Preview Round 9 Friday May 10th - Keninly Foodbowl Cwub vs. Scott's Tots Goodbye (To 2025) New; Have We Lost Yet Discussion @ The Cattery

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Williams did this before 119. Remember that

He went well beyond that.

Saying that he’d already made space on the wall for the 2007 Premiership photo amidst other smug scenery chewing in media appearances, which off the back of the hysteria over Tredrea’s bow, went over really well with the Melbourne media and the day’s opponents.

On the Cornes Family ‘Open Mike’, Chad recalled that they didn’t just think they’d win, but they’d do it easy: “We’d beaten them down there in Geelong, and we’d just smashed North in the Prelim, etc”.

On the spectrum of Choco (instilling confidence bordering on delusional optimism) to Hinkley (monotonously over-respecting and pumping up the opponent to the point of pessimism), there’s clearly a balance to be struck.

Without even thinking I've got Rozee, Butters, Horne-Francis, Drew, Wines, Aliir, Houston, Dixon, Rioli clearly ahead of him and I could mount an argument for half a dozen others.
Yeah I'd take issue with Rioli and the other unnamed "half a dozen" players.

Sit back and watch the rot continue to set in. We have no hope of any joy in where this club is going under the most disgraceful coach in PA history. We enter this game knowing that nothing has changed to give us any hope of winning this.
The only light at the end of the tunnel is that another embarrassing loss is that disgusting smug look on hinkleys face may continue to break as the rest of the football world start to realise what many here have known for a decade that this coach and the ceo of this club are nothing but fraudsters.

He'll probably just stay in Geelong and fling some greyhounds into the local greyhound annihilator before taking up a role as Chris Scotts house dobby

Saying that he’d already made space on the wall for the 2007 Premiership photo amidst other smug scenery chewing in media appearances, which off the back of the hysteria over Tredrea’s bow, went over really well with the Melbourne media and the day’s opponents.

On the Cornes Family ‘Open Mike’, Chad recalled that they didn’t just think they’d win, but they’d do it easy: “We’d beaten them down there in Geelong, and we’d just smashed North in the Prelim, etc”.

On the spectrum of Choco (instilling confidence bordering on delusional optimism) to Hinkley (monotonously over-respecting and pumping up the opponent to the point of pessimism), there’s clearly a balance to be struck.
The irony is, that is the very same thing that Geelong did leading up to the 2008 GF. In an interview with Bomber Thompson, he said they just assumed they would win, the rooms were all set up with champagne on ice and decked out for a celebration before a ball was kicked.

The irony is, that is the very same thing that Geelong did leading up to the 2008 GF. In an interview with Bomber Thompson, he said they just assumed they would win, the rooms were all set up with champagne on ice and decked out for a celebration before a ball was kicked.

I believe the Sherrin that Mooney kicked the cover off with that pointblank miss after the halftime siren recently overtook Voyager 1.

Highlighted a big point, Cats are top 3 in the entire League at this. Intercepting/turnovers from backhalf and pushing it quickly forward to open up the forward line and letting blokes run into the forward 50m off of a turnover.

If Power let Cats do that the Geelong smalls/medium forwards like Stengle, Close, Miers, Henry and Dempsey will have a field day.
I hope they all do.

Give me self belief over self doubt in a professional athlete any day. The fact that our 2007 team even got to that game in the first place was a monumental achievement that gets overshadowed by what happened on the day. Our current team has way more going for it than that team did but the self doubt, negativity and timidness instilled by the head cucumber means it will never amount to anything more than making finals every other year and getting flogged when they do got there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really want to argue that Sam Powell-Pepper is better than Willie Rioli?
There is a large part of Bigfooty and football fandom in general that equates 'tough' with 'good'.

I had an argument a few weeks ago about whether All-Australian, B&F winning, responsible for the greatest single bit of tap ruck work in our history and possibly any club's history, Paddy Ryder was a better player than 'guy who only won a flag as our third string ruckman because Primus was injured but also tried hard and had big muscles and snotted some dumbass Crow fan' Dean Brogan. Beggars belief that it was even a question, let alone that it seemed to be about a 50/50 split.

We basically haven’t had SPP all season. Was out for 4 and then when he came back he was rusty and just when he looked like he was back against the saints he did his ACL.

We seemed to cope fine in the first 4 games without him, but now that the season is turning to s**t we are looking for excuses.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There is a large part of Bigfooty and football fandom in general that equates 'tough' with 'good'.

I had an argument a few weeks ago about whether All-Australian, B&F winning, responsible for the greatest single bit of tap ruck work in our history and possibly any club's history, Paddy Ryder was a better player than 'guy who only won a flag as our third string ruckman because Primus was injured but also tried hard and had big muscles and snotted some dumbass Crow fan' Dean Brogan. Beggars belief that it was even a question, let alone that it seemed to be about a 50/50 split.
Brogan was so much better it isn't funny.

Except when it’s tough players like Dixon and Jonas

Give me self belief over self doubt in a professional athlete any day. The fact that our 2007 team even got to that game in the first place was a monumental achievement that gets overshadowed by what happened on the day. Our current team has way more going for it than that team did but the self doubt, negativity and timidness instilled by the head cucumber means it will never amount to anything more than making finals every other year and getting flogged when they do got there.
What I'd give to be supporting a disciplined and motivated bunch of players, with a hint of ruthlessness and arrogance.

I miss those Magpies sides of the 90's. Watching our players win contests, execute the fundamentals, be ruthless and believe beyond doubt that if they played the right way they'd get the job done.

That 2007 team and season in general was awesome to watch, it just ended in the worst possible fashion. But up until the gf it was probably my most enjoyable year.

All I remember from 2007 now is that stupid face cucksissy had when that goal went in at Kardinia. Now I just want to puch that stupid face.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back