so now they have two. They will then trade those for ones next year and end up with 3. All while picking up 4-5 first round players in the last 2 years. Totally not a broken system.
B.... B.... BUT BUT VIC BIAS!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

:drunk::drunk::drunk:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The AFL is an embarrassment on the world stage.

And on top of that in the following year they’ve had 4 academy players picked in the u15/16(?) AA team

If Serong can develop in our back line and play regularly I’d be trying to get Caleb Serong home in 2027 as a RFA to play with his brother.
View attachment 1970466
Off the top of my head, Darren Jarman, Brad Scott, Brad Hill all left us to play with their brothers. Would be nice if Caleb wanted to come our way.
Also played cricket with Jai Newcombe, so he has the the two Jai's that he knows at the club!!
In the picture
Caleb Serong is in the middle on the front row!!
Jai Serong is on the end on the right side on the front row!!
Jai Newcombe is on the end on the right side on the back row!!

Attachments

• img.jpeg.jpg
    img.jpeg.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 118
Wouldn’t be surprised if North went hard at Blake Hardwick. Exactly what they need - good user, good defender, honest player, can play both ends - they could afford to pay enough that we won’t match (ie get us F1 compo). seems strange to me that he hasn’t signed, maybe he’d consider it.

Wouldn’t be surprised if North went hard at Blake Hardwick. Exactly what they need - good user, good defender, honest player, can play both ends - they could afford to pay enough that we won’t match (ie get us F1 compo). seems strange to me that he hasn’t signed, maybe he’d consider it.
Dude he is nailed on brown and gold. He is not going anywhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dude he is nailed on brown and gold. He is not going anywhere
Two things:
  • He hasn't signed yet in his free agency year, so it's fair to question where he is at
  • It's also fair to say that a club like Kangas will come knocking. He's a quality free agent that's currently available
I for one hope he stays. Manager likely fielding offers in order to help negotiating position with Hawks.

Two things:
  • He hasn't signed yet in his free agency year, so it's fair to question where he is at
  • It's also fair to say that a club like Kangas will come knocking. He's a quality free agent that's currently available
I for one hope he stays. Manager likely fielding offers in order to help negotiating position with Hawks.
Yeah look its like the constant Breust speculation. He is rusted on.

Can’t imagine he’d leave a bottom 4 side for a bottom 1 side

I hope you're right mate. Looking forward to the new contract announcement. He's a gun and we need more players like him, not losing players like him.
In the past few seasons any contract announcements usually get happen around about the bye which last season was round 14 (mid June) which is still a fair way away. Also worth keeping in mind that contracts can + have been agreed to behind closed doors but not announced a fair way out too.

What’s your price, money talks at some point - it would still be a tough decision even with $200k more though
I think it’s clear money doesn’t talk as much as people think it does. Players want to play for clubs who have a shot at success.

We’ve struggled to attract talent these past few years despite throwing silly money at a number of targets for this reason.

I think it’s clear money doesn’t talk as much as people think it does. Players want to play for clubs who have a shot at success.

We’ve struggled to attract talent these past few years despite throwing silly money at a number of targets for this reason.
The actual difference a lower side with cap space can offer simple isn't enough to be a real head turner . And it's most likely due to the minimum cap spend required.

While there is a minimum cap spend that's the game currently. You offer 200-300k per year more and it's just not really close to changing a decision for a pro athlete on good $$$

I would think the only way a rebuild/lower club could get a high end FA would be to nearly double the contract offer .
Not feasible in AFL , but close to more common in other pro sports

The actual difference a lower side with cap space can offer simple isn't enough to be a real head turner . And it's most likely due to the minimum cap spend required.

While there is a minimum cap spend that's the game currently. You offer 200-300k per year more and it's just not really close to changing a decision for a pro athlete on good $$$

I would think the only way a rebuild/lower club could get a high end FA would be to nearly double the contract offer .
Not feasible in AFL , but close to more common in other pro sports
After tax, $200-300k ends up being about $150k, whereas the value of playing for a club that is playing prime time every week can be considerably more with sponsorship, and post career opportunities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back