Senior 1. Jack Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

from memory, was pretty young at the time, wasnt the same said about his dad ? Hes not as good as Serg etc etc.

I think SOS was accepted far earlier than Jack. 8 years in and he's still not worthy of best 22 to many. I see more in him than the coaches do I think.

Just came in to say “you *in beauty!!!”

The Silvagni name and Carlton for me are forever linked.

I mean it was weird and completely bizarre that Alex played so much footy at the (w)anchors!!

To see Jack play at a different club would bring me to tears. Yes, yes I know that the club is bigger than any 1 player/person but there is also the fabric of what the club means to each and every supporter/member.

To see Jack raise the premiership cup would represent generations of members/players/supporters that have believed in this great club and have seen and tasted the ultimate success!

Long may you play in the Navy blue Jackie boy and be a dual premiership player like your dad and nonno!!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yesss - onya Jack! This just makes sense.

Not sure if there's a chance Jack comes back in this week but would love to see it.

Funny the timing of injuries. Not fair how it's basically cost best 22 players a chance at being part of the on field finals success (given injured guys aren't going to sit out and would usually be the way in).

So good we have ~30 solid, fit players to pick from now.

Thanks, Jack .. congratulations!

To let you in on a little something -- was offered more elsewhere. Turned it down because this group wants to get to the promised land and stay there together and at the end of the day that trumps whatever money he'll miss out on in the short term.

A public thanks to Jack from me. Deeply appreciated.

Edit: referring to this Intel..

My sources still suggest Jsck wiill sign a two-year contract "soon."

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks, Jack .. congratulations!

To let you in on a little something -- was offered more elsewhere. Turned it down because this group wants to get to the promised land and stay there together and at the end of the day that trumps whatever money he'll miss out on in the short term.

A public thanks to Jack from me. Deeply appreciated.

Edit: referring to this Intel..
SEN's very own Tom Brown reporting tonight - more importantly making the statement - that he had no other interest, let alone offers. Pretty much also made it out in the end that SoS management came back to Carlton ready to sign anything.
I hate these imbeciles........

SEN's very own Tom Brown reporting tonight - more importantly making the statement - that he had no other interest, let alone offers. Pretty much also made it out in the end that SoS management came back to Carlton ready to sign anything.
I hate these imbeciles........
Absolute rubbish journalists.

Other ITKs here will tell you the reports of North, Hawthorn and Richmond being interested earlier in the year.

I was able to get the Hawthorn part verified from the other side (have a family member formerly on their board and another who is a current member of the FD/coaching staff.)

The other two clubs were discussed on socials among former Carlton players and one was published in an article published by another well connected Carlton reporter.

None of the interest in Jack got him closer to a perceived premiership which was the top of Jack's wishlist for him to leave Carlton.

So if all they're going on is interest from clubs who had a genuine shot at signing him then they're probably right.

I don't understand why SEN are trying to rubbish the Silvagni name. Did Stephen have a falling out with SEN over his gig on trade radio or something?

Edit: it was The Age and Matt Rendell and Jon Pierik who reported on Jack back in June Prior to Rendell's sad passing.

Last edited:
Absolute rubbish journalists.

Other ITKs here will tell you the reports of North, Hawthorn and Richmond being interested earlier in the year.

I was able to get the Hawthorn part verified from the other side (have a family member formerly on their board and another who is a current member of the FD/coaching staff.)

The other two clubs were discussed on socials among former Carlton players and one was published in an article published by another well connected Carlton reporter.

None of the interest in Jack got him closer to a perceived premiership which was the top of Jack's wishlist for him to leave Carlton.

So if all they're going on is interest from clubs who had a genuine shot at signing him then they're probably right.

I don't understand why SEN are trying to rubbish the Silvagni name. Did Stephen have a falling out with SEN over his gig on trade radio or something?

Edit: it was The Age and Matt Rendell and Jon Pierik who reported on Jack back in June Prior to Rendell's sad passing.

I don’t understand how the Tom Brown’s of journalism think.

Those that know how things played out see the bullshit and must say to themselves “give Brown nothing” next time he asks for a comment.

It really is a downward spiral but they are so keen to have the inside word and get the clicks.

It’s like watching BT in the rooms after the game, players are desperate to avoid him and only comment when cornered.

I had to laugh at SOS in the rooms after the Melb game where he scampered away

I don’t understand how the Tom Brown’s of journalism think.

Those that know how things played out see the bullshit and must say to themselves “give Brown nothing” next time he asks for a comment.

It really is a downward spiral but they are so keen to have the inside word and get the clicks.

It’s like watching BT in the rooms after the game, players are desperate to avoid him and only comment when cornered.

I had to laugh at SOS in the rooms after the Melb game where he scampered away

I agree. Unfortunate that some don't

Yesss

Would not be right for him to play anywhere else.

Needs to become a Carlton premiership player

So happy with this ❤️
He needs to win 2… just to keep in touch with his nonno and his dad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back