List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Not consistently, no.

Had arguably his best game on the weekend, probably the first time he has really looked like he might step up. We will see how he goes over the next few games but to date I don’t think he has earnt a game personally.
Thanks...from what ive seen and what ive read it doesn’t seem like he has produced much yet.. hopefully

caesar88 and Dubai Quacker

Any local intelligence on West Perth goal kicking giraffe, Jasper Scaife? - 19 yo and 197cm.

Being touted as a possible pick up in the MSD.

I know we don’t have a spot atm but if one arose could be a development player?

caesar88 and Dubai Quacker

Any local intelligence on West Perth goal kicking giraffe, Jasper Scaife? - 19 yo and 197cm.

Being touted as a possible pick up in the MSD.

I know we don’t have a spot atm but if one arose could be a development player?
We have enough developing talls right now. Buller kicking on in reserves.

Realistically we have Buller as our only spare. But if you read what I said we don’t have space atm.
With Snell showing good signs it seems likely that we will not renew contract(s) on at least one, if not two, tall defenders. If, as also seems likely, Reid retires and possibly Hayward moves on, we will have a need and space enough.

With Snell showing good signs it seems likely that we will not renew contract(s) on at least one, if not two, tall defenders. If, as also seems likely, Reid retires and possibly Hayward moves on, we will have a need and space enough.

As long as he is ticking all the boxes off the field, I'd be trying to re-sign Snell asap.

I don't watch as much of the reserves as others, but watching him on the weekend - I think he could easily be in the team now and not look out of place. Same with Konstanty who looked to have improved a lot from last year.

Delighted with Snell so far. Plus Will Edwards is continuing to improve.

I feel for Harry Arnold whose back injury could not have come at a worse time for him. He is probably in the gun at end season. Francis is versatile, smart and doing enough to stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually I believe the Club is well within its rights to demand Sam Reid go through a searching run of hard physical tests next week.

If he passes with flying colours, I say fantastic. Play him in the 2s

If he fails or gets injured again before the cut off, write him off for the season and have a crack at the MSD.

We have nothing to lose either way.

Actually I believe the Club is well within its rights to demand Sam Reid go through a searching run of hard physical tests next week.

If he passes with flying colours, I say fantastic. Play him in the 2s

If he fails or gets injured again before the cut off, write him off for the season and have a crack at the MSD.

We have nothing to lose either way.

Even with his bad injury history, I'd rather we just stuck with Reid unless he actually has a diagnosed serious injury. Buller is hardly fitness reliable either so far.

The chances of us getting something useful out of the mid-season draft is low and at least we know Reid can be a very good player when healthy.

Even with his bad injury history, I'd rather we just stuck with Reid unless he actually has a diagnosed serious injury. Buller is hardly fitness reliable either so far.

The chances of us getting something useful out of the mid-season draft is low and at least we know Reid can be a very good player when healthy.
Opinions differ. He can be very handy player, but McLean as a ruck forward is a serious upgrade.

Opinions differ. He can be very handy player, but McLean as a ruck forward is a serious upgrade.
Yeah I don't agree with the second part.

Reid was one of our best players in the second half of 2022 and it wasn't a coincidence that we totally collapsed after he went off in the prelim.

McLean is a good replacement, but I don't think he has reached that level yet.

Last edited:
Realistically we have Buller as our only spare. But if you read what I said we don’t have space atm.
We'll open up a space come time for the MSD, clubs always do.

But for tall forwards:
-we have 3 playing in our senior team and many claim that's 1 too many
-Buller in reserves
-Ladhams can play a ruck/fwd where needed
-Francis has more experience as a forward at AFL level
-Before we get to Reid or any of the other talls we have at the club who we haven't tried as a forward yet

Currently 7 KPDs on the list, about what you want. Especially given T Mac will have reliability concerns forever.

We'll need to replace Rampe in that 7, better to think about that this year than next.

So whoever we lose, we probably need to replace that number + 1.

At this point Melican, Francis, Snell are on track for extensions.

Edwards I'm not sure about, but others seem to think he is. Was always going to be a project.

Arnold is unlucky.

Just like the grand final, I expect Reid passes a fitness test and then collapses in his first game back. I doubt we'll have a MSD spot this year.

I'm really interested in what happens re list spots later this year though. I think this might be one of the most talented and deep squads we've had in years. Who do we cut? and what positions are we looking for? I feel like those decisions have been getting harder and harder to make the last few years

Yeah I don't agree with the second part.

Reid was one of our best players in the second half of 2022 and it wasn't a coincidence that we totally collapsed after he went off in the prelim.

McLean is a good replacement, but I don't think he has reached that level yet.

he's a huge upgrade on the sam reid of 2024 ...
and that's the problem for reid ... and also for the club, at some point
it's futile comparing reid to anyone because he hasn't played for a year and a half, and hanging on to him because of the pipe dream that he can contribute as he did in 2022 becomes problematic for our list management
like most fans, i'd love to see the 2022 reid back in our team but it seems less and less likely

he's a huge upgrade on the sam reid of 2024 ...
and that's the problem for reid ... and also for the club, at some point
it's futile comparing reid to anyone because he hasn't played for a year and a half, and hanging on to him because of the pipe dream that he can contribute as he did in 2022 becomes problematic for our list management
like most fans, i'd love to see the 2022 reid back in our team but it seems less and less likely
Well it is completely impossible that we will see him contribute if we get rid of him mid-season.

He sounds like he is a chance to play in the reserves next week. So I don't why the sudden urge to push him out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back