Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Frosty's manager on gettable saying they're waiting to see how the year plays out and will have chats with the HFC in the near future

Godfather offer from Clarko incoming?

Bit of a worry if they finish bottom
Knowing Frosty's luck at times it will be a grandfather offer instead

What exactly did he do? Sent a threatening message?
Well obviously enough to get himself the sack from one of the worst teams of the modern era. Any club that entertains the idea of giving him a what? 5th, 6th, 7th chance will truly show that they care more about on field success than making a statement that type of behaviour will not be tolerated. Bringing him back into the league will be spitting in the face of all AFLW teams, the many female staff members of the club and the single mother's of players that helped their sons make it to the league.

You only have to watch the news atm to see how many women have been bashed, beaten or murdered the last 10 or so years to understand that this stuff is a huge society problem that needs organisations like the AFL to make a statement by having a zero tolerance policy.

do we even get FA compo?

A Godfather offer for Frost that gets us a 1st round pick I could live with.
Very much a hypothetical but if he were to leave and North finish bottom, we'd get next to nothing because of the PSD

I only say this as he's OOC and the exact player North need. A KPD, a senior player and although limited he will give you 100% every week. These are things North are badly lacking right now. He was also brought to the HFC under the Clarkson regime.

I hope he stays, he is one that teaches the junior players effort and by all reports a great clubman.

LDU would be a great pickup for any team.

Can't see us going for him though given the midfield depth we have, and with Smith also potentially being added into the logjam. Unless one or two players end up leaving of course.
Hasn’t been awarded anything of note for his 6 year career (no 22U22, hardly any AFLMVP votes) and his highest finish in the club B&F - for the worst club in the competition is 4th last year.

Ordinary by foot and defensively inept. Also very inconsistent when he is actually playing well.

So, TBH I’m struggling to see what he would add to our list.

Why do you think would he be a good pick up?

I agree with the views expressed on Thomas. His footy career should be over and I wouldn’t want him anywhere near Hawthorn. If Geelong choose to go down that path to help win a flag, that’s their call, but it’s not an admirable one.

It does make for interesting comparison though with Ben Cousins who is being welcomed back into football and media circles with open arms despite multiple convictions and jail time for much worse and repeated violence against women.

Well obviously enough to get himself the sack from one of the worst teams of the modern era. Any club that entertains the idea of giving him a what? 5th, 6th, 7th chance will truly show that they care more about on field success than making a statement that type of behaviour will not be tolerated. Bringing him back into the league will be spitting in the face of all AFLW teams, the many female staff members of the club and the single mother's of players that helped their sons make it to the league.

You only have to watch the news atm to see how many women have been bashed, beaten or murdered the last 10 or so years to understand that this stuff is a huge society problem that needs organisations like the AFL to make a statement by having a zero tolerance policy.
I agree. I was asking a genuine question as I didn’t know what he done apart from the message.

I agree with the views expressed on Thomas. His footy career should be over and I wouldn’t want him anywhere near Hawthorn. If Geelong choose to go down that path to help win a flag, that’s their call, but it’s not an admirable one.

It does make for interesting comparison though with Ben Cousins who is being welcomed back into football and media circles with open arms despite multiple convictions and jail time for much worse and repeated violence against women.

I don't know the full story behind what Cousins has done, so I say this from a position of ignorance - but I am guessing a lot of what he did was fueled by his addictions.

TT offending seems to be done when he is clean & sober as well and comes naturally to him.

Cousins offending is reported to be under the influence of drugs. Whilst this does not excuse his behaviour at the time. It seems his re offending whilst clean is unlikely.

Got to give Cousins credit for turning his life around. I still feel for the females who not escaped the impact of the past.

Yes. If the AFL allows a contract to be registered for him it will be a disgrace - he was given multiple chances, as well as education and rehabilitation programs via his club and continued to make threats towards women. He can get his second chance in life via the workforce at large but he should never get to play at the highest level again. There's a reason the only NRL I watch is my own club - because it's a league that perpetually allows horrendous perpetrators to play at the highest level. I am hoping the AFL doesn't follow this path.
What did he do though? I'm not trying to be a smartarse it's just hard to find. A threat of circulating images and other threatening language via text? Didn't Dusty pull a pair of chopsticks on a woman? And JDG has actually been charged several times.

What did he do though? I'm not trying to be a smartarse it's just hard to find. A threat of circulating images and other threatening language via text? Didn't Dusty pull a pair of chopsticks on a woman? And JDG has actually been charged several times.

JDG has been exonerated once via the courts - the original reported extent of charges in NY was not what he eventually got charged with (i.e. there was nothing sexual assault related about them) and his other offence was drink driving. Dusty's thing was stupid, but he was cleared of making any threats and the woman involved accepted the apology and moved on. Thomas's offences were repeated, threatening and occurred while he had already been disciplined and was undergoing counselling/education on how to better behave himself. He's not welcome at the club as far as I am concerned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off the top of my head, Darren Jarman, Brad Scott, Brad Hill all left us to play with their brothers. Would be nice if Caleb wanted to come our way.
I think the problem is that the younger brother all went to play with big brother which wouldn’t be good

I can’t stand WCE
I’m not very keen on Ben Cousins, but there are 2 sides to that story.

Anything in the Scrimshaw to North rumours ?
Is that a serious question?

The answer is

Turn Around No GIF by Sesame Street

Talks of Moyle being sniffed out by clubs.

I understand we were dead keen originally, and whilst Meek is looking good at present, our ruck division is still one of the weaker divisions in the league.

I hope we’re seriously looking into him. Stuck behind Witts and apparently picked up 19 possies, 43 hit outs, and a goal against Reeves a couple of weeks back in the VFL.

… and from memory, also a mad hawks fan growing up? ✅

Talks of Moyle being sniffed out by clubs.

I understand we were dead keen originally, and whilst Meek is looking good at present, our ruck division is still one of the weaker divisions in the league.

I hope we’re seriously looking into him. Stuck behind Witts and apparently picked up 19 possies, 43 hit outs, and a goal against Reeves a couple of weeks back in the VFL.

… and from memory, also a mad hawks fan growing up? ✅

I think we'll be backing in Meek and Reeves for now, with Tucker developing and Ramma working on that FWD/RUCK split.

Would be surprised if we tried to recruit another ruckman, personally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back