List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Academy F/S discussion starts around 2:30mins into the video

Just wild how the AFL make something so simple, so complicated.

Increase the points value of higher picks and remove the discount. Done. All sorted.

Much fairer for everyone and it only took 20 minutes to fix.

The boys club at AFL house can go out for yum cha, on the company credit card of course, well comforted in the knowledge that they just resolved a very complex problem.

Just wild how the AFL make something so simple, so complicated.

Increase the points value of higher picks and remove the discount. Done. All sorted.

Much fairer for everyone and it only took 20 minutes to fix.

The boys club at AFL house can go out for yum cha, on the company credit card of course, well comforted in the knowledge that they just resolved a very complex problem.

You just watch the tangles they'll get themselves in to keep the NGA's afloat.

Should be simple, if fairness was your goal.

Just had a squizz at how the Norf Board is reacting on LDU..

Fair to say some have taken it with the customary equanimity

fight fighting GIF

Oops … and there goes LDU.
OK I realise I'm overthinking this, but why did the guy explode?

Is it in fact a robot, not a human?
Is his choice of tipple rocket fuel?
Did he land in a minefield?

why is it so.png

I'm getting the impression that Hayward is as good as gone from some on here? Is that right or is he just 50/50.?

I'm getting the impression that Hayward is as good as gone from some on here? Is that right or is he just 50/50.?
Hayward will be 50/50. We would prefer to keep him but we're not going to overpay to keep him.

As a RFA we can match any offer if needed so the pressure isn't really on us

OK I realise I'm overthinking this, but why did the guy explode?

Is it in fact a robot, not a human?
Is his choice of tipple rocket fuel?
Did he land in a minefield?

View attachment 1969364
In answer to your question Mr Hairy....

Yes you are overthinking it 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either way, I doubt it is going to have anything to do with us unless he has a girlfriend who wants to move to Sydney.

He is a fine player. Am sure he would get a game with us. I hope we enquire.

and he would have to take unders like what a lot of the squad are doing now apparently.
I doubt it would be a money thing regardless. North should have more money than anyone to pay him. And there would be other clubs in the league more desperate than us if someone wanted to go really stupid with an offer.

He would have to have some reason for relocating to Sydney. Family, girlfriend, some other reason he wants to get out of Melbourne.

No harm is asking, but I imagine it would be a short conversation and his management would probably contact us if he had some reason for wanting to relocate.

Fun to chat about, but I don't think he is a realistic target at all.

I doubt it would be a money thing regardless. North should have more money than anyone to pay him. And there would be other clubs in the league more desperate than us if someone wanted to go really stupid with an offer.

He would have to have some reason for relocating to Sydney. Family, girlfriend, some other reason he wants to get out of Melbourne.

No harm is asking, but I imagine it would be a short conversation and his management would probably contact us if he had some reason for wanting to relocate.

No doubt. I expect money is not the issue. As I understand it LDU is a quiet bloke off field and not a limelight chaser. If he goes to a Vic Club he will cop a lot of scrutiny inc in daily life while SA and WA would offer stalker level attention.

As we have done before Sydney would offer a calm place where he would be left alone in coffee shops. Our Club is the antithesis of Norf as an outfit both on and off ground.

No doubt. I expect money is not the issue. As I understand it LDU is a quiet bloke off field and not a limelight chaser. If he goes to a Vic Club he will cop a lot of scrutiny inc in daily life while SA and WA would offer stalker level attention.

As we have done before Sydney would offer a calm place where he would be left alone in coffee shops. Our Club is the antithesis of Norf as an outfit both on and off ground.
We really don't have that much of history of getting players to come to us because they want out of the limelight.

We really don't have that much of history of getting players to come to us because they want out of the limelight.

Plugger, Moreton, Franklin and I expect others enjoyed the relative anonymity. Obviously it is not the sole reason but could be part of the attraction.

Am simply speculating on one aspect.

Plugger, Moreton, Franklin and I expect others enjoyed the relative anonymity. Obviously it is not the sole reason but could be part of the attraction.

Am simply speculating on one aspect.

I am not saying some players don't find it attractive to be out of Melbourne. Just that there has to be another more substantial reason for a player like LDU, who could basically pick any of the 18 clubs, to want to move to Sydney.

Loves a surf apparently

Is he not a fan of konstanty.. or what he is as a player?

I don't know the answer but has he done enough at reserves level to get a game?
Not consistently, no.

Had arguably his best game on the weekend, probably the first time he has really looked like he might step up. We will see how he goes over the next few games but to date I don’t think he has earnt a game personally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back