No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else secretly enjoying Jeremy Cameron's youtube channel?

I could live a thousand lives concurrently and still not care to look at it.
Thug.
I met Jeremy Cameron once at a Giants function in their very early years and he came across as a beautiful human being.
He was still very young, I think it was their first or second year in the competition. He was already being talked up as the next big thing but there was nothing big headed or thuggish about him.

I met Jeremy Cameron once at a Giants function in their very early years and he came across as a beautiful human being.
He was still very young, I think it was their first or second year in the competition. He was already being talked up as the next big thing but there was nothing big headed or thuggish about him.
His idol was Goodes

How many intentional elbows/swinging arms/late hits has he thrown our way over the years?
He might be a good man off-field, but I'll never know it, just judging by what I see on the field.

How many intentional elbows/swinging arms/late hits has he thrown our way over the years?
He might be a good man off-field, but I'll never know it, just judging by what I see on the field.
You need specsavers if you think that ! if he was that bad he's be cited , it's not Aprils fools day

He's a ripper bloke. Has time for everyone and funnily is genuinely interested in having a random conversation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1946757

Times have changed when the Doggies are equal last on the free kick differential.

Most free kicks given away Grundy at number 1 and McLean at number 5. Our ruck combo need to improve their discipline.
I know we get some shocking umpiring but geez Tigers fans would be pretty filthy, they've been just about anchored to the bottom of these lists for the last 4+ years.

I know we get some shocking umpiring but geez Tigers fans would be pretty filthy, they've been just about anchored to the bottom of these lists for the last 4+ years.
Don’t forget many of those were under Hardwick with his win at all costs attitude that saw them cross the line many times.

Interesting article about players height over the history of the AFL

Agree. I found it interesting as well.

When I read SwansProudly game day preview I noted the Eagles average height is comfortably over 190cm.

Pretty amazing.

Don’t forget many of those were under Hardwick with his win at all costs attitude that saw them cross the line many times.
I figured their style of play had a lot to do with it so to some extent it makes sense, still would be pretty frustrating.

I've always felt free kicks can be exploited by teams to slow down play. I've always felt swans were a little slow in exploring that part of the game. There are opportunities to halt or slow play and prevent your opponent from establishing momentum by giving away free kicks at opportune time.

Of course there is still the advantage call, but there are ways to exploit it.

The other way it can be used is just to stop the opposition's key mid (e.g. neale) from getting any sort of flow in their game, just continue to infringe on him as soon as he gets the ball, provided its in the back half and not around goals.

Although I hate when teams don't play in the spirit of the rules, I think we can get a little closer to the line than we have in the past.

I know not everyone agrees, but I want this side to become an uncompromising win-at-all-costs side. But obviously want that done within the spirit of the game for the most part.

Agree. I found it interesting as well.

When I read SwansProudly game day preview I noted the Eagles average height is comfortably over 190cm.

Pretty amazing.
I lve their articles.
Did you notice that there was no large gaps between South Melbourne/Sydney Swans?
but
Bob Pratt, considered by some to be the greatest full forward of the 20th century, stood at just 180cm — the same size as small forwards Orazio Fantasia and Charlie Cameron.

I lve their articles.
Did you notice that there was no large gaps between South Melbourne/Sydney Swans?
but

I did. Struck me that the great man may have been wearing the long stops when he was measured.

Do you remember the term Collingwood 6 footer? They famously lied about the height of their players. Anyone 5'10" + 5'11.5 " was fair game to be called by that term

Yep anyway his channel is better than half the crap on fox footy

This idea of 3 gather rounds a year kinda stinks

No doubt Any gimmick they can think of will happen
How about a 'mixed gather round' where every team has to be 50% male, and 50% female?

Sydney wins by manipulating the rules when we get Buddy, Plugger, Jack, JPK and Grundy to identify as women on the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back