Toast Warren Tredrea - Elected to the Port Board (Football discussion only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Make changes because his contact is ending and not because it's his job too further there interests of the club? If he recommends ending Hinkley less than 12 months after endorsing him then he should be part of the gutting.
Read the flow of the thread properly.

My comments were about Tredders working with the forward line players and game structure. The only way that will happen is if CD says so, not Ken or CD sacking Ken.

Its analagous to Bucky at end of 2002 telling Choco that he needs help and bad luck if he doesnt like it, and he appointed Clarko as an assistant coach.

Last win at the Cattery was when Tredders was captain.

Next win was when he finally joined the Port Board.

Never won a game there without him involved in some way!
Where are the Tredders' haters now?

Last win at the Cattery was when Tredders was captain.

Next win was when he finally joined the Port Board.

Never won a game there without him involved in some way!

That’s why he wears the number 1, Dennis!

So disappointed by the vibes Warren is giving on AA recently. Every time I hear him speak, it sounds like he's taken another sip of the Ken Kool Aid. Give it another 12 months and he'll be a fully fledged member of the People's Temple...

Last edited:
So disappointed by the vibes Warren is giving on AA recently. Every time I hear him speak, it sounds like has taken another sip of the Ken Kool Aid. Give it another 12 months and he'll be a fully fledged member of the People's Temple...

Yep
Last night was actively blaming the players and defending coaching
Kool Aid definitely drunk

So disappointed by the vibes Warren is giving on AA recently. Every time I hear him speak, it sounds like has taken another sip of the Ken Kool Aid. Give it another 12 months and he'll be a fully fledged member of the People's Temple...
“The two most powerful warriors are patience and time” – Leo Tolstoy

Waz has the same reservations as all of us. Now is not the time.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd have to be super naive to think that what Warren says in public is the same as what he says behind closed doors. Just trust the man. He didn't let us down as a player and he won't let us down as a board member.
Love Warren the player. Like Warren the commentator. Jury is definitely still out on Warren the board member. And naivety has nothing to do with it.

Love Warren the player. Like Warren the commentator. Jury is definitely still out on Warren the board member. And naivety has nothing to do with it.

Naivety is you thinking Warren has drunk the "Ken Kool Aid". I know for a fact that this is not the case. Whether you choose to believe that is up to you.

Naivety is you thinking Warren has drunk the "Ken Kool Aid". I know for a fact that this is not the case. Whether you choose to believe that is up to you.
I don't know Warren personally (unlike you by the sounds), so I can only go on his public persona. The same public persona that got him elected. My post was simply stating that his public persona is morphing into a Ken apologist. That isn't naivety. That is fact.
If that is all part of his grand plan. Great. But he was elected on a platform that he was going to be an agitator. So far, his only public gestures have been to hold hands with both Ken and Kochy.

I don't know Warren personally (unlike you by the sounds), so I can only go on his public persona. The same public persona that got him elected. My post was simply stating that his public persona is morphing into a Ken apologist. That isn't naivety. That is fact.
If that is all part of his grand plan. Great. But he was elected on a platform that he was going to be an agitator. So far, his only public gestures have been to hold hands with both Ken and Kochy.

He is but one person on a board who have, for more than a decade, backed in this Hillbilly. If he were to come in, guns blazing and shooting from the hip in the media he would be ostracised quicker than Kochie could offer Donuts a new contract.

Tredders needs to earn respect, build allies at the table and then hold people to account. What he says/doesn't say in the media was always going to be different this year now he is a board member and the fact is, Ken has a contract for this year and the next, so the next best thing Tredders can do is help the club with the now and back in Hinkley as it aint changing just yet. When Hinkley inevitably fails (again) that's when the worth of him on the board can be criticised if he does nothing. Until then you're just pissing into the wind.

I don't post much but I'm here everyday and it's getting tiring and embarrassing seeing such low IQ conclusions being made by some of you folks.

I've never worked as a board member but I'm not smooth brained enough to conclude that Tredrea is drinking Koch and Hinkley's bathwater. Stop expecting Warren to carpet bomb the place, be patient and trust in the only Port man that is willing to put his neck on the line.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't post much but I'm here everyday and it's getting tiring and embarrassing seeing such low IQ conclusions being made by some of you folks.

I've never worked as a board member but I'm not smooth brained enough to conclude that Tredrea is drinking Koch and Hinkley's bathwater. Stop expecting Warren to carpet bomb the place, be patient and trust in the only Port man that is willing to put his neck on the line.

Papa huggey 🤔🤨 are you papa g's alter ego? By any chance?

P.s I agree with ya posted

OMG here pops up another one. The other one, Golden Summat, joined BF in August 2017 a few days before Koch stopped Hinkley as he was on his way out the door headed for the Gold Coast. Bizarre loyalties all round.

I’m here every day, too. But, according to averages, I have fewer days to go than you do. I’ll thusly complain my arse off.

Twelve years is not just too fat a slice out of one’s life to wait, it is bloody rude to suggest that any real Port supporter should have to wait that long for this drongo (Hinkley, mate, not you) to do the job that he’s employed (by us) to do.

I’ve been quiet lately. Quiet, but not dead. On Saturday I shall be opening a new Hinks the Jinx thread with a few words to really let you know how I feel.

OMG here pops up another one. The other one, Golden Summat, joined BF in August 2017 a few days before Koch stopped Hinkley as he was on his way out the door headed for the Gold Coast. Bizarre loyalties all round.

I’m here every day, too. But, according to averages, I have fewer days to go than you do. I’ll thusly complain my arse off.

Twelve years is not just too fat a slice out of one’s life to wait, it is bloody rude to suggest that any real Port supporter should have to wait that long for this drongo (Hinkley, mate, not you) to do the job that he’s employed (by us) to do.

I’ve been quiet lately. Quiet, but not dead. On Saturday I shall be opening a new Hinks the Jinx thread with a few words to really let you know how I feel.
Lock mate I'm really trying to resist making old man jokes
Please read my post again.. You'll find that we are in the same camp, I'm fed up with the current custodians at the club too, I refer to my post history in that regard.
My post is specifically calling out the peoples who are complaining/concerned that Tredders is now a sycophant of Koch/Ken.

Lock mate I'm really trying to resist making old man jokes
Please read my post again.. You'll find that we are in the same camp, I'm fed up with the current custodians at the club too, I refer to my post history in that regard.
My post is specifically calling out the peoples who are complaining/concerned that Tredders is now a sycophant of Koch/Ken.

Go ahead, make an old man joke. This is a democracy.

Tredrea can refrain from a second dose of "untenable" without making "itz on der playerz"-type comments.

In a vacuum, probably.
But when you consider that every single one of his comments will get magnified if it in any way, shape or form critiques the coaching group, he is simply doing everything to avoid that happening.

I understand everyone's frustration - and short of people speaking with Warren directly, there is definitely an element of blind faith involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back