Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Was kind of thinking the same after Friday night..although he is only a second year player.

So who then is the priority target this year (who will then resign Rd 10 for their club)?
Hugh McCluggage.
Will Hayward will be post-season (or a Sydney good news story on the eve of finals).

We have to throw godfather offers out there to lure happy players away from their clubs. Its one area of AFL I don't get. Every other professional player in any other professional sport gets a godfather deal, they take it and run. But in AFL, unless they feel the need to run home to mummy, they don't want to come. Except when they are on the trash heap of their current club or sick of not playing finals.
The salary cap is low enough and the floor high enough that Godfather offers aren't that different, especially when taking into account marketing opportunities that are more prevalent in East coast.

Bloody Loades of them!
I See You Hunks GIF by giphystudios2021

Surely there's a midfielder out the who will be asking their manager for a big deal and knowing Adelaide is buying will be sniffing the 10 year 10 million deal, now we have our it out there.

Surely there's a midfielder out the who will be asking their manager for a big deal and knowing Adelaide is buying will be sniffing the 10 year 10 million deal, now we have our it out there.
On the footy segment on Triple M today they were talking that LDU is searching for and expecting an 8 figure contract. No doubt the players and managers are well aware of the clubs that are capable of offering that sort of deal.

Balme wouldn’t need to work here, could just do some consulting.

“Balmey we are considering extending Nicks” “what the * for?”

“Balmey we think we should change our game plan”
“Are you ******* idiots”

“Balmey we drafted this tall unique talent that could be our Patty Cripps, but we think we will develop him in the SANFL on guys like McBean”
“That’s it, stop ringing me, you guys are ******* idiots”
This is why I do big footy, I'm here for the laughs 🤣🤣🤣

Those contracts don't really exist in the AFL.

Offering someone a $60m contract in the NBA is one thing - there's just not THAT much money in the AFL.

It's the difference between $1m and $1.2m, say. The club they're at is nearly always going to be competitive, which is why so few players change clubs for reasons other than homesickness (which is weird) or opportunity (which means their current club doesn't rate them that highly).
Tippet was homesick 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the footy segment on Triple M today they were talking that LDU is searching for and expecting an 8 figure contract. No doubt the players and managers are well aware of the clubs that are capable of offering that sort of deal.
8 figure? That's $10,000,000+. He's only 24 (turns 25 in June). If we assume it's a 7 year contract, then that's $1.5M per year. I guess that's not totally unreasonable, though it's definitely at the top end of "reasonable". With the salary cap going up dramatically, $1.5M is the new $1.2M.

I don't see why LDU would be worth substantially more than Brad Crouch

That is what’s being proposed apparently . You will no longer be able to trade in a s#it load of junk picks to afl for the kid but will need to include a pick within 10 or 15 of nomination to get to the points needed. If you don’t have said pick you would need to get one by trading with another club.

Didn’t they bring in a rule where you needed to have a vacant list spot for every pick you wanted to use when matching? Which at least forces clubs to take layers at the end of the draft to complete their list. But they then re reversed that call a couple of years later?

Surely he means 7 figure.
Not necessarily. He'd be looking for a long contract (possibly 7 years), at $1+M per year. That isn't unreasonable, given the 20% jump in the salary cap. That could, quite conceivably, come to $10M over the duration of the contract.

Didn’t they bring in a rule where you needed to have a vacant list spot for every pick you wanted to use when matching? Which at least forces clubs to take layers at the end of the draft to complete their list. But they then re reversed that call a couple of years later?
Yes I believe they changed the rule after Sydney exploited it, then changed it back to allow the WB to exploit it for JUH and then Darcy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back